1.03.2013

Here Goes Nothing

UPDATE: Just because a person maybe accidentally  loses their way on their commitment, doesn't really mean they are a failure, right? 
  RIGHT!?!?! 
_____________________________________________

I don't do resolutions. Why? You'd honestly think I'd love the things. I mean, I am a teensy tiny bit competitive. Mostly with myself, of course. 
But? I am also a bit of a bad ass rebel. (yeah, that's right, just this morning I drove through the BUS ONLY section to drop Elijah off at school. fine, there were no buses in there at the time, but it was still bad ass rebel of me. 

So, basically I get stuck. Do I make a resolution and stick to it? Like the competitive person in my wants to? Or does the bad ass rebel in me win and I don't do it just to spite...myself. 

see? It is just overwhelming. However! I have made a commitment for the month. 

(much different than a resolution, trust me.)  

My commitment? 

Not to spend ANY money on things for myself. None. Nada. 

No clothes. No perusing the after Christmas sales in hopes of finding that one cute dress I long for. No great boots at 50% off, no cute new workout skirts to shake my Zumba booty in, nothing. 

It's day 3. 
I can do this. 
Heck, I bought enough in November and December to last me a month. 

I can do this.  

p.s. If anyone sees any great boots they want to gift me, that doesn't count against my commitment. I can receive gifts. Just sayin' 





post signature

19 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Silly Lady! And yes, you can do it. I cannot, but you can. You've got iron will!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

January is always our no spending month. No spending on anything but the necessities anyway. It is hard with all the sales though.

Charisse said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

You could always buy something for me and send it to me and then I would feel guilty and thus buy something for you and send YOU something. :)

Charisse

alison said...

GOOD LUCK! my husband would LOVE for me to jump on that bandwagon ;)

Bari said...

You are a better woman than me - I'd have already failed by day 3 :) Good Luck!

Kaci said...

HAHA! I love boots! XOXO Good luck sister!

Mrs. Match said...

Great commitment, and I bet you can easily go a whole month without spending on yourself! You know what I do, to get around that? I save up Amazon coupons and then buy stuff for myself, guilt free, using swagbucks. It doesn't take long to save up and I figure it's money that isn't in the budget, so it doesn't count!

LBDDiaries said...

I totally like your commitment. I really need to embrace that, too. I will not spend any money on things for myself for 6 months. That's all I can commit to right now but I agree - the last couple of months I went nutso. It is time to stop the insanity!! GOOD post!

Tara said...

Not to throw you off track, but I was watching the news the other day, and they did a story on lululemon at our local mall. You immediately popped into my head ;-)

PS I was able to get on your blog with IE...still not Chrome though :-/

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Oh, girl, I'm trying to do the same thing. I've been staying away from the stores just to avoid clearance sections!

bobbi said...

How about you come here and shop for me instead. Because outside of running shoes and the occasional workout piece, i pretty much do this all the time.

But i NEED new clothes. I look terrible and dated. And nothing fits anymore. Sigh.

I wish i loved shopping.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Good luck. I could not do that because I basically stalk Target's clearance shelves..

Kitchen Belleicious said...

here is to doing this with you! Like you said- i spent enough in november and december to last me til at least June! LOL!

Stephanie said...

LOL As always you make me LAUGH!!! I so can't do a month without spending money. Just can't. I say forgive yourself and move on, anyone who drives in the bus only lane can do ANYTHING!

marie said...

I don't make resolutions either. I've learned from years past that they don't last 2 weeks. I am better at average:)

Emmy said...

Oh I so need to be there with you-- though I need to add my kids to that as so overspent.

Jen said...

Happy New Year, Sara. You can do this!!! I love buying clothes too ;) but BE STRONG!!

Val said...

I promised myself after Christmas...I'd slow down on shopping and for the most part I have but it's so hard to do. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

LBDDiaries said...

So, so funny - I'm snickering at you! But that is also a commitment I made, too. It was hard because buying cheapie Kindle books shouldn't count - but they HAD to. Even cheapie adds up. GREAT post!