3.01.2009

Not Me Monday...


Might as well have another go at getting some stuff off my chest...not that I have anything. Actually, I'm going to say, I thing I've been pretty good this week. No hitting cart corrals, dropping pork chops on the floor or anything! Here's some other stuff I did not do...

Last week when we went grocery shopping, I didn't notice our ham looked bad, like it had been on a random shelf in the mayonnaise aisle for a few hours or something, then put back. Upon coming home, I did notice though. So, finally, after 4 days, I took it back and exchanged it at the store. Then? I did not proceed to leave it sit in the entryway overnight. Then put it back in the fridge. (I did throw it..I'm not that mean.)

Now, I am loving my new Wii Fit, however, the little bugger keeps asking me if I trip over my feet, because apparently my balance is not that great. (Umm, does this thing realize I paid for it? I want to hear positives, not ask if I run into walls!) It will not give me a Wii Fit age under 39. This is not driving me crazy. 
Naturally, my husband? His age is right on. So today? After the lovely thing told me I am 40? I had my husband take his body test again. Don't even accuse me, because I did not give him a little push, hoping to skew his score. Have mercy, and DO NOT ask if it worked. 

Finally, Asher and I went furniture shopping with my mom on Saturday. They have a play area, where you can drop your child off to play while you shop. Asher saw the area, and wanted to go play, so after thinking a bit, I decided to let him. I did not feel so guilty that I left my child with a stranger, that I went back to get him after 15 minutes. He did not refuse to come because he was having so much fun. Stinker. 

38 comments:

WILLOW TREE said...

Thanks for coming by! Love your blog; you had me at "I Love Not Camping." Aaaaand, you made me feel just fine about being the only one I know without a wii fit. That, is why I love the Gap. Because their clothes say I'm skinny. Even if the number on the tag is a liar liar pants on fire. Score one for their marketing team, eh?

Blessings, Carolynn

Jenny said...

Thanks for a good laugh! I love your blog. :)

Carebear said...

LOL on the grocery fiasco. I am terrible about leaving things out - and it makes me so mad because it's such a waste of money! I forgot a jug of milk in the trunk last week because it slid behind the stroller on the drive home. It was pretty nasty once I found it and threw it out. Ewww....

Anonymous said...

Great Not Me's! Hehe. Loved the wii one.

Christie said...

I would not sabotage anyone on the Wii Fit either!! ;) Love your new blog page too, I hope you haven't had it long b/c that means I am terrible for not stopping by lately~ Gonna do better now!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about your ham and then you threw it. LOL :)

Brooke said...

Happy Not Me! Monday. It's nice to shop without a child under foot, but I did the same thing and went back and kept checking on my kid every 5 minutes!

fmattso said...

I have a Wii fit too! He is very mean! I don't like that he tells me every single day that I am Just overweight! Hello I know that that's why I'm here! Don't need to to tell me Every day! But it's fun and if I do good on the test once I was 27. But once I was 54. That hurts! I'm really 42! Have a great day!

Orah said...

Those Wii Fits are great for our health but bad for our state of mind. I think one can be institutionalized from sparring with that thing.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love the story about the ham. Sounds like something I would do!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Those wii games sound frustrating. I wouldn't blame you for pushing your hubby.

Tami said...

Hey, my Wii Fit keeps asking me that too! Really I don't normally walk into walls. Chairs, maybe. Some of those balance tests are really hard though!

The Dental Maven said...

I'm getting the "Wii Ain't Fit" That version lies to you about your age in addition to other flattering remarks.

Megan said...

LOL The Wii Fit gave me an age of about 40, also. stinkin thing! :0P

seriously? said...

Damn Wii Fit and it's stupid age!!! Clearly, you are 25 and not a day over...maybe you should take it back and get another one???

Lindsay said...

