12.12.2008

Whoo Hoo Friday! And a top 5 list...

I am finally addressing the Christmas cards I just got in the mail today. Hooray for express shipping! (Not to mention procrastination.) So, if you are on my Christmas card list, as soon as I locate your address, it's coming your way.

My boys are fully packed for our trip to Florida, and I am part way done. My sister and I have decided that we are going survival ReTrO and wearing full Victorian Era swimsuits, (or as my sister calls them- Cellulite Exhibition Suits.) It shall prove to save the eyesight of fellow passengers on the cruise. What do you think?
I have my lessons done at work for the next 2 weeks, sub plans written and about a million little post-it notes all around for my sub. I am ready to
fly the coop. Especially with this awesome Minnesota weather.

In which, may I sidetrack and list my:
Favorite Things About Minnesota Winters? (yes, I may. It's my blog.)
1. The cold schools. I can drag my super bulky, adding 15 pound sweaters out in early October and wear them until April. Even with those, a long sleeve shirt and thermal underpants, I am still cold.
2.
Getting into an Ice Cold Vehicle* every day after work. Nothing like sitting on a frozen seat to remind you that your alive.
3.
Layering. It is super fun to put your child in snowpants, boots, mittens, hats, jackets, neckwarmers... and then they go out for 4.2 minutes and are done. Do this 3x daily for maximum fun.
4.
Darkness at 4:30 p.m. It takes me until January to not be tired by 5 p.m.
5.
Icy roads. Love these. Especially when coupled with the following
- slow drivers who think a dusting of snow means you need to go 20 mph
- snowplows. Need I say more fellow Minnesotans?

To be fair, I do enjoy the first snowfall, Holidazzle Parade and looking at Christmas lights. I just wish we could do this at
at least 50 degrees.

I'd best be getting myself back to my addressin'. You know, to actually get my cards out before New Year's this year.
*My husband has the vehicle with auto start. That makes sense, doesn't it? Reading this dear?

2 comments:

Gardner Momma said...

Have fun on your trip! And regarding the bundled up children who quickly come back inside.... I was thinking that it's either that - or 2 minutes later they need to go potty. If it makes you feel any better about your Mineesota weather we are hunkering down for a storm here in Eastern Washington..... we are rural and preparing to lose power and be snowed in for the weekend. We're trying to make an "adventure" out of it.

heidi said...

Oh yeah. Love ALL of those things. Holy SPIT it's been cold here lately. My parents were here this weekend and my dad had to show off with his automatic starter to prewarm the vehicle. Psh. Rude.

I told the kids it's booger freezin weather. Yk, you walk outside and your boogers instantly freeze in your nose. Brr.