8.23.2008

100 Things about me

Everything you've ever wanted to know about me... 

1. I am 29 years old
2. I have lived in Minnesota my entire life (sigh)
3. I have been married to my wonderful hubby for 10 years
4. Look at my age, do the math. Yes we were young. Amazingly, he still loves me way more than I ever deserve.
5. I have 2 awesome boys. They are my greatest source of joy. 
6. Elijah, who is 6, has the most amazing imagination. He is constantly building things, and coming up with new ideas.
7. He is currently saving his pennies to go an a cruise.
8. My other son, Asher, is 2 1/2
9. He is however, the size of a 4 year old. I hear on a daily basis that he "will soon be bigger than mommy!" 
10. I am a teacher, currently teaching 4th grade. 
11. I get nervous before the start of every school year and panic that I have forgotten how to teach over the summer. 
12. I tend to spaz every once in a while. People who know me are used to it and ignore it. 
13. I am addicted to The Soup on E! 
14. I love, love, love running
15. Which is odd, because I was the girl who couldn't make the mile all through high school.
16. The longest I ever ran was 19.5 miles, when my knee gave out. Dr. said I overtrained
17. I am back in training, runner better and faster than before. Watch me whippin' by...
18. My goal is to do a marathon in the this year. 
19. When I run, I listen to sermons by Rob Bell and Greg Boyd
20. I love to eat anything with Peanut Butter- yummy
21. I often change conversations  mid- sentence
22. This leaves the other person confused, wondering what happened.
23. I also start conversations figuring others know who or what I am talking about
24. Refer to #22
25. I love kettle corn popcorn. 
26. I have not eaten red meat (cow, pig, ect) in 10 years
27. Except when pregnant, when I loved cheeseburgers
28. Immediately after pregnancy, my cravings for cheeseburgers ended. 
29. My hubby loves red meat. 
30. I hate to cook
31. Hubby hates to cook
32. This makes for interesting fights over who has to prepare dinner. 
33. I love to read, and will read anything I get my hands on
34. Except manuals of any type
35. I have an iPhone and love it
36. My hubby is a Mac guy, so we both have iPhones, MacBooks and an iMac
37. I have a cat, Paige
38. I got Paige when I turned 13 years old, so she is old
39. Corey pretends to hate her, calling her stupid, but secretly pets her. 
40. I often stare at my boys in amazement, not believing they are mine
41. I have a sister, Patty, who lives in the cities
42. Her son and my boys love to play together. it gets loud
43. I have a brother, Brian, who died November 25, 2004
44. He was paralyzed in an accident in 1999, and died of complications
45. I live awfully close to my parents. 
46. Which is okay for my boys, who scream with excitement when they see my parents
47. I am done having children, well, Corey and I are
48. He got fixed to prove it (and to show how much he loves me, he says)
49. When he says that I'm like "have you seen the size of our offsprings heads? That, my dear, is love." 
50. I don't like dogs
51. And I hate when they chase me when running. 
52. In fact, I am buying Mace to carry when running, because 1 too many dogs have scared the **%$ out of me, and almost bit me. 
53. I rarely swear, as Corey thinks it is not appropriate.
54. He never swears unless he is really mad. 
55. Usually it is at me. 
56. I love Target
57. I can be found there several times a week.
58. Some employees know me by name, as they do my children
59. Last week Asher climbed up onto the belt. 
60. Cashier did not find it funny. 
61. My sister used to work for target
62. I love to watch The Office
63. I also watch House Hunters a lot. 
64. Dorky, I know
65. But hey, my husband watches Deadliest Catch, and its better than that. 
66. I am scared to teach long division, as  I hated it in school
67. I love to teach reading and love to read to children
68. I am not political at all
69. I can't stand all the advertising that slams other politicians
70. It makes me hate both politicians
71. I was a trouble maker in high school
72. Times change, and now I am the most boring person alive
73. Need proof? See #63
74. This list is even boring me. are we done yet? 
75. No? I'll keep going then...
76. I don't think cruises are all that great. 
77. People believe I may have ADHD
78. My doctor can't find out, as I will never complete the testing
79. Why would you make an ADHD test 3 hours? 
80. I believe you should never, ever, judge someone on what they were in high school
81. Because times change my dear, and so do we. 
82. I love to take naps
83. I play Tetris on my iphone. My highest score? 177,567
84. Especially when I am stressed.
85. I love Jesus and try to do my best not to humiliate him on a daily basis, but still do
86. I am currently searching for a new church 
87. I want church to be about the people, not the building
88. And not the people in the church- the people we reach outside the church. 
89. I love to read other peoples blogs
90. I think it is cool to get an insight on others lives 
91. So if you have a blog, thank you. 
92. I love to stay up late at night 
93. I can only do so one more night, then it is back to work. 
94. Having summers off is fantastic
95. I feel sorry for those who work all summer. 
96. I spend too much time on my phone
97. I hate conflict
98. I avoid it, even when I shouldn't
99. I may not have much good to say on my blog
100. But I thank you for checking it out. 

3 comments:

Christie said...

This is cute, we have lots in common! Except I'm not ADHD...most of the time!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I can relate to so many of these!

Like numbers 15, 21, 23, 33, 34, 53, 68, 85, 89, and especially number 80!

[sorry, is that weird that I just listed all the ones that I relate to? oh well :)]

I love these lists... they are so fun!

Michelle said...

I love Target too! Who doesn't?