I have been quite the busy gal this week, not doing things I am not supposed to.
UPDATE: I did not/better not have just caught my hubby using my toothbrush. Seriously? Couldn't have have chosen the Thomas or Pooh one?
- I did not fib to my doctor when he asked me if I -ahem-stretch before each run. Why certainly, I do! Then, when he asked me if by that I mean running my first mile a bit slower than my normal pace did I remark, "Man, no wonder you make the big bucks!"
- I did not if you notice the previous post, ruin my MIL's Canon 30D camera by jamming the memory card in at an angle. Then, try to make light of it by pointing out it could have been the 5D, and she wants a new camera anyway. We have a new family rule: I am not under any circumstances, including, fire, nuclear attack or certain death to ever, ever, ever, ever touch one of the cameras again. I have been demoted to the Canon PowerShot.
- I did not, despite the fact I never stick my foot in my mouth, read over Jellyfish facts in Science class,which included the information that Jellyfish have only one opening on their entire body.. see where this is going? Not good... Then say to a class full of 4th graders... "Wow, think of how many openings we have"....oh shoot, is there a rewind button? Move on. Next.
- I did not have all this thought out, typed up and waiting to post on Sunday night. What kind of dork does that just to be among the first to post? I can handle the wait. Kindof.
- I did not steal a cookie from the Cub Free Cookies for Kids of ALL Ages on Saturday, and eat it for lunch. Compounding dorkiness, I did not comment out loud, "i think I will just grab this cookie for Elijah. He loves these things." You know, in case anyone around me thought it odd that I was taking a frosting covered sugar cookie from the case with a rabid look in my eyes.
- I did not, upon getting family pictures back, study all the ones with myself in them, checking for bags under my eyes (check), fat tummy (check) and to see if my thighs looked fat. Then, when my husband asked what I thought, had to admit I hadn't really paid any attention to the other occupants of the pictures, you know, my family. I am not that vain and insecure.
I am so sure I did more. I always do. Right now, I am not letting my boys stay up past bedtime, because they are cute and smell good after their bath.
Again, if you haven't check out www.mycharmingkids.net. McMama is a hoot.
14 comments:
Love the Jellyfish story!! That's too funny!
Oh yeah, I understand totally about checking yourself out. After all, isn't that what matters the most??
LOL...that jellyfish story is hilarious. I could so see myself doing something like that. Great list!
Love the jellyfish story!
I don't ever just look at myself in the pictures first and then delete them if I decide I don't like how I look..this would not have happened one too many times where I actually deleted "important" pictures.
I didn't know that about jellyfish, but like me a bunch of fourth graders now do. That's great!
Loved the Jellyfish story.. To stinkin' funny..
I wrote mine all out on paper last week and then typed it up...lol. Pathetic huh?
I laughed so hard at your Not Me's..they were great!!
Great list! Love the cookie one--I'd do the same, except maybe take 3 or 4.
Omgoodness.. You had me laughing out loud! oh the jelly fish story... and the cookie story. too much. You are a hoot!
Too bad I CANT relate to your family picture issue. ;)
:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com
I am normally kind to the cameras, but I am not allowed to touch the grills in our family. You have flame shooting out of a grill one time and you're labeled!
the jellyfish story had me laughing outloud...and i totally do the same thing with family photos...not that i'm actually admitting that! :)
Hi--I found your link from MckMamma's and am trying to participate in Not Me Monday, but cannot for the life of me figure out how, exactly, to use Mr. Linky. I realize you don't know me at all...But is there anyway you could let me know how you linked your page to hers? Thanks!
Thanks so much for responding! I appreciate it! And great list:-)
Super list! And...thank goodness that sometimes children DO NOT listen....maybe that was one of those times???!!! And today in Cub I TOTALLY contemplated doing the same as I read the sign for the very first time and grabbed 1 for the bigs!
Post a Comment