3.04.2009

I'm back! And less depressed, and not a mess..I'll quit the whole rhyming thing now..

I have been an avid exerciser (is that a word? Well it is now) for the last 10 years. From my first Denise Austin* tape and my first run down the road, (where a man stopped to ask if I was in trouble and running from someone.)
Exercise has played a huge role in my stress relief. When my brother was hospitalized after a car accident? Look for me at the gym.
Hard exam in college? Hitting the weights.
The day after my brother died? Spend 3 hours at the gym.
It clears my mind, and allows me to focus on the physical, rather than the mental. So last night, I ran 10.5 miles. It helped some.
I’m so thankful that I am able to do these things and keep my body healthy. After having my brother paralyzed, I truly appreciate each step I am able to run.

I also decided last night to get into this whole “domestic crap” mode and make us some dinner. Menu? Spaghetti with sauce, out of a can naturally.
My hubby offered to take us all out to eat, but I decided to suffer for the good of the family, and just made him clean up the kids instead.

My next endeavor? Take part in Heidi over at Sacred and Profane’s cook off. Her goal this week? Find a good chicken recipe. I’ve never done this, but figure I best get on some cooking..so here I go:

1) Take the chicken breasts out of your cart
2) Put them back on the shelf
3) Head to Applebee’s

Much easier, and they clean up the mess. Your welcome.

Ever done a tape by her? She never shuts up. She even makes me look quiet

23 comments:

WILLOW TREE said...

(from your last update) Cut, SCHMUT, lol. God will have something really wonderful in store for you; He never closes a door without opening another!

On another note - WHOAmygoodness you are athletic. The extent of my athletic ability began and ended in Show Choir. I'm what you'd call an "indoor girl." :o)

Blessings, Carolynn

PS, Best chicken recipe Ev-AH.

King J's Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
King J's Queen said...

Ooooh...I have some other recipes to add. How about:

Chicken Pot Pie @ Ruby Tuesday.
Chicken Teriyaki sandwich at Red Robin.
Coconut Chicken @ Red Lobster

And...

If you really get desparate for a home-cooked meal, whip up a few entrees at Dream Dinners. They'll even assemble them for you. All the glory, very little work.

Of course, it sounds like you probably run to and from the restaurant, which allows you to eat all those yummy dishes. I, on the other hand, waddle to and from. Therefore, I must behave.

Spaghetti was a big hit at my house last night, too. Yup, out of a jar, but I did punch it up a bit.

Life is good....

amanda said...

that is a good recipie. for something different you could try adding hu hot to the menu. at least you put it in your own bowl and watch someone cook it for you. :0)

forever folding laundry said...

Wow, that chicken recipe? I'm familiar with that one!

And good for you for 10.5 miles! I'm seriously amazed.

What do you do when you're on the treadmill, by the way...read? iPod? TV? That's a big problem of mine: getting BORED on the elliptical. And then I want to quit. 45 minutes is pretty much my MAX!

~Keri

McKsMom said...

I love the chicken recipe. I would alter it to my taste by heading to Zaxby's, Guthries, or Sawyers, whichever I can get to the fastest.

If only I could get in the exercise zone. I am going to try to do something since I am so out of shape. Here I come Leslie Sansome walking videos.

Anonymous said...

I love the chicken recipe! I laughed too hard. Thanks for commenting on my blog:)

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I love that someone asked if you were running away.

I wish I was a runner like that - I am trying to run more but I get winded and tired too quick so I've never made it past one mile... ha! Maybe one day I'll work up to two full miles.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i love it...and i'm sure applebee's won't let you down.

Brittney Galloway said...

Hi! I just found your blog and it had me laughing! I, too, just lost my elementary school teaching job due to budget cuts, but mine was immediate- my class got dispersed into other classes! I hope that you find another position!

The Stiletto Mom said...

10.5 miles? I'd kill to be able to do that! Good for you, great stress buster...and I love you recipe! Head to Applebee's...best recipe ever!

Thank you so much for coming by my blog...yours is so adorable! Off to read up!

The Stiletto Mom said...

Which yes, I meant "your recipe" not "you recipe" Dangit.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your blog and it has me laughing! Partly because I am SUCH a spaz myself with very little attention span (which actually helps me as a direct a preschool, I understand their short attention spans!)! I am surrounded by friends that cook REAL meals and (with fancy ingredients) If it has more than 4 ingredients, I lose interest. I look forward to checking into your blog often! :-) I think you may have motivated me to start mine again!

Barbaloot said...

Ah-10.5 miles?! I'm supposed to do 11 this Saturday and I'm NOT looking forward to it.

heidi said...

HA! Nicely done. LOL Ya gotta work what you've got, I always say.

Actually, that's the first time I've ever said that but I might start saying it more.

Sarah J. said...

I have recently started exercising very regularly, and it has the anti-depressant affect on me as well. I will have to go check Heidi out, thanks for the tip!

Debbie said...

Actually I have worked out to Denise. I find that my attempts to kill her through the TV screen get my blood rate up to my target range very quickly. She's great like that.

The Stiffs said...

I'm so glad to hear you're okay. This too shall pass. I don't know how you feel about tags, especially since you don't know me, but I tagged you. Would love to hear what you blog.

Ace said...

Thanks for coming back to my blog and commenting again!

Now, you are my kind of woman. I'm a stay at home mom that has somehow managed to have an excuse for not cleaning every single day for the past 8 years.

And I hate to cook.

ShannonRoxanne said...

I totally use to do Denise Austin tapes! LOL......before I had kids though.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I have a little something for you over on my blog - go check it out!

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely putting back the chicken and going out to eat!

Jenni said...

That's the best chicken recipe EVER!

Can I substite Fridays's for Applebees?