2.10.2009

Coldz

This head cold thing I have? Rocks. Naturally, I cannot taste anything, so how can I possibly be expected to cook? (It has not stopped me from eating though. I am way tougher than that. I don't need to taste my food.) 
I'm exhausted by 10 a.m, and am relying on caffeine to get me through the day. I have a super busy week at work, and can't miss, so I'll push on through with the help of sugar. 
Apparently, being sick also causes me to question things I might not normally question either. For example, if you suck the snot back up in your nose (this is hypothetical, by the way) and you feel it run down the back of your throat, do you think you can see it running down the back of your throat? Just curious. 
Now that you are all wondering, (either if I truly am insane, or it you can see it...) let's say someone tested. Just for you. Turns out you can't, or at least this person can't. The tongue keeps going up and covering the back of the throat and blocking the view. And this person tried several different ways, for experimentations sake, of course. Now, this someone doesn't recommend you try this at home, as swallowing copious amounts of mucus leaves you with a slight stomach ache. Hypothetically.   

Naturally, as I am sick, my husband has meetings every night, and the boys are in full moon mode. I asked my hubby to change his hours to 3 a.m-12 p.m. so he would be home to aid me in their "winding down after a full day time, in which they fight, yell, throw tantrums and generally act like animals" period. Judging by the look he gave me? Not going to happen. You see, he doesn't understand, as they are over it by the time he gets home, and ready to be daddy's little men. 

Right now? I am going to take them outside, in the rain, and let them run in the puddles. That'll burn some energy and create some laundry.  I'd post a cute pic of them in their rain gear, but blogger hates me, and won't let me upload. 

9 comments:

"Cookie" said...

So did someone see the snot sliding down your throat?? :) (Pretend of course!) The rest of the week is smooooothing sailing.

Well, the hubby is working tonight and then ALL night Thursday so it's smooth sailing for Lil Man and me.

Any ladies' night out on the calendar for any time soon? especially after having poop duty for so long.

seriously? said...

I am quite certain that the mysterious person would NOT be able to see the giant snot glop going down the back of the throat. I do not question your sanity but, I am wondering exactly how much cold medication you are taking. The fact that this experiment may or may not have taken place makes me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

I love that you have coined the term "full moon mode" because I (and several of my girlfriends) absolutely believe in it. :)

As for the rest of your blog, you totally lost me at the end of paragraph 1. EWWW! :)

Hope you feel better soon though!!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I hear ya girl! Full Moon CRAZINESS... and I think it even had an effect on you with your little experiment!!!

Kameron said...

That is a truly disgusting experiment! You have to depress the back of your tongue to see that well into your throat. Not that I've tried it either...

Sarah said...

You crack em up!
Hope you get to feeling better.

Jenn said...

Actually, if you can't see the snot running down your throat, that means your cold will end early. If you had seen it, that would mean six more weeks of mucus. Kind of like Groundhog Day.

Feel better soon!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon. And I'm glad you tested the whole 'snot running down your throat' thing. Not that I had been wondering or anything!

I think you have a lovely blog. I like what you've done with your header, too. :)

Debbie said...

I have had this lingering cough for two weeks and it is not a pretty thing anymore. I feel for you:)