3.15.2009

Not Me Monday...

Umm, is it just me or does the Not Me html button for MckMama seemed to disappeared off her blog? 
I'll move along, and maybe it will magically reappear. 
If you are a blogger, I will assume you are familiar with Facebook. Now, I enjoy facebook. What's not to like about connecting with old friends and checking out pics and stuff? Recently, I connected with an old friend who moved away in 7th grade. We chatted back and forth quite a bit and had a great time sharing memories. So, when I was at the store the other night? And passed a lady who looked just like her, and was in fact her? I did not avoid her because I had on grungy clothes and no makeup. That's just not how a lady wants to present herself after 15 years.
I have not also deleted the link to my blog off my facebook account, because I don't want my mother or coworkers here. My mother? Don't even ask. It is better this way. 
My coworkers? Well, some things a lady has to keep sacred. After all, how could I complain about this if my coworkers read this below? ~~
The bathroom at school? The one that is supposed to be cleaned every night? Well, then that is certainly not fecal matter splashed up on the side of the bowl. An no, it has not been there for 6 days and counting. (Not that I am. I am.) 

Elijah did not come up to us with a blue face, tongue, shirt and hands the other day. Corey and I could not figure out what he had done. Well, he certainly did not  lick his Crayola color magic tablet to see if it worked with saliva. (Little science experiment there, yes, it works.) Naturally, we were not just getting ready to head the store. Thank you Crayola for non-toxic, washable licking tablets. 
Lastly, but not leastly, I did not break my old running record tonight. 14 miles in 1:59:24! I did not almost vomit after. 
I'll be around to check yours shortly!

36 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, non-toxic art supplies are a dream come true!

Crystal said...

LOL I noticed last week that it had disappeared so I just saved the one in her actual post last week and uploaded that into my post. And EWWW about the toilet. Good for you on the running because you know you are running for me too because I am far too lazy haha. Most people would avoid the person no matter what they looked like for no reason.. just because it was fun talking about the past but it is the past for a reason most the time... weird facebook is just weird. Most the people I talk to on there are current friends lol.

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great post full of laughs. I so agree with you on keeping your blog secret from your family and co-workers. I have tried to keep mine a secret but I think that the co-worker, well I guess the bosses know I am a blogger and have found it. So no trashing work on my end. I love the toliet comment. I always hated that about the school bathrooms and boy did my husband hear about it a lot. Have a great Sunday!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Fecal matter? GROSS! I can't believe Elijah licked the tablet! How long did it take for the color to fade from his tongue? I did not just spend 5 minutes looking for the Not Me button. Haven't found it yet!

Anonymous said...

I'm not doing Not Me this week, I've got Beauty Bargains today. But he licked the tablet?? Oh please say you were a good mom and took pictures of that! That is priceless!

Kaci said...

Oh yay!!! Another runner admist all the bloggys!! WOO to the HOO! :) I will keep that science experiment in mind...kids!!

The Stiffs said...

Good for you (not) breaking the record. Non toxic art supplies are sacred in this house too.

Jenn said...

Mental note: remember those suckers are lickable. That's something my lil' Wiggle Man would definitely try.

I was going to leave a fabulously clever comment about the nasty toilet, but now my son is throwing Cheerios everywhere. Must go.

Cammie said...

heeheeee. Happy Monday!!

Jenn said...

They were the chocolate pop tarts--my fave. And they were worth every calorie! :)

Thankfully I caught the Cheerio festival before it got out of hand, and I made the Wiggler "help" me clean it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm in awe of your running abilities. :)

Ace said...

I completely understand about the mom/blog thing. My oldest reads my blog and I told her not to read it this week at Grandma's house. My excuse was that if I'm going to be blog famous, I don't want help from family! But honestly, I don't want my mom reading it!

Anonymous said...

LOL..Have A Fabulous Day!!

erin said...

that's funny that you avoided your friend. i have never done that!

and the blue tongue... what an ingenious little boy!

(love your blog!)

erin said...

oh yeah, and i forgot about the toilet... NASTY!

Kameron said...

I don't mess with the button anymore. I saved the picture and just post it every week!

I don't blame you not wanting people to read your blog. I don't post my link on facebook for the same reason. I sometimes bitch about people I work with and they don't need to know my personal info!! Have a great week. And dang girl, I can't believe you can run that fast!

Unknown said...

With a blog name like yours, what is not to love?! :) But that little mention of fecal matter ... urgh... grosseee... :P

seriously? said...

I come from the mindset that facebook is the best thing ever and it isn't about how many friends you have but, the friends you have that you can talk about freely.

I love that you didn't freak out with the blue all over his little face...just take it in stride and wonder what the heck he got into. :)

OK really??? 14 miles??? Just when I was thinking we could be friends IRL, you have to go and run 14 miles. Actually, I am quite amazed by this feat...vomit or not. Good job!!! !

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

14 miles! You rock. I totally understand the facebook thing. I don't want my mom on my blog either.

Anonymous said...

Great Not Me's!
Oh, and for future reference, after a call to Poison Control I can confirm that glow sticks are also non-toxic.
Dawn

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I have NEVER avoided someone I knew just because I was looking grungy!

Also, I wish my mother didn't know about my blog but she does and I can't make her stop reading so oh well...haha

Great Not Me's!

Sara said...

14 miles?! I'm impressed!! Have a great week :)

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Awesome post! Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I, too, keep my Facebook and my blog world separate!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the co-worker thing- they can be so horrible!
As for school toilets- you ever notice how the boys room always smells- the number two statement in my classroom of 25 preschoolers is 'flush the toilet and wash your hand', that is #2 because the most common phrase used in my room this year has been 'Take your hands out of your pants" (think I need to remember to use that for a not me monday post!
good luck with the job search- i am overseas in Saudi, so not to many people looking here!

Julie said...

My son enjoys eating crayons, so I hear ya on the non-toxic thing.

Love the facebook story! I would've avoided her too!! LOL!

Shell in AZ said...

"Thank you Crayola for non-toxic, washable licking tablets."

Best line I've read all week!

Staci said...

Great Not Me's! That's funny about the blue crayola tablet. I had a student who got blue paint all over himself and I called him a smurf. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "What's a Smurf?" Make me feel old why don't ya!

Congrats on the new running record :) We had a toilet like that in the first school I taught at...YUCK! Have a great week :)

amanda said...

lol. i don't know that i want my 'mother' to read mine either. i should delete it off my fb too. and yucko about the bathrooms!

E @ Scottsville said...

Goodness, I could've driven that 14 miles in about 11 minutes flat. You drive SLOW woman. =0)

J/K

Enjoyed your Not Me's. Happy Monday!!!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Uh, yeah, my post is also picture-less because of the lack of html box. Oh well! =) Thanks for stopping by! =)

Brooke said...

14 miles in under 2 hours?!?! That totally rocks. You are a superstar, and I would never be able to keep up with you.

Happy Not Me! Monday.

Meg said...

Rock on 14 miles!!! I'm getting there. I ran a half marathon about a year ago and am ready to be there again. BTW, your blog is adorable!

Elyse said...

There is a reason that my blog is not on facebook or twitter either :) I do not want the college people on here...I totally feel ya on this one. Gotta love Crayolas.
~Elyse~

Aileigh said...

I am filing that into the back of the brain for use at a later date... Tater Bug has several of those color majic tablets at home. I might just have to go lick a green one in honor of St. Patty's day! I will take a pic! :)

dawnmramsey said...

I agree with you about the *small* sizing and Hooter's, but I guess I just really like the food. You have some amazing runs! My workouts are going okay, but I have trouble making time for them.

I am definitely going to keep in mind about the Crayola tablet science experiment! Good to know =)