Then I remembered how Monday I put the keys to my car in Corey's car in the glove compartment (we were at the state fair and I didn't want to lose them or have a purse snatcher find them and my wallet and know the address to my house and come in and hide under my bed and grab my feet when I was sleeping.) Corey was 3/4 of the way to work- 25 min away. Shoot.
I was already spazzing, so that just sent me off again. I called my dad to see if he could rescue me (thanks for the great voicemail dad!) Finally, I had to call Corey and have him come back and give me the keys. Meanwhile, Asher clung onto my leg crying because he wanted to cuddle.
I made it to work with 8 minutes to spare before the superintendents address, got my photo and settled in for a looong morning of listening to welcomes, right to know info, blood born pathogens (hey, we got a new video this year! Yippee! Before it was circa 1982)...
Then I ran like a crazy woman the rest of the day trying to finish my classroom.
It was nice to reconnect with all my 'teacher friends' and have some laughs though. It makes you feel like a professional again after being a slug all summer.
I have a math workshop in 1 hour and 27 minutes, and Open House tonight. Wish me luck
No comments:
Post a Comment