5.20.2012

Numbers

Not that I am lazy or anything I am, I am but I like me a good NumberType post once in a while. Lets me bullet point/number things, which is a secret joy of mine. Those little bullet points and numbers really warm my ADHD heart. It's the little things in life, right? 

So, without further ado/nonsense/rambling/off topic-ness if that is not a word, it should be. I would google it, but I am too lazy. Also I would then have to have the next 237 ads I see be about "off topic-ness" type things, which would send me over the edge, so I am going to err on the side that it is, in fact, a word. Oh, and if you have ever read In The Plex, you would already know that Google saves so much information on us it is scary. I'd go under the radar, but I figure they know all they need to about me before I even knew what I was getting into, so I am already a goner. So yes, that is one thing I am actually not paranoid about.  , here goes: 

 Spazinated/Dumb Things I've Done Since My Last Post:
 
1- Times I burned myself on bacon grease. No, this does not include the time I burned my lip with hot bacon, because that was not since the last time I posted, and is therefore exempt.


1- Times I broke the lawn mower (this year) by running into stuff, then made it worse by trying to fix it. (my yearly average is about 3.5, and yes, I still have to mow the lawn, no matter how many things I run into) 


3- Number of times I have run into door frames. That's right. My mind/body coordination is that good. I never pay attention to where I am going and BAM! I hit the door frame. Not so bad, except when others witness it and give me that look. 

58- Number of items Asher forced me to go and retrieve for him while he had strep over the weekend. That kid had me running laps for "ice cold drinks of water" and the like. #tiredmommy 
He is on the mend though, so I may get some sleep tonight. 


4- Number of times I've forced the boys to ride their bikes alongside me as I run, then am stuck listening to them whine the whole time, therefore offsetting any stress reduction/bonding time I had hoped for. 

342ish- Number of tractors we've seen this Spring. My young farmer has an eagle eye for them. 


2- Number of books I've read on Pyschopaths/Sociopaths in the last month. Watch out sociopaths, I'm onto you. 


6- Times I've been convinced there was an axe murderer trying to get into the house. 


#?- Number of new Lululemon items I've purchased lately. I'll never tell. #sickness/addiction

26- Days until I leave for Florida! Side note: My bridesmaid dress is still not in- pushing it here! 

53- Number of laps we did around the Mall of America yesterday, looking for shoes, jewelry, handbags and other wedding stuff. 

2- Actual number of wedding items we actually checked off...#timesrunningout
AND? If you have any ideas for cute red open-toed pumps/wedges please forward the link to me? Thankssomuch.


1- STUPID LEG/THIGH/BUM/BACK ACHE PREVENTING ME FROM RUNNING. I went out tonight for a run (with Elijah biking/yapping) I could feel my low back/bum/quad area sore right away, but thought it may go away. It didn't. By mile 3, I had to stop and ended up painfully walking my bum home. I am trying a heating pad to see if that helps, but DaNg this hurts! 


Okay, I am going to go soak myself and see if I can ease my back pain a bit here.
Wish it luck?!



post signature

26 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

ack you poor thing! That bacon grease burn looks incredibly painful. Hope your back pain gets better. It sounds like sciatic pain. That's no fun!

Bari said...

Good luck on the soak & the red pumps!

The Stiffs said...

Oh my word... Have a lovely trip. Wave as you fly over TN. And as always STOP COOKING for crying out loud before you really get hurt!

Kmama said...

I have a habit of running into door frames, desks, tables, etc. I swear it's because my brain thinks my body is much narrower than it actually is. ;-)

Miller Racing Family said...

I feel your lawn mowing pain. Donnie always complains about me running into stuff, but he hates to mow so he always ends the conversation with it is all right just pay attention next time, lol. I am glad someone else forces their kids to go with them on workouts.
Have a great week!

Kristin said...

Those dang door frames attack me too! And I hope your back gets better soon!

Kameron said...

It looks like you and I share some of the same crappy luck! I hope you are at 100% soon!

Kaci said...

Holy hell that looks like it smarts!

Teamarcia said...

Ouchie! Bacon is delicious but deadly.
Please show us your Lulu--I'm still grieving for the crop pants I saw at last week's race that are no longer available. Oh and tell that bum to behave.

Kristina P. said...

Clearly this is the work of Mario Lopez.

Foursons said...

I started my lawnmower this morning and it made large, billowing, clouds of smoke. I just kept pushing hoping it'd at least make it through the mowing of the front yard. My house may have looked like it was on fire, but my yard looks nice.

OH, OH, OH- I ran a 9:41 mile this morning!!!!!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Ouch on the burn. I do love bacon though.

Val said...

Ouch....that looks like it hurts badly. I hope you feel better soon.

Emmy said...

Oh girl that bun is awful! And really no need to make any of those numbers higher- well the stuff you have for the wedding one can go higher.

Impulsive Addict said...

I didn't think I would ever meet someone more clumsy than myself, but I'm pretty sure you are it. I LOVE THAT! I'm thinking you need to stop cooking and doing anything strenuous.

Great post! I love feeling better about myself after reading a blog post. Thanks!

Liz Mays said...

Oh geez girlie, it sounds so painful the way you described it. I had to giggle at how you run into door frames though. :) I hope you find the perfect red shoes!

bobbi said...

Tell that pain to suck it! Hope it's feeling better, like, yesterday!

Furry Bottoms said...

Without all that, there wouldn't be Sara. I love you!!! :) Your body is probably telling you, whoa, slow down. Time to rest a little bit.

I burned my arm the other week. The wound curdled and curled and drained and it was all gross. But I'm happy to say that it has healed way faster than I ever dreamt. I hope the bacon grease burn is the same!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

my favorite number- how many times i have repeatedly said to my 3 year old do not take off all your clothes just to use the bathroom

marie said...

You wouldn't have to deal with the lawnmower if you pawned that job off to one of your kids like I did. I am super smart (and lazy) like that.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That burn looks intense! OUCH!
I hope Asher is feeling much better. Poor kid!
Have fun in Florida...I'm jealous!

Jen said...

Good luck! And that looks like a killer burn...ouch.
P.S. Why doesn't your husband mow the lawn? ;)

Amy said...

You sure make me smile.. I just ran into the wall and door today.. I think we are a like.. I burnt myself once with a seat belt and had the mark on my leg to show everyone.. Have a great day.. I do not even try to use the lawn mower that would be a huge mess..

Tara said...

You need to leave the bacon and lawn mower alone! You are going to kill yourself....forget the axe murderer doing it!

Angela said...

Oh boy! Lots to share! I'm not cool and ADHD like you but I love the number idea (might have to borrow that from you -- such a classic teacher thing huh?). :)

I commend you for even trying to mow the lawn... I have successfully avoided that (subject to change). :)

Love your updates! Hope you get some rest from all of these crazy happenings!

Stephanie said...

LOL Girlfriend! That burn looks awful. Perhaps it will scare off the axe murderers? Take care of you and hope that dress comes in!