To be blunt, I am not interested in going if it is just going to be - excuse the lack of better wording- cock fight. And by that I mean, let's all get together after 10 years of high school and compare:
• Careers- do you make more/less than me?
• Spouses- you married? Great! No, oh sorry!
• Children
• Education- you only have your B.S.? I am working on my masters.
• Life experience- you had more or less than me?
• And lets not forget- weight. You get fat on us lady?
I am perfectly willing to go and visit with old friends I haven't seen, see their children and laugh with them again. I am not interested in making small, petty talk with people who I didn't get along with in high school. I am not interested in comparing lives for status sake. We all make different life choices, and they lead us on different paths.
We can all be proud of what we have done since high school, and look forward to the experiences still to come.
I talked to an old high school friend yesterday who said she isn't going- she doesn't feel comfortable. She didn't go to college, works in a blue collar job and doesn't have "success." She forgets, she has 2 beautiful children, a loving husband and a good life. Take pride in that!
As for me? I'll make a decision soon. Maybe I am just overthinking the whole deal?
No comments:
Post a Comment