9.29.2008

Not ME!!



I did not accidently lock my 2 year old in the car at the gas station yesterday. And my cell phone. 

I did not attempt to go to Walmart on a Sunday afternoon- with a overtired 2 year old. Everyone knows that would be the equivalent of stupidity. 

I did not give my child a hershey bar and chocolate milk because I felt guilty for locking him in the car. After all, chocolate is bad for you and who needs all the sugar before nap time? 

Again, being a *healthy* person, I did not let Elijah eat a spoonful of frosting for snack, simply because I was lying down and didn't want to get up and get him something. 

I did not go running (10 miles!) on a hurting ankle, figuring the dr. would make me take time off from running, so i might as well make it good. 

And, I did not spend an hour playing tetris on my phone while my husband did yard work. Then run around the house like a mad woman picking up so it would look like I was busy the whole time. 

4 comments:

Shanan Strange said...

OMG.. the combination of a sleepy 2 year old and WalMart brings back lots of memories. I found you on MckMama and wanted to stop by and say Hello. Love your blog!!

Jennifer said...

Too funny! And I have never cleaned for about 30 minutes and then said it took all day! That would be sooo lieing! I would never do such!

Anonymous said...

How scary. Did you get him to unlock the doors.. if not how did you get them unlocked?

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Well, I had to go into the store and call my husband,
- no answer, called my mom,
-no answer
called my dad,
No answer,
called the police,
NO ANSWER!!! called the locksmith- voicemail. Finally, I called 911, who told me to call the locksmith (who I had already tried) and then I got the brainstorm to call my grandma, who was with my dad & husband. Hubby came and rescued my little man. Asher- he could have cared less about being locked in the car. He had his bear blankie and a sippy cup, so he was happy.