So! I decided to make a monthly recap of the big month events (I know, you are going to read this and say, "THOSE are her BIG month events!? Just bear with me. I am a small town girl and we don't get much in the way of excitement, okay?)
1) It snowed on the first day of May.
2) Asher received his yellow belt in karate. He was pretty excited about it.
3) My friend Dana and I ran The Rave Run. (Yes, we will take ANY excuse that comes our way to dress loudly and wear funky makeup. It's our way of pretending we are still hip...please let us continue.)
4) To be even more hip, I decided it would be a good idea to bite the end of my glow stick and use it to make cool stripes on my arm.
5) Then I learned a lesson about ingesting glo stick fluid and how badly it tastes and just how long that stuff remains on your tongue.
(and? Can you believe I was pulled over on the way home? Police officer said I stopped at a green light and wasn't "maintaining my lane"- whatever that is supposed to me. If you have ever seen me walk, run, drive, bike, rollerblade, skip... you would know I don't even know how to go in a straight line. My body is not able too.)
6) Anyway, I survived the glo stick eating incident, and we had a nice Mother's Day cruise on the St. Croix River off of Stillwater.
(I had always thought I got my nose from my dad's side, but this is proving me wrong. Good to know that my nose will only get longer as I age...)
7) Memorial Day weekend? Ran my 20 mile run, built a retaining wall at the house (want to sell it in the next year or less please less, please less) and visited with our favorite vets.
This weekend? Another glo run...the Electric Run. We have amazing outfits planned. And I am not driving. Or eating glo sticks.
10 comments:
So what did the cop say to you when you told him you don't do anything in a straight line?
The nose thing? I get it. I have my father's nose and am appalled at how I will look when I am 60. I need to start saving now for plastic surgery.
Look at you with all these crazy, festive runs! Glad you survived the glow stick juice. I don't wanna even think about what my nose.
You are toooo much fun!!! AWESOMENESS!!! Love the glow stick juice!!!
first of all, may i please represent all folks southern and thank you for including the ever-awesome "y'all" in your post?!?! nice touch :) and a rave run?? fun! i'm all excited because i found a color run that's coming to my little slice o'earth in december. and my son bit a glow stick once....while i was driving down the highway. the inside of his mouth was glowing. i pulled over and made him swish with some lemonade and called poison control. (amazingly enough, that was the first time i've ever had to call poison control. and anyone with any knowledge of my three little minions knows that is a miracle!). good times! you'll be pleased to know that whilst the glow material tastes like crap, it's not actually toxic. whew!
Your boys are growing up, wow!!!!
The rave run sounds fun! My daughter did a similar run recently.
www.memoirsofmeandmine.com
i love that last picture of you and your boys!
It's interesting right? We think we should have figured out all this stuff at our age, but we're still learning lessons like it's not a good idea to eat glo sticks :)
It sounds like a great month, glow-stick eating included!
Very nice and busy month of May! Remember those days when we used to blog a lot? Haha.. hope you are well!!
Post a Comment