So here they are
Sun 11/2- 12 miles
Tues 11/4- 8 miles
Wed 11/5- 7 miles
Fri- 11/7- 11 miles and a really good chocolate brownie.
Sun 11/8- 12 miles
Tues- 11/11- 10 miles
Thurs 11/13- 6 miles this morning. Thought I was going to have a heart attack and die, how do people run in the morning?
Anyway, I had someone ask me how I can be a full time worker, mommy and run so much. I have a {few} answers for that:
1) I reluctantly run in the morning, before the kids are awake. I hate it. I can run a 8:45-9 min mile easy at night, but at 5 a.m? 10 min miles seem daunting.
2) I have a treadmill at home, so I can break my runs up. This is not optimal, but it fits my lifestyle during the school year. I sometimes run a few miles while the boys play around me, then pop dinner in and run a few more. I also run while daddy gives the boys a bath or takes them outside for man time.
Core is really understanding and supportive of the habit I love. I support him back in biking, ect. (ok, he would love it if I didn't permanently smell like sweat.)
3) Finally, I never relax until 9 pm or later. I haven't watched tv in weeks, I don't sit on the couch and relax, I run. I have to give some things up in order to do it, but I have decided what I enjoy doing. I juggle family time with me time, and try to come up with a balance that doesn't kill any of us.
I also listen to sermons and podcast while I run, which allows me to think and reflect- almost like a double, sweaty, smelly, whammy.
I need to eat something now, and I can't eat any more frosted brownies or I'm going to puke. I'm out...
7 comments:
So here's a question for you...how did you start running? As a teen or later? And why the ambition to run and/or run a marathon?
Have you tried the "no pudge" brownies????
FAT FREE!!
Oh yeah!
So with a name like that, I figured I can eat nothing but brownies and eventually see "no pudge" on my butt.
Seriously? Bring some tomorrow night. Some as in, alot, that is.
Asher is excited to "put swimmy pull up on, see hohan"
You are AMAZING. Seriously! How you run this much and HAVEN'T run a marathon is beyond me. :)
wow...you are awesome...great job..
oooo u are my new inspiration to keep up the running i started.....well today! hahaha i found a cool mileage tracker and it's on my sidebar if you're interested.
OMGosh!! I can't believe that you run, I just found your blog and I have been looking to start...but hello, I am a couch potato so you know what that means...I am starting with 3 and dying!!! You are a blessing and motivation...adorable blog
Post a Comment