Well, last week a lot of us had a theme of poo and sickness, so hopefully this week will be better for all of us!
•Awesome mother that I am, I {did not} skip a *couple* pages while reading my son's bedtime story. I {did not} think to myself, "He's only 2, he won't know..."
• I put on an event at school last week. One of our activities was BINGO. I {did not} have to talk to a mother who was playing 3 cards for herself and 3 cards for her child. Hmm.. that is teaching some fantastic examples to your child!
• I admit, it is dark when I dress in the morning. I can handle it though. I would never get dressed, go to work and not realize until 10 a.m. that I was wearing black pants. With brown socks, shoes and accessories. Unsure of myself still, I {did not} have to ask a coworker what color my pants were. She does not think I am nuts now.
• In an attempt to start a new Christmas tradition, I decided that while we put up our nativity scene, I would read the story of the birth of Jesus. Our family sat, ready to go, and we started. By the time I had read to Bethlehem, the boys {were not} screaming at each other about who go to put what up. During the manger portion, Asher {did not} try to bite Elijah, and Elijah {did not} scream and hit him. At the end, my little men were {certainly not} both crying and heading to time out. My husband {was not} laughing hysterically.
I'm out... heading off to read some of yours!
30 comments:
great not mes!
I've done that with the mismatched colors-but for me its usually navy tights with black shoes :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your blog, and I will be adding it to my Blogline reading list! And I so {do not} skip pages during bedtime stories all the time :)
The story about your kids and the all-new Christmas tradition made me laugh. That is a great story. Totally something that would happen in my house.
Maybe better luck next year? :)
-Francesca
PS: Adore the design for your site. Are you responsible for this bit of HTML genius that I am seeing?
OMG I was crackin up at your telling of the Christmas story! LOL WoW, that could have been MY house! LOL
Hello from SC! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I love your not me's!!
Girl, YOU would love it!! I'm not a book reader other than of course pregancy and kids books. I'm completly obsessed. I just took my 15 min break and sat in a quiet room at work just so I could read two more chapters... Crazy!! LOL
Have a great day! Come back anytime.
OMG - I thought I was reading MY profile when I read yours!!! Too funny. Skipping pages at bedtime? Guilty!!!
Ahhh, I have SOOO done the mismatched clothing. And my baby is only 6 weeks, but I am sure I will definitely (not) skip pages at bedtimes stories once in a while when he's older!
Nice! That's the spirit of Christmas...killing each other while reading the birth story of baby Jesus! I'm sure we'll be right there with ya in a few more years! Hope you lose the poo theme this week!
Thanx for stopping by. Great Not Me's
I heard brown and black are in right now!
Great list. Luckily my little guy isn't hyperactive, just has the attention deficit part so he won't drive his teacher too crazy. Crazy pharmacy didn't bother to call me to say they were completely out of Adderall either and there isn't a pharmacy within 30 miles that has any in stock. Hmmmmmm wonder what's up with that. I have a feeling there are going to be some teachers ready to pull their hair out very soon. I definitely have much respect for you teachers, I helped out in his classroom last year and mind you it is a very small school so never more than 18-20 per classroom and most have assistants, but all I can say is you must have the patience of a saint to have so many the same age for an entire day.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love yours.
I did not wear navy pants with black accessories about 2 weeks ago. I was not fortunate enough to notice in the car, but running too late to turn around and go home. I did not wear a jacket all day and hope no one would notice my black shoes!
Teacher today is Monday 12/8th. not 12/7 Hopping your on time for your flight next week..
Were you also early/late for a run this summer??
Thank you for commenting on my blog! So I naturally had to check yours out and I love it!! I love how you do the {not me}. Mind if I steal it?? I'm a teacher too and have two young boys. When I was pregnant, I wore two totally different shoes to church. They didn't even look alike or even the same heel-height. I think if it was only the wrong color - you are doing better than me!!
Kristin
LOve the Christmas story one. THat sounds just like my children. I laughed out loud.
Thanks for leaving a comment! My kids never go off and burst my bubble of perfectly planned events either.
Oh the good ideas gone bad...if I could make a list of them, I would just be going on and on and on! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I do hope you come back!
Love your not mes. I totally did not wear black shoes and brown pants today.
Found you through MckMama!
~Elyse~
brown and black beat the orange and grey striped tights my daughter insisted on wearing with her plaid uniform skirt of blue, green, white and yellow. And that she did on purpose.
Oh, I can top that! Once I headed to work with one black & one brown pump on (same style, just different colors) and had to turn around and go home to get the right ones!
http://itsnotoverafter30.blogspot.com/2008/12/it-wasnt-me.html
those are great... love the title of you blog... that is how I feel a lot of the time.... and you are so right, cooking is the enemy, it must be stopped.....
Love your "Not Me's", thanks for visiting my blog!
Hmmmm.... I thought the page skipping thing was a normal part of motherhood? ;-) Your "memorable" nativity scene sounds just like my "memorable" trip to go cut down the Christmas tree. Why do kids have to be so disagreeable when we're trying to create fabulous family moments for them?
Heyy!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was reading about Asher, and he sounds very much like my 21 month old princess. She's already in 2T clothes (has been for about 6months now), and weighs 35lbs. She's off the charts as far as height goes, and is always in the 95% or higher for weight. We also get comments on how "big your baby is" and it drives me nuts, also. My husband is 6'6" so she's NOT going to be tiny! But, it drives me crazy when people tell me she's fat and huge. I've started telling them that our pediatrician says she's a very HEALTHY weight for her HEIGHT (not OVERweight for her height). It gets very frustrating. Our little one tends to use "my" for stuff like "now my know my abc's" or "where is finger (pointer) where is finger? here my is". They're so fun.
What grade do you teach? I teach 4th graders, and boy does it get interesting! So... we have some stuff in common... I'm SO domestically disabled it's not even funny. If it were up to me to cook dinner every night, we'd be done for!
I'll stop by again sometime. Have a great week.
Brianne
Aren't boys fun? fighting over the nativity- I love it LOL Happy Monday!
Oh you've got a good thing going on here! You are too funny...the Nativity story session gone awry...I'll keep that in mind for when I give it a go someday :)
Oh and good luck with those LARGE gifts :)
The same thing would happen if I attempted to read the Christmas story! Very funny NMM! Makes me grateful that I wear scrubs to work....less chance to have a wardrobe mishap!
Skipping pages...oh my NEVER:) I tried that last week and sadly my 5 year old squished up her face in confusion and said, "Mommy I think you missed some." Boy do I LOVE when they figure things out!!!!!
You may not have started a new tradition, but you definately got a great new holiday story to tell them as they grow up out of teh activity!!!!
Look forward to more of your NMM.
Tammy
I have NEVER skipped a few pages either! :)
Thanks for stopping by!
I have a fact that I do not share on the internet with the masses, but you should know:
Theatre Baby's real name is Asher!
What a small world! I've met one other person that named their son Asher. What a great name!
Go us!!!
Post a Comment