10.30.2008

And So The Fates Align...

Tomorrow is Halloween. (You know, in case you've been hiding in a cave and didn't notice.) I am not a huge fan of Halloween. Mainly because I am a wimp and hate scary things. Also, as a teacher, we are faced with 23+ students who are whipped up over the holiday, sugar 'em up at a class party, send them out, and they come back the next day all sugared up again. Makes for a long couple of days. 
This year however, the fates of Halloween Happiness For Teachers have aligned in my district. How so you inquire? Sit tight and I'll tell you. 
1) Tomorrow is a Friday. Meaning no school the next day! Yippee! 
2) We have early dismissal!! We are out of school at 12:10 p.m. 
3) Because of the early dismissal, class parties, and Halloween parades, we have No Classes! Just a day of fun, movies, parties and candy.  
4) Come Monday, the kids will have eaten the majority of their candy, be rested and ready for a new week. 

In other news: 
Elijah is going to be a dinosaur. If I do say, he makes quite the adorable dinosaur. Asher refuses to put any costume on, so he is going out in a pair of Halloween pajamas. I anticipate many fights over candy as he realizes what is going on. That kid can spot a candy bar from 10 paces. (Yeah, he's my boy) 
I am definitely planning on not eating a lot of candy tomorrow. I will only test a few choice pieces of the boys collection, checking for freshness and safety. (Which is pretty safe, considering we go to 2 grandparents and a few neighbors.) 

Then, Saturday, I will begin my Thanksgiving decoration. I have have my eye on this set if your looking for a gift idea for me... Its pretty Klassy. 
     

5 comments:

Guacaholic said...

Ooh, did you find that turkey at the Big C Wal-Mart? Yeeaaah!

I am torn. I bought candy for trick or treaters because I know how bad my niece and nephew get on the sugar highs. "Aunt Tatie, I want tandy for dinner! Noooo!" Yet the last time I didn't buy candy was in 2004, and I was in Fargo on actual Halloween, so my old roommate had to hand out bags of pretzels to kids. He said it was the worst thing ever. So dramatic.

Guacaholic said...

Wait, that was supposed to be "I am torn because I know". Oops.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Kate, get the kids candy. I hope I didn't sound completely against Halloween! As parents, we understand the high, and ride the sugar wave. After all, we participate in the holiday, right? Your niece and nephew sound adorable!
That turkey cover? Not even available at Walmart. Even too much for them, or they have their shelves full of camo right now, and don't have the room.

Alicia O. & the gang said...

Laughed aloud at your amazing turkey day find! Wishing I knew where I could get myself one! (note sarcasm)
And yes for halloween I too dread the day...but it's all in good fun for the children and hey...what's one more day full of sugar in the scheme of the next few months right? But scary things and I do not mix either! Congrats on the "holiday" weekend!

Jazzy said...

If you get that turkey seat cover I am totally coming over to check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe take pics?! Anyways happy trick or treating. Every year it gets harder and harder to "celebrate" halloween. I finally told my children that it is officially declared "Costume and Candy Night" in our house. It sounds lame I am sure, but I HATE halloween and the whole meaning behind it. yuck! Anyways have fun inspecting the candy. Can't wait to hear your Not Me's! after this little sugar fest:)