12.09.2008

My life with BOYS!

The following conversation took place yesterday. Can you tell I live with boys?
Elijah: Mom?
Me: Yes, babe?
Elijah: Do our noses have a stopper in them?
Me: What?
Elijah: Do our noses have a stopper in them?
Me: What do you mean a stopper?
Elijah: You know, a thing that stops our finger from going all the way up to our brain when we pick our noses?
Me: Well, I guess our nasal canal gets smaller as it goes up, so we couldn't reach all the way to our brain.
Elijah: Oh, that was a good plan God came up with. You, know, because we wouldn't want to touch our brains.
Me: No dear, we wouldn't.

3 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I love childhood logic. Blogging is the best way to capture these types of conversations too. Otherwise, as in my case, the conversations happen, but are rarely recorded.

This is a great one! I especially liked how you used a bit of "logic" re the nasal canal. :)

-Francesca

PS: Have I told you yet how much I adore your blog design? Maybe I just said something similar in my head. Maybe I told you.

Did you take the picture in your header? Super fun and oh-so-appropriate.

Mrs. G said...

Ha! That's hilarious! Good thing we do have a stopper up there.

heidi said...

LOL Awesome!

I used to tell Cara that if she stuck her nose up there too far she'd poke her brain and it would make her stupid.

Look - no one said I was winning any awards, ok?