I was going to write about Florida again, but had to interrupt my regularly scheduled blogging to do you all a favor.
My contribution to your continued existence- if you will.
Now, I know you are thinking, "Is she going all dramatic on us again here?" But NO!, I am not!
You see, I read this book called The S E R I A L K I L L E R Whisperer. (I figured it was safer for all of us if I space it like that- harder for potential killers to find it when googling, and come after us. You're welcome.)
Anyway, after reading it (and nearly passing out at some points. That book is NOT for the weak- and I am beyond weak. Seriously, some pretty graphic, scary stuff in the book. However, I figured it is best to learn all you can about your potential murderers, to best learn how to stay alive.) Here are my TOP TIPS TO AVOID DEATH BY A S E R I A L K I L L E R (SK for short)
• Avoid white men over the age of 28.5 - highest concentration in that demographic.
Many of the SK's in the book had been married one or more times. One? Would do a kill and go home to his wife, so don't go thinking you are safe.
• Never go in a car with a strange man, even if he is offering to help you with car stuff. These men? Disabled the cars and then offered to "help" the women- then BANG! Killed them. Completely dead.
• Never, ever, under any circumstances be a woman. Being so dramatically increases your chances of death by a SK.
• If you insist on being a woman, make sure you are never, ever, alone, under any circumstances. They stalk you on back roads, on beaches, coming out of the doctor's office, IN YOUR HOME!
One SK? Laughed at how "stupid" women are, and how they "think nothing will ever happen to them"
Never publish that you are alone on FB or any other site. No, no, no, no. Me? Here with ARMED GUARDS. Always.
**Might I also suggest you NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE ALONE ON A BACK DIRT ROAD FOLLOWING READING THIS BOOK? You may have a car pass you TWICE with 2 men in it. The passenger MAY turn back and look at you. You MAY freak out, turn the bike around and ride as fast as you can back to a main road and ride another 4 miles to stay on high visibility roads.**
• Avoid truck stops. Just trust me on this one. Rest stops, truck stops, highway stops- just keep going. Keep going, keep alive. Wet yourself.
• Do not write to SK's in jail, sending pictures of yourself and professing your love to them. These are not good people. See above tips if you feel the desire to do so. Also, look up the term SOCIOPATH.
• Do not have children who are boys or girls. Now, I admit, I am a bit of a pickle here on this one, but I am going to lock them up for the next century or so.
• Avoid being a prostitute, drunk, or drug addict. These are top targets as well. There are programs for you if you decide to become one of these. Utilize them.
• Stay aware. These freaks watch for distracted women. (again, this may be a bit of an issue for me. Even sans phone and such, I am distracted by a puddle, shiny rock, or cute pair of boots walking by. I am a WALKING TARGET of DISTRACTION. I must learn to stay awa...)
• Gain weight. Now, ignore your doctor and gain weight. SK's don't go after heavier women because they are harder to pick up, carry around, and transport. Therefore heavier = less chance of death by an SK (up to you to weigh the other benefits/risks)
*•* Finally- remember: Paranoia is your friend. Stay paranoid. (think I could get remembered for that like Steve Jobs for his "stay hungry" quote? I mean, I realize it is not all that original, but simple and to the point, right? Stay paranoid. Has a certain ring to it, does it not?) *•*
That's all I've got. As long as you are not a woman, don't have kids who are boys or girls, are never alone, are not a prostitute, are never distracted, weigh enough to be hard to transport, never use a truck stop, and are never alone? You have a decent chance of survival from the 50+ SK's who are out in the US at any given time.
You are welcome. This concludes my Contribution to your Continued Existence.
26 comments:
LOL, man those books that stay with you and freak you out like that. I can't handle them at all!!
I do completely 100% agree with not posting when you're alone on FB. Just like you should never post when you're going on vacation-that is if you keep your profile public. But who is crazy enough to do that these days?
Hope you're able to sleep. Match works nights right now, so there's no way I could read a book like that. I'd be up all night with the shotgun in one hand and the phone in the other. ;-)
Hmmm. What about silence of the lambs? Liked em heavier you know.
Off to try and figure out how to unbe a woman and unhave kids who are boys or girls...
Oh good. I have one thing on my side. A little extra weight means that the SK will skip right over me. LOL
I headbanged on my desk when I realized YOU read a book on SKs. SARA!!! You're plenty paranoid enough.
I guess I can quit my diet after all. YAY me!!!
Well thanks for COMPLETELY freaking me out. What if my stalker is a SK? Good news? I'm pregnant and heavy so I may live. I'm NEVER alone. Not even when I go poo so that's good. I never stop at truck stops to pee. I turn on side roads and squat in someone's pasture. I'm classy like that.
HAHAHA! Somehow you manage to walk the line between completely reasonable and hilariously paranoid quite well :D. Great tips, although it kind of seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of situation. Especially if you're a woman already. That alone puts us at extremely high risk. You have reminded me, actually, to get going on finding some mace for when I'm out running...
LOL Great tips!! Perhaps the fact that I am boardering on being a giant will keep me safe:)
I would risk a SK if I meant I could be ALONE!!!! Alone time sounds fabulous! ;)
Why thank you Sara. I can now sleep better at night. *snort*
Of course I read this right before going to bed.
*headdesk*
oh man, you mean I have to stop writing my penpal in the local prison? LOL! Love this post- your too funny as always
Oh, whew.... I'm good then. I'm not a woman, don't have kids who are boys or girls, am never alone, am not a prostitute, am never distracted, weigh a small ton, and stopped writing my SK lover in prison just last week.
Thanks for putting my fears to rest!
This is a super practical and helpful list! I feel safer just reading it.
So, to be clear...are you saying I should stop contacting and soliciting prisoners? What's wrong with convicted criminals?
Thanks for the laugh, I mean all the good information. I am going to have to use the truck stop one as Donnie makes us stop every Saturday night after the races.
Hope you have a fun and safe weekend!
Finally weighing more than average has its benefits!
Who are these women who write to men in jail?!? Did they have no father figure in their life. I will never understand it, never.
I am not a paranoid person but I am super safe. When I was single and waiting tables I would always have someone walk me to my car after a night shift. It was a really nice area and I was parked close but safety first.
Us women are pretty much screwed, aren't we?
hahaha This totally cracked me up! Every time I have to stay by myself at night I think of you!
Guess I better take some Depends with me on long road trips lol You are too funny Sara!
is there any luck for us out there! Man oh MAn!
Ok...this might be your best post yet! You always make me laugh. I do have a question...did you type this post before or after the two grown men in the minivan asked you where the lake was they supposedly lived on? I hope they didn't google and find your post even with the separate words. Just a thought!
Great tips. Too bad I violate all of them....depending on where the scale tips on the "too heavy to carry" department. My son weighs 57 pounds and I deem him too heavy to carry. ;)
Oh perfect! Finally I'm feeling good about my weightgain. I'm quite certain a SK couldn't budge me in my current state.
This post is great. I love it.
http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/
Where have you been girl? I miss you!
Lol!! I'm soooo glad that I'm a heavier woman and therfore less likely to be murdered! Not sure I should've read this tonight as my boy isn't home and I'm alone.....eek!!! xx
Good lord. This is an eye opener.
Happy Little Feet
Post a Comment