1.03.2009

T A R G E T

May I wax on poetically about Target?
I love that place. I do.
Ask anyone who knows me.
Or anyone who works at Target more than 56 minutes a week.
I'd have to say that is one place I missed on vacation. I didn't even see a Target for 10 days.
So, naturally, I have been there about 12 times this week. (twice yesterday.)
Why am I posting about Target this evening?
Because I also went to walmart.
The differences are incredible. One is neat and clean with friendly employees, the other is dirty, crowded and employees are less than friendly. Can you guess which one is which?
In Orlando, we went to a Walmart SuperCenter to pick up a few snacks to keep in the hotel rooms for the boys. We arrived at 10 p.m. on a Sunday night. Now, normally, this would be a decently quiet time right?
No.
It was so packed there were no carts left. Every register was full with a line of about 15-20 customers. There was junk everywhere that people had left lying.
Basically, it was this (Thanks for this Kate, it was hilarious!!)
I asked on lady who I saw looking at toys if it was always this insane there. Her reply? "Oh, I always come to this walmart because it is quieter than the one in my town. I can actually find things I need here."
Shoot me now.
So, in closing, thank you Target for being neat and clean and having a cute pair of tights to sell me along with diapers for my son who should be potty trained but will not.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, we had our family Christmas celebration with my side tonight. I plan to post some pics soon, as Corey had his Canon out and took some fun shots. (No, I am still allowed to touch it. Or even view the pics on it, breathe on it, or get within 10 feet of it. All because of That One Little Incident.) The boys got a Wii, and we are looking forward to playing that tomorrow. Wii will have fun, I am sure. (I swear, the later it gets, the worse my posts are. My apologies, but I am giggling.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 comments:

amanda said...

wii always have fun with our new wii. enjoy it!! and i prefer target to walmart as well. and i only live in 'small town' wisconsin!!

Jazzy said...

Targeto is the place to be!! I was there tonight:) Killer deals on fake christmas trees!!!!! And baby girl clothes!!!! Anyways, I have found myself frequenting Target lately, and it has been very enjoyable:)

Shell in AZ said...

My husband, oops I mean my daughters got a Wii this Christmas too...so much fun for the whole family! The Guitar Hero game is a blast, especially watching my 9 year old daughter rock out to "Beat It"!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I, of course, love reading pro-Target blogs since I work for Target. :) In the past 10 years, I have had to walk into a Wal-Mart 2-3 times, and each time I leave, I want to puke and take a shower to detoxify. :)

BTW, Target is re-setting several departments so tons of stuff is on clearance. Especially baby.

I am soooo printing out that Wal-Mart Bingo sheet to pin in my cube at work tomorrow. :)

Guacaholic said...

Agreed. My dislike for the Dubya Emm is huge. The one by you attracts every weirdo in E Central MN, I swear.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Found your blog through Vaughn Faily Chaos, and I LOVE TARGET TOO!!!! Just thought I would share! Good luck on the running..my hubby is running his first full marathon this May, he has run 3 half marathons in the past! I on the other harnd hate running!

Anonymous said...

I begged my husband to let me go out last night amoungst house projects...he said...the next thing you know, you'll be too tired after going to target. Then I came home and had a headache from going to target! I think it's the bright lights that make it so inviting. or maybe it's that my favorite color is red and it just plain makes me happy?! following your blog now, from mcmammaa. hi, it's amy from seattle.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Those two stores are like oppositional forces in the world. One is good and one is evil.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, you hit the nail on the head! I LOVE Target, and we are definitely Walmart boycotters. I feel sickness coming on any time I have to enter that dirty store. Ewwww!
Also, glad I happened on your blog. Funny stuff! Oh, and love the header.