11.30.2008

Not me!


Well, after last nights deep thoughts, I am ready for some fun! Since last Monday, we have continued to battle the stomach virus. However, Elijah certainly {did not} lean over the side of his bunk bed and through up copious amounts of vomit. When vomit has a certain amount of velocity, it {does not} splatter about 5 feet in diameter upon hitting the ground, covering everything including your younger brother

I {did not} wear 2 different socks the other day because I couldn't find 2 matching socks. I did not just figure if anyone commented I would kick 'em. 

I {did not} get super excited when I saw I had a few comments on my posts! I am not a dork. Wait, if you read this blog, you already know I am. Shot that one down. 

What sort of thinking woman brings her husband along holiday shopping? Not me! I mean, the man doesn't even like grocery shopping. Of course, we had a wonderful time, browsing toys at my leisure, taking in the sights and sounds of Christmas, and looking at all the shops. {ahem.} 

As a mother, I always check Asher's diaper before ripping it off him. So, of course, I checked  before ripping off his diaper this afternoon. That {was not} a turd that fell out and hit my bare foot. My husband {did not} think this was hilarious. 

Ahh, well. At least we are all in good health this week, and we leave for Florida in 16 days!! I will check you all later- leave me a comment so I can check your list out!

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! OMG LOVE your Not Mes!!! You are HILARIOUS!

Erica said...

Great 'Not Me's'! Sorry about all the messes you've had lately, certainly this will be a cleaner week =)!

Suzanne said...

I love to count how many people talk about the same topic. Vomit is prevelant this week. A few weeks ago it was urine! ;)
CountryMom (Suzanne)

Shannon said...

I love your not Me's not because they have happened to me and I can relate. ; )

DESJ and Company said...

I am NOT extremely jealous of your impending trip.
:)

Unknown said...

Glad you're all feeling better!

Mandy said...

You are one funny girl! LOL!

Missey~ said...

Great Not-me's :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog..it was great to "Meet You"

Have Fun in Florida--I am sitting here watching it snow.

Missey

kristyo15 said...

Thanks for visiting! I can definitely relate to the 'turd' story! Last night my little girl decided to hide one from me and I about stuck my hand in it as I put her in the bath! I'll have to add that to my Not Me's! :)

momstheword said...

I feel your pain. When the kids were little my youngest (a toddler) slid in the throw-up that I hadn't finished cleaning up yet and then I had to clean him up too....yuck!

Janis said...

Glad you got rid of the ickies before your trip! Hope you have a great vacation!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Janis

He & Me + 3 said...

Your list is hysterical. I would never take hubby shopping. He would only last 10 minutes. lOL

Audre said...

Vomit was at my ouse to along with diarhea all over me during thanksgiving dinner. It was awesome NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can have my mom as long as she keeps coming over to my house to do my laundry.

Thanx for the laughs and the comment

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for reading mine- tag back-- and you are not a dork, I am totally psyched that someone is reading my blog also. my husband thinks I just like talking to myself so much that it does not bother me no one reads it!

And as far as the sock-- try wears two different shoes - both sneaker- to work for a 12 hour shift!

Hugs enjoy your vacation!
Melissa- mad fam of 5

erin said...

oh no!!!!!!!!!!! that vomit one was aweful!!!! hope they're better!

Abby said...

You gave me a good laugh! Sorry about the turd!

tammy said...

UGH!!! You deserve a break in Florida.

My husband is also very enthused to go shopping with me--as long as it is at Home Depot!!!

Enjoyed reading your 'NOT ME's'

Tammy

Staci said...

Enjoyed reading your Not Me's! I laughed about the turd because it has happened to me...except it was squishy (gross I know).

Kingston's Mom said...

Oh, I think we bonded. We both used the word "turd" in our Not Me posts!! We should hang out.

Keeslermom said...

Oh! I've done the bunk bed one-EEwwww! While pregnant, sleep deprived, alone at night, with toddlers in the bottom bunk! Thanks for the great memories!

Anonymous said...

I love your "Not Me's".... :)

We've had diarrhea and pink eye at our house for several days now so I'm sure vomit is in my near future too!!

Say, thought I'd pass on this website to you as well. It's my club/coach site:
http://woodburyltfrunclub.blogspot.com/

Also, you don't have to be a member to run with the running club.

Enjoy Florida!

Anna said...

funny funny! i've worn 2 different socks before...but the bad part is that i really didn't know it :) happy monday!

Ms. J said...

You're not me's are funny...we just got over the stomach virus so I can relate to the vomit one...have fun in Florida!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thank God every day that my diaper days are over, but you will never forget them. You deserve a vaca in FL - you may not even need socks!!!

KJA said...

You crack me up. Thanks for sharing.

nurseheather said...

thanks so much for stopping by my blog. sounds like you had a fabulous week - a lot of secretions coming from a lot of different orifices. i'm a pediatric nurse so absolutely none of that even phases me but that doesn't mean i would want to deal with that at home. I too have to relate and say pieces of poop have fallen out of my daughter's diaper on to the floor, my shoe, toys, etc. sounds like it happens to many of us. i'll be checking back in with you. have a great week.

Paula71 said...

O love your not me. I am new to this whole blogging thing. I wore mismatched socks today thinking that the Dr. office would not make me take off my shoes to get on the scale. Well they did. I forgot to put that in my not me list. This week is my first not me.

Janet said...

Hehehe! I had forgotten the messes little people DO NOT leave behind! Thanks for visiting my blog and for the good giggle! Enjoy Florida!

http//greetingsfromgauteng.blogspot.com

Beth E. said...

I hopped over from MckMama's site to check out your blog...great Not Me's! Hehe I remember those days when my two boys were little. Although I miss those precious days, I DO NOT miss vomit days! lol

Hope everyone feels better soon. Stop by and visit me sometime. :o)

Blessings...

Hailey said...

You wore two different socks. I've worn two different shoes... not on purpose... and in public. Fun times!

Hall Family in MD said...

I so did the sock thing on Thanksgiving! LOL And my now potty trained 4 yr old son used to shake turds out of his training pants so I wouldn't know he had pooped in his pants. LOL Good times! Thanks for visiting my blog =)

Keyona said...

Gross! ;O)