***Update*** A few of you asked how long it took me, so here is the breakdown.
Mile 1- 9:30 pace
Miles 2-10- 8:45-8:50 pace (This was the hardest part, obviously!!)
Mile 11- 9:13
Mile 12-9:30
Mile 13- I dropped .1 mph every minute, ending at 5.3 mph for the last 1/10 mile. My total time with warm up and cool down was 2 hours. Started at 7:30, while hubs gave the boys a bath and read stories!
However, I do love what my body does for me. I am not the nicest to it. I work out a lot. And when I work out, I push myself hard. I am one of those people who doesn’t feel like you got a good workout unless you’re near vomiting after. My body? Takes the abuse I give it, and keeps me going. I truly appreciate that about my body.
The thought came to me last night, after I had pushed myself through a tough run.
I was planning on running 10 miles. At about 8 miles, I was tired and ready to quit, but I made myself push on. I decided to try and go 11 miles, even though I was tired. Then 12. I pushed myself to 13.1 miles. (Yes, I ran a half marathon on my treadmill, dork that I am.) I felt so good after, and so proud that my body can handle what I put on it.
Today? Not even sore or tired. That is pretty amazing to me, considering I don’t always have the best diet, and love dt. mountain dew. So, while tomorrow I might hate my body, hate the size I am , think my belly is fat, whatever, today? I am going to stop and appreciate it.
13 comments:
Thanks for the inspiration...both in loving how I look and for pushing on while running. I don't get anywhere near the mileage you do, but I'm working my way up and have "pushed" myself all week to keep going - although I call it tricking myself by only saying I have to run 2 miles this morning and then stretching that into 3 1/2before I finally quit. I love that someone else does that too :)
WOW! 13 freakin miles?? blows my mind!
so since your "domestically disable".... what's for dinner tonight? I need some inspiration. :)
Wow.
I'm in awe.
What was your time?
Wow! That is amazing that you were able to run that far!
I also pushed myself yesterday. I pushed my self not one, not two, but 12 steps! Yes! And back down again. Up and down maybe 100 times yesterday throughout the day. Suprising I haven't lost any weight since I moved to this two story house. I actually have gained. :(
You are my new hero...seriously, 13 miles!! How long did it take you?
Love your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine. I'm off to run not-even-close to 13 miles now!!
I so want to get back into the habit of running! You are going to be my inspiration. This time last year, I was running those kind of miles. Now, I'm just running crazy in circles trying to get through the day!
Now I feel like a looser for running the 4 miles I did today... :o(
Good for you! I don't run. I've always wanted to run beause it looks..I dunno..peaceful? But I just can't I hate it so damned much.
That totally rocks! You go girl. We need to get some running support blog going for us runners that follow one another! We could heckle and encourage one another.
You ROCK!!
I'm amazed that you can run that far on a TREADMILL. Ick. I detest the treadmill. The only way I will run that long is when I have a pack of girlfriends around me. And coffee waiting at the end. Good job!
I trained for a half once. And I blew at it.
You are an inspiration! :) I still blow at running.
Wow, good for you. And on a dreadmill, no less... :)
Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do? I need to remember more often, when I'm having a fat day. Having babies and running half marathons--pretty damn cool what we are capacle of!
Ok let me see the last time I ran 13 miles...highschool. So you deserve an award for that!
On another note...its completely possible for one thigh to be bigger than the other. My right bicep, tricep, shoulder, and neck muscles and bigger than my left by a lot since I use them to carry trays as a server. And used to use them to life up cheerleaders. So you may have different sized thighs. Not abnormal. ;D
Post a Comment