I am still here, still doing some running. I cut back on my mileage a bit because, frankly, I am not training for anything in particular right now, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to cross train a bit more. I am not a huge fan of cross training, but I'll do it.
I am also resting my knee a bit. Some dork was walking down the driveway holding a 38 lb. 2 year old, the mail and her work bag, singing Jingle Bells... and tripped.
This caused a bit of strain on the side of my knee, leaving me with a swollen knee. The said dork may have further bothered it by doing some leg lifts and squats. It is mostly painful after I haven't been moving, like when I first wake up in the morning.
Last week I think I ran a total of 22 miles, which was great for a
taper week, and we were all sick all week anyway.
Corey is starting to feel sick, so we'll see how this week goes!
In other news...
• Only 2 weeks till we leave for Florida! Thanks to my
• I have a great post on Asher I am working on, I just have to find some pics to add to it. Corey and I have been working on new layouts and ideas for his photoblog lately, so maybe when we finish that. He is picky and chooses a new layout, has me apply it, changes his mind, and we do it again, and again, and again...
• Need a good laugh? Last night Corey and I spent 1/2 hour on failblog.org laughing hysterically. Nothing like other peeps humor to give you entertainment.
• If your interested, check out MckMama's blog. She is giving raffling off a Canon Digital Rebel gift package. Pretty insane giveaway- right before Christmas! The money from the raffle goes to support a few awesome causes, right before Christmas. Win-Win!
Okay, I worked a 13 hour day today (I hosted/organized a school event tonight) so I am way tired. I have a workshop tomorrow, so it's off to bed for me!
3 comments:
I am not anal, I am very thoural (how do you spell that anyway?) like a proper project manager should be! Too bad I'm in IT and not travel planning that'd be way more fun.
And I'm almost up to 13 hours too. Got in at 7, worked straight till 4:15, came home and worked for an hour and a half, and now it's almost 11, have been on the computer since 10 and I still have plenty to do.
blah.
I've been gone and am loving catching up with your blog. Love your new background. BTW have you tried a foam roller for your IT band? Along with Ibuprofin and a little rest it's a great knee therapy...
Huh? I'd tape you to a chair then drag the secret to your energy out of you! :) So sorry about that dork who hurt your knee... I can totally relate since I have a 30+ pounder 2-1/2 year old. Who loves Jingle Bells and thinks his mama tripping is hilarious.
Post a Comment