6.24.2012

Wedding!

Back from Florida! I figured I would break this trip up into parts, because frankly, my attention span is only long enough to type about one part at a time. 
Leaving MSP

We headed into Key West on Friday, and immediately took off for a bachelorette party (may I just say how lovely a drive it is to Key West with 3 crabby kids? lovely.)


Sara- new SIL, Patty, and myself
There is a guy on the island who walks around with parrots, and charges you to take your pic with him. We turned him down on the street and he followed us into the bar to take pics. I am going to say it- the bird claws didn't feel that fantastic on bare skin.

Saturday night, my parents hosted a BBQ at the hotel for all the wedding guests (there ended up being 27 guests, including children- for my sister? It was her first time meeting all the people from her hubby's family.) This pic? Right after the torrential rain that came through. It was also my dad's birthday, so we had a cake for him. 
   
Wedding Day!

Let me just say that although our hair and makeup men were fantastic? They did throw a bit of a diva fit (including throwing a brush) when they thought there was a mix up in people. It was pretty...awesome... 

It is a tradition in the Chinese culture to have a tea ceremony, where the couple present family with a special tea, and the family members offer advice, gifts, and best wishes. 

 

On the trolley to the ceremony. Following the ceremony, the trolley took us on a guided tour of the island before dropping us off at the reception. (Luckily for us, the tour included EVERY pothole in Key West.)


Random wedding shots:
Asher and G hanging out before the ceremony
 

Outside of gardens where wedding was held






The new family filling sand (instead of lighting a unity candle)

Steel Drum man playing at the wedding. Asher? Just helping out.



Key Lime Martini! Yum!


 After the reception, several of us went out to a bar to dance and hang out for a bit. On the way, Julie had to take a picture of my "awesome" windblown hair. (hate this hair, hate this hair...) 
 

While I would love to tell you more about the rest of the evening, it is kind of...blurry...I recall checking a bar to see if they had a mechanical bull to ride, and finding out they had a "clothing optional" bar on the 3rd level. 
Yes.
I went up. 
No, I did not bare anything. 
Yes, I did see a fully naked man- save for his hat- sipping a beer at the bar. 
No, I did not try and sneak a peek. I think my face was too red. (I lasted all of 2 minutes up there and had to leave. I felt like a perv.)
However, I think the hula hoops may have been a bad idea. The lady using one? Yeah. Maybe she should not have been. Maybe a few years of perkiness earlier...

All in all? Beautiful wedding day and congrats to the happy family! 


post signature

17 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

The wedding photos were great. I think Trey would have loved helping with the steel drums as well. Looks like you all had a blast.

Teamarcia said...

SOunds like quite the trip! Love Key West and weddings....bird claws and gravity/nudity not so much. Looks like a blast though!

Kmama said...

A clothing option level at the bar? Now that's interesting. Probably nothing I would ever like to see, but interesting.

alison said...

i LOVE your description of the happenings in the clothing optional bar! ;) i have to admit that i would have to have gone up too....but definitely would have been sporting clothes, a red face, and probably would have been giggling hysterically!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Looks like a fun wedding. Great pics. Naked hula hooping doesn't sound good at all.

marie said...

I would not have gone up to the 3rd level. And after nursing 3 kids I would most definitely not participated in any kind of naked hula hooping.

Bari said...

So fun! I've been to a clothing optional beach (kinda like a zoo) but a bar?? That's just crazy!

Kristina P. said...

What a beautiful wedding! And you look hot. Not in a sweaty way.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love the wedding pics! What a beautiful day!
I must say, I cringed at the thought of bird claws on bare shoulders. Brave woman!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

oh the photos are wonderful! You look fantastic and naked hula hopping? What? enough said? What!

The Mommy Therapy said...

Sounds like an interesting wedding weekend. Parrots on your shoulder and clothing optional bars with hoola hoopers....how could you not have fun?

Liz Mays said...

What a weekend! She looked so pretty, and it's fun to see what all you guys did. I can only imagine what that hissy fit was like!

Foursons said...

What a fun trip y'all took! Congrats to the newly married couple.

Tara said...

What a great place to have a wedding. Beautiful...all of it! Well, aside from the visuals of the naked man and non-perky hula lady.

Anonymous said...

omg how sexy you look... I got this feeling you would be a true island girl.

Angela said...

Looks like a very fun and wild time!

Thanks for letting me know what it is like in a "clothing optional" bar. My oh my, lady! I don't need to step foot into one of those lol

Thanks for sharing your crazy trip!

Holly said...

Oh! So close, so close and yet so far away! Glad you had fun here in South Florida and you were smart to do it before Tropical Storm Isaac passed through! I loved seeing your wedding pictures. Looks like a great time for your family.

Except for that naked hula-hooping part.