10.01.2008

Womanly Crappola

I am sore and tired. Too much butt kicking Tae Bo and running I guess. 
So, Core asked me a stupid question yesterday. We have a wedding on Saturday- nothing fancy, just  your garden variety, run of the mill small town wedding, mind you- and he asks me, 
"do you have anything to wear?" Well, always in the interest of adding to my collection, I instantly said, "No, nothing at all. Let's go shopping."   Then of course, I am like, "hey poop head. What are  you saying? I have nothing appropriate to wear to a wedding where chances are someone is going to show up in a miniskirt and 80's bangs? What do you think of me?
So, we are going shopping tonight. I love to shop- I just wish I didn't have to try things on and look at my fat butt in the mirror, try to smoosh my back fat in and make it all look good. (or decently acceptable.) I have had the worst body image lately. Don't know what my problem is, other than I am:
1. Female
2. Living in America
3. Surrounded by messages each day telling us to be thinner, younger, hotter, and more efficient

Seriously, next time you are at a store- look at the Women's Day, Redbook, and similiar magazines, they will all have a headline telling you how to lose weight, be more efficient, and then show some super high calorie dessert/dish you should make for your family- but don't dare indulge because you are on a stupid diet to look better, younger, hotter. 
This now ends my rant. Sorry to waste your time on it. 

4 comments:

Guacaholic said...

Sara,
Girl, you look fantastic! You have, like, zero thighs. I suggest you go hang out at Wal-Mart for a while to shift your perspective.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Go to wal-mart and you'll realize you have no back fat.

And you need to start reading Oprah Magazine. They have no such articles - in fact, this month was all about why you look good just the way you are.

Jazzy said...

You could always read the Bible:) That tells you how awsome and perfect you are, and it doesn't have pictures of high calorie desserts!!!Bonus!

Speaking of food. You guys should come over for dinner soon. I usually only cook healthy stuff, so you'll be able to eat, and Corey can just watch!!

Anonymous said...

Beauty comes from with-in.