That is too funny! We seem to have a lot in common on the NOT ME days ;-) I love the Wii but it doesn’t love me. I did the fitness test with my Hubby and his age was a few years older and mine read 23 (3 years younger than I am) and I turned to rub it in my husbands face and 39 came slamming on top instead. The Wii totally MOCKED me about being 23! (Not right for a game to taunt people like that!) lol

Debbie said...

I found some feta in the back of the car the other day that was a week old. Not a pretty site!
Hey, new look around here? I like it.

Anonymous said...

Fabulously funny stuff!
Happy Monday!

heidi said...

Love the new blog design! Very nice!

If we had a store with daycare, I'd be all over it.

Aileigh said...

My Wii Fit is going to be pissed at me! I have avoided the little s*$% for 2 weeks! Ugh! I love how it asks about tripping! I finally got it to within 3 years of my actual age! I was doing a happy dance and my Mii was all slumped over! :) Stupid thing! :)

Kameron said...

I am loving the new layout!! I am always taking things out of the fridge like juice and milk to reach something behind it, set it on top of the fridge and forget to put it back. Oh well, we haven't died yet!!

Susan said...

What's wrong with giving the hub a little love shove off of Wii Fit??
(wide, innocent eyes...)

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I saw the name of your blog and had to visit. Our family jsut got a wii a couple of months ago and love it. I check my age everyday. I would love to move to the wii fit b/c I heard it's awesome!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

When I first started on the Wii Fit it game me an age of over 40 (no, I'm not telling you what exactly) and it kept asking me if I trip over my feet too. I named that guy (the board that talks to you) so it would be easier to yell at him when he asked me that :)

"Cookie" said...

Love the NOT ME!.

The new design/layout is great!!

OH.... the cookies were GROSS!! I bought pre-made dough from the store yesterday. The Hubby said he'll be glad to make those anytime. Ha Ha

Jenn said...

I love the new design! Looks great.

Ace said...

One of the reasons I gave up on my wii fit! Try the My Fitness Coach for wii. So much better!

Cass said...

Your blog is great! I agree with you on the wii - I am a clutz and it knows it. My 6 year ould beats me at the game too!

E @ Scottsville said...

What a great idea! A babysitter in a store. So cool!

I'd have dropped mine off, too. Cuz ya know what? Any kidnapper would bring them back to me within 30 minutes offering to pay ME to take them back!

J/k, I love my kids.

Great Not Me's!

Staci said...

Seriously, I think my Wii Fit is picking on me! I'd like to me the smart a...leck who designed this thing...I bet he/she was a bully in school! Great Not Me's! I did not completely forget about the bags of groceries sitting on my counter while I was reading blogs...UGH!

Counselormama said...

I so love your blog title! Great not me's!

Stellan Bracelets said...

LOL @ Erica about the kidnappers bringing the kids back with bribe in hand... I can think of one of my kids who would inspire that kind of reaction... wait, oh no, not me, LOL!

I'm glad the world's cart corrals stayed safe this week, but I'm more shocked that your husband survived the "could have biked 22 miles" comment.... I hope he realizes how amazing it is that he's still breathing to tell about it!

The Other K Wick said...

LOL. Great Not ME's. The Wii fit story cracked me up. The just caved at let the hubs get GH Rock Band for his PS2. I am NOT a drumming fool. Oh and the ham....you live in MN surely it was cold enough for the ham to be out.

I enjoyed reading your blog.

amanda said...

love the new look...just like everyone else does!! :0) love the wii fit story. hilarious. mine tells me i'm way older as well. i think it's lying.

Crystal said...

I see you got your 3 column design! I don't even want to know how old the wii fit would say I was.. lol.

Julie said...

Ah yes the Wii fit. I think it's just meant to bring out our competitive nature! It's not just about getting a younger age, it's being younger than anyone else in your household!

LucieP said...

I have had the same problem with the Wii fitness age!
The lowest I've ever gotten is 27...it's not fair that they change it up sometimes!!!
My back handed tennis is not so good!

Courtney said...

hilarious about the ham!