So, I looked 'er up. Here is the official meaning:
Meaning: Very Easy
The usage first comes in the phrase 'as nice as pie', as found here in Which: Right or Left? in 1855: "For nearly a week afterwards, the domestics observed significantly to each other, that Miss Isabella was as 'nice as pie!'"
-- and --- just for fun, I threw in "worth one's salt" because I love salt. Nope, not kidding. I love the stuff. Ask anyone who knows me or has ever seen me eat anything. Give it to me, and I'll salt the death out of it. (Yes, my blood pressure is low. The doctor says I have a runners blood pressure.) So there all you fellow teachers in the
Meaning
To be effective and efficient; deserving of one's pay.
Origin
Worth one's salt Sodium chloride, a.k.a. salt, is essential for human life and, until the invention of canning and refrigeration, was the primary method of preservation of food. Not surprisingly, it has long been considered valuable.
Other news:
I had some serious chest pain yesterday while doing some cardio. I have been battling hearburn, so I was chalking it up to that, but it was painful. I called the nurse today to double check, because I was told I have a incomplete bundle branch block on my heart in February. I don't really feel like dying before vacation. The super cheerful and kind nurse told me to come in and have it checked out, and I ended up with an EKG and a few chest x-rays.
Result: I'm not going to die!!
My EKG was perfect, with no signs of the branch block! They had told me it could reverse itself, but they were not sure if it would or not. I was really excited to hear that it had reversed itself and my EKG was fantastic! It has always been on the back of my mind since I was told, and it is a relief to not worry about it.
Dr. believes that I strained it somehow and have a bruised muscle. The only thing I can think that I did was turn really sharp to look at something Elijah had made. I remember saying "ahh, that hurt!" but it was on my right side, not my left. She said it could have pulled it over on the left side, or something else small I did.
So this week I've had: A knee with fluid from tripping, and a strained chest muscle from stupidity. Someone- please tape me to a chair. Better yet- a bed, I'll fall of the chair.
Here's a photo of Asher running- just for fun.
3 comments:
"Someone tape me to a chair"... You crack me up!!!!
Sorry, all out of duck tape!
You must try the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at Starbucks soon...I *heart* salt too.
You must be getting so excited for your trip and running in shorts and a t-shirt again. Enjoy!
I am eagerly awaiting my Yaktrax!
Post a Comment