5.07.2013

TTUT - 5 Things


Impulsive Addictl
 
 1) I am joining up with TTUT for fun this week. Well, that and Impulsive Addict gets all whiny if she doesn't have participants. 

2) Since I am too cheap to buy a picture of my grumpy looking, hunchbacked, big bum (Um BLACK? You are supposed to be SLIMMING!?!?) I will just show you this shot from the aforementioned 1/2 Marathon race I ran. Hot Stuff, I tell you. p.s., I promise to never pin a bib on my thigh again. #whyaddbulkthere!?


3) I am better now. And!? I have my first "official" office! We moved into a new office space yesterday! Now? To do something about all the blah in there. That's a lot of white and gray to stare at all day. 
*side note: We are, however, connected to a Level 4 building here. Which means I am scared to use the bathroom, because of the behavior issues. I am a wimp, and I fear they will smell the wimp on me and attack. 

BUT! 
4) The custodian for our office? Amazing. He is an amazing cook and shares recipes with us. Today? Brought in bruschetta he made for us. One word? Heavenly. What this has to do with anything? Nothing, but I am still thinking about how amazing it was, so I thought I would share. 

5) Finally? I did an 18 mile training run on Sunday and it felt great! Nothing like my last long run! I kept my pace at 10:05 min/mile just like my plan suggested and felt strong all the way through. I needed that for confidence! 

Now? Off to find things to decorate the new office with!

20 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

(1) I am NOT a whiney person.

(2) you are crazy for thinking you're anything but too skinny. And WTH are you running in the snow? That can't be fun. I bet running 13.1 miles was a breeze compared to running 18. You're cray cray.

(3) Level 4 building and behavior issues make no since to me. Are you saying you're afraid to go potty?

(4) Mw and Bruschetta don't like each other. But I just hope he washes his hands before fixing your food.


(5) Yes. Crazy. That is all. Running for longer than an hour seems insane.

Mrs. Match said...

Seriously, you look amazing, running in the snow. I'd have icicle tears on my face if it were me!!

I'm with IA, I'm confused. What's a level 4 building? Why are you afraid to pee?

I love a nice custodian, and one that cooks is even better!

Kaci said...

Okay...are you not teaching anymore? =)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I'm bowing down to you in all your amazing running glory. I don't understand running. I'm just not cool enough. But I so admire those who are!

Sarah said...

Nice office! It looks big. Do you have it to yourself? Your custodian sounds like a pretty cool guy too. Always good to have the custodian as a friend. I'm jealous of all this running you're doing. I have no time for it and it sucks.

Teamarcia said...

Very nice office! I did that same bib on the thigh thing last weekend. Mucho no bueno. Even moreso in all that snow.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Nice office.

If I ran that much, I'd keel over.

I feel like I'm dying just walking around the block sometimes.

allmylivesnow said...

Hi, just stopping by to say hello. Running 18 miles is quite a feat. My younger brother is a marathoner and competes a lot. I, myself have asthma so cannot join in the ranks although I wish I could. You look great and your blog is quite entertaining.

Barbara @ allmylivesnow.blogspot.com

marie said...

Wow, where to start, a custodian who makes Brushetta? Running 18 miles!! I fear my day today of making fish for dinner and trying to fit in 30 min on the stairmaster can't compete.

Betty Manousos said...

hi sweet sara, okay running 18 miles? you're my
hero, my wonderful friend!!

nice office.

hope you had a great mother's day.

big hugs!!
xoxo

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Nice office, girl!
Your half marathon? Looks ridiculously cold!!!

Stephanie said...

I adore that the custodian is a Chef Extrodinaire and seriously....can you please tell me how I can become addicted to running? You are such a rockstar!

Tara said...

You are a running machine and in the SNOW?!?!?

Lovely, BIG office even if gray, white and boring. You'll have it interesting in no time flat.

Bruschetta...yum!!

Emmy said...

You are a way way more dedicated runner than me-- I would never run in that snow!! Seems like the bib would be annoying on the leg as I would feel it while running.
Yes decorate your office stat!!

Emma said...

I've never been brave/coordinated enough to run in the snow but looks like fun! Office space looks awesome, hope you get it looking great soon x

Kitchen Belleicious said...

afraid to pee? fill me in??? love the pic of running in the snow and sorry been MIA! I am here now!

Betty Manousos said...

hello my wonderful friend!

happy weekend~

p.s. i linked to you today!

eileeninmd said...

Hi, I am visiting from the link on Betty's blog. I am in awe of anyone that can run in the marathons. The office is big and very nice, just needs some colors. Have a happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I come from the blog of Betty Manousos, Cut and Dry, and I love your corner, so if you do not mind, I become a follower of your magical space.
Hugs and kisses.

Betty Manousos said...

hey sara, i just wanted to let you know that i linked to you a while back and i'm very pleased to see two fellow bloggers of mine, eileen and pedro visiting here, following and leaving some comment love.

if you get a chance-would you consider paying them a visit? you won't be sorry, girl!

love ya~