Yes, that is what Corey and I are.
Tonight, I decided it would be as good a night as any to replace the light fixture going down our stairs. Armed with a ladder, instructions, and a screwdriver, I went to work. Then, I realized it might not be a bad idea to turn the power of before I attempted to wire anything. I head over to the circuit breaker and try and figure out which one to use.
About a minute later, I head back. I notice my screwdriver is gone. Asher. It's always him.
So I yell up to Corey to find Asher and get the screwdriver when I hear:
"PZZSSSZZPT" and a scream.
Running up the stairs I find Asher running towards me with his thumb sticking out, and a black singe mark on it. Yes, he stuck it in an lamp and shocked himself.
I always handle this well and immediately start screaming for Corey to call the doctor, load him up- we need to get to the E.R..-Stat.
Corey assures me he won't die, but we call his grandpa (who is an electrician) to be sure. Asher? Stopped crying within a couple of minutes and said, "Dat thing scare me. It went zzzpt. I need lay down now." We snuggled on the bed a bit, and he seemed to get over it. Much faster than I did.
That kid is a stinker though... His favorite activities at 2.5 are
~Taking (full) water bottles and emptying them out in the sink, then announcing, "Gotta throw this in recycling now." Even better is when he decides to empty it on the floor.
~Emptying out laundry baskets and filling them with whatever he can find. (such as the livingroom lamp, which is why it didn't have a lightbulb, he broke it earlier.) He then hauls his laundry basket around with his "heavy load" in it.
~ Coloring on his body with any writing utensil brother leaves out. Scissors? Every one in our house is on top the fridge.
~Unmaking the beds. I no sooner than make one and he is ripping everything off it.
~Emptying salt shakers, throwing all our clean napkins in the garbage, throwing things down the stairs....
~Did I mention in