4.11.2012

Little People Can Create Big Waves

As I sat through my treatment I heard story after story of insurance companies denying treatment, limiting days, and basically doing everything possible to prevent people from receiving appropriate care.

That sucks.

I watched my friend Jess struggle day in and day out with her eating disorder, cry, get angry, and fight to make headway. She has come so far, yet has far to go on the road to recovery. However, for the last year, she (and our program) has had to fight her insurance company to allow her to continue to receive the appropriate level of care. 

Now? They blocked her again. 

What does that do? Do they think aborting her treatment midway is going to help? Any person with addiction knows it only will serve to increase symptoms- likely ending up with the patient needing a higher level of care than they were originally requesting acceptance for. #wisebusinessdecision

If you are willing? Help raise awareness by retweeting, offering support, and letting her insurance company know this has to stop. 

We all deserve health. 
post signature