Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
First of all? My husband {is not} downstairs ironing my pants as I type. I {do not} think he deserves this after last week. And, no, I {will not} admit, he does a much better job than me.
• My sick son? He had bowel issues last week. He acted perfectly fine, playing like normal, everything great, but wow! When he exploded... So, on my birthday, we went out to Applebee's with my parents. Excited to see grandpa, Asher {did not} stand up on his chair and announce at the top of his little 2 year old lungs. "Gwampa, I have diaaarrrrhea!" Cue awkward silence across restaurant, followed by glares from those enjoying their meal.
• Being a slight practical joker, I {did not} sneak into our technology coordinator's office and unplug his mouse. I {did not} then hang around sneakily to see how long it would take him to figure it out. (fairly quickly actually. this works much better on non techies.)
Lastly? I {did not}, after spending my entire birthday changing smelly diapers, (including a bed blowout of epic proportions at 3 a.m.) check to see if my son's little snuggly blanket was clean. I held the dear little thing up to my nose, and then notice, it had a huge patch of diarrhea on it. Sick, sick, sick.
Have a great week! I need to head to work on icy roads. Ick!
38 comments:
i'm sorry you had to spend your b'day that way... YUCK! that is hillarious what he said at applebees....check please!
Too funny! I hope your son is feeling better this week.
Lydia
Not a fun way to spend your birthday, cleaning up sick poo, but I wish you a happy belated birthday anyway.
Ewww Ewww Ewww...about that blankie.....
Yuck! Not a fun way to spend any day! I had to clean up to puking eposodes last week if that makes ya feel any better!!
I bet you guys are a blast in a restaurant!
Anything out of either side is not fun cleaning up...10 times worse in the middle of the night! Hope it ends soon and he feels better. Happy belated birthday!
Oooo! I would have died in Applebees. Too funny!
What a poopy week!!!!! That Appleby's "Not Me" was, let's say, epic. I can't even imagine.
Great blog -- I'm bookmarking it!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry so I might do both! It is good you can have a sense of humor about the stomach bug! I hope your little guy feels better soon!
Thanks for the comment on my blog! Your NOT ME had me cracking up!!!
Yikes! This was a great Not Me! I could totally see my 3 year old doing that too! Ha ha! And the nose... boy oh boy... Thanks for stopping by and showing me some bloggy love! :)
Yuck. Diaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrheeeaaaaaaaaa!! Certainly no fun. Ironically, we're battling that at our house, too. thought not as ickily as you guys are. So sorry!! Hope everyone gets better ASAP.
Blssings,
jess
Oh dear, up to your eyeballs in poo! Yikes. It is so funny how our young ones have no problem announcing their potty issues to whoever will listen!
I would have loved to see the faces of everyone within ear shot at Applebee's. Talk about a appetite suppressant!!!
Grandpa and the restaurant comment made me laugh out loud. HILARIOUS NMM :)
~Elyse~
Happy Late Birthday!
That's so nice of your husband to iron your clothes. My husband is pretty talented in the laundry area, too. :)
Gotta love kids!!!!
My husband is NOT a way better ironer than me. I have NOT been known to wake him up in the mornings and ask him to iron shirts for me.
that is too funny - i love when kids say the most random, funny things at the worst possible time.
love the practical joke too! sounds like something i would do!
Hilarious! If I was in Applebee's I would have laughed to help break the awkward silence!
That is awful and hilarious at the same time!! I love the practical joke thing too! Hope you are having a great Monday! God Bless!
Oh I gotta do the mouse thing to someone that would be fun to watch lol..
Oh good lord! I would have melted in my seat if I had a child that said that! And BTW, those cookies in your previous post look to die for! My hubby made me a FunFetti Birthday Cake so im definately going to try those!
I can imagine the scene at Applebees way to easily. I also have no trouble imagining how you felt. Oh boy! I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
My latest post: Not Me! Monday
Oh no...diarrhea..yuck! Happy belated birthday!!
My hubby has to do all the ironing, I'm terrible at it. He's a teacher & loves doing pranks. He's done some pretty impressive ones. Do you ever watch "the Office?" The episode where they put the coffee mug in jello...he's done that...to the principal. :)
Hope your son is feeling better! And I TOTALLY agree that your hubby should be ironing your clothes after your lesson from him last week... payback is tough!
Funny! When I think about the amount of poop I've touched, smelled, cleaned up, etc. since becoming a mother.... well - you know.
Ohhh...sounds like you had a poopy week! LOL Sorry I couldn't help it!
Happy Not Me Monday!
Wait a minute... wives traditionally iron?!
WOOHOOOOOO! I have something to celebrate about my hubby today... HE irons! I told him years ago "wrinkles are in, look at old folks... they look so classic!" Baaaad, I know.
:o)
Just checking-in to see how your running is coming along. My year is off to a slow start!
My, what an awfully smelly week you have NOT had. I would surely feel sorry for you had it really happened.
That's really rotten. But at least hubby is ironing YOUR pants this week. Way to go!
Have a great week,
Pam
Oh what an awful time you've had! It's only up from here, right?
Ohhhhhh, that doesn't sound like a good week...hope your son is feeling better! GREAT Not Me! moments! ;)
Thanks for stopping by my blog - you would really enjoy the WiiFit...I add weights to the aerobics, and you do really get a good workout. It's working for me, that's for sure - and it's FUN! ;)
Great "Not Me's"! The hubby does the ironing in my house too. After a similar comment I refuse to do it anymore. Just caught up on your week and it sounds like you were pretty busy with the poops...Happy Belated birthday!
Your birthday was filled with far too much poop. The only recourse is to have your husband take you out this weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day in a major way. I am thinking, at the very least, flowers, dinner, and a movie.
Oh, and he should also iron your clothes before you leave the house. :)
-Francesca
Goodness! I sure am glad that you didn't do any of that stuff. Otherwise I would have to laugh my butt off!
:)
And SURE I'll do your cabinets! It's therapeutic or something.
Blech. Too much poo in one post. ;-)
You can totally guest host a Friday. Email me and we'll set it up!
Post a Comment