11.11.2008

Ahh...


I had this completely great post about my son and how it is his birthday all written out in my pre-blog (my head.) I was going to add pictures of him from all the different stages of his childhood, from the sweet newborn (who screamed for 3 months) to the wonderful 6 year old he is tomorrow. 
I was going to blog about how amazing the journey is into motherhood, all the feelings of love, patience and guilt you feel as a mother. About how you fall in love with your spouse all over again watching them become a father. About what an amazing little artist my boy is, and even post one of his drawings. 
But... I am tired. And I don't want to post a half hearted attempt at it, because he deserves more. So maybe tomorrow night, on his actual birthday. 
Tonight? We made brownies with frosting (his favorite.) We played with his new Polar Express Train. We cuddled, wrestled and told each other "I love you." 
Tomorrow, I have conferences until 8:45 p.m., so I am taking him to the bakery for breakfast. Friday we are taking him to a hotel to spend the night, swim and visit the train museum and science museum. 
So, I will thank my little man for being such an awesome son. His daddy and I think he is amazing. Through him, I believe I see a {speck} of the love our God must have for us. Because if he loves us as much as we love our babies- whoa. 

Now, wish me luck tomorrow! I finished 35 progress reports, made 35 folders and stuffed them with 35 grading sheets, reports, examples of work, test data and misc. info. Now I just have to organize them by conference time. 

5 comments:

Miss said...

you said it PERFECTLY!!!!
=)

Kameron said...

Good luck! I hope you got everything together!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I figure at 30 it is high time I get a proper bra fitting!! :o)

Julie said...

I am the same way! I always have a wonderful post written in my head, but by the time I get a chance to write it, I'm too tired to think straight.

Happy Birthday Elijah!

Liz said...

I think you said it all....beautiful post..
hope your day went well...
thanks for visiting my blog

Over-Caffeinated said...

Sometimes our actual work turns out just as good as the best intentions... which I think happened in this case. Happy birth day to you too! :)

Ondrea