11.10.2013

Florida 2.0 = The Minecon Edition, part 1

Because we are the coolest parents in the world, we took our kids to Florida to attend the Minecon Convention. (You know, the game where all the parents look at it and say, "I'm not sure what he is doing on the computer there, it looks like a 1980's game of some type.")(Honestly, it was a hardship to have to take the kids on a weeklong trip to Florida. All the nice weather, fun times...we are givers all right.) 

Moving on. (honestly, have you ever seen anyone get so caught up in explanations? I apparently have some sort of condition that requires the liberal use of parenthesis whenever I write in order to survive. Pretty sure someone out there is doing some research on that as we...type.) (And ellipsis marks too... Love 'em. #issuesgaloregirl) 

Of course, I had to bring my BFF and her family to join the fun. (that is her twitter name. Get this: She actually used her FIRST and LAST name when she created her twitter account this week. I was all, "Girl, YOU DON'T DO THAT! Your going to get us killed! They will see your name, google you, trace it back to ME, and kill us both. After all, it's all about me, and my fear of being offed, right?) I am being kind and not giving her full name Dana out on here. 

 Naturally, before heading to Minecon, we had to make the obligatory trip to Disney, right?    






(I would have won, but I had a sore wrist from the first round, and I am SURE Jess cheated.)

It was a good time to take the boys, I think they at the age where this was the last time they would really have a good time at the Magic Kingdom. They are ready for more adventurous parks now! 

 I am not sure if you saw on Facebook or not, but Minecon allowed Dana and myself to be...
MINECON AGENTS
 (I know, right!? Apparently agents are not required to be background checked, highly trained, or pass rigorous physical training tests. They just have to be willing to work for free.)

We all had an amazing time. The staff at Mojang are incredibly kind and fun to talk with. The set up was incredible. The panels were great, and they even rented out Islands of Adventure for us to visit Saturday night. I'll go into more detail in my next post, but my stomach is growling and I have been sitting for more than the doctor recommended 15 minutes, so I'll just leave you with some pics for now. :) 





(1,000,000 bonus points if you comment and tell me who this is!)


Posing with C418 and PGUEDER



Jeb! I had to physically pull Elijah away, or we'd still be standing there.

This is Dinnerbone. No, not the type you eat, but the human type. Which I didn't know existed until Minecraft.




post signature

4 comments:

Emmy said...

Sounds like a fun trip! What a good mom for taking them to the convention too. My son has a lot of friends that play minecraft and yea it just seems all funny to me.

Mrs. M said...

My kids have recently discovered Minecraft and Eli would play ALL DAY LONG if I let him. He would have loved this convention - why didn't you take him too?????? :-)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You are pretty much the coolest mom ever! Dylan would have loved that!

Dylan Brandon said...

Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Itua herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2). I have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Itua sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. All thanks to God for leading me to Dr Itua who was able to cure me completely from this deadly disease. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Itua because I got to know him through Elizabeth who he cured from HPV . I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Itua through his email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com) You can also order from his webstore https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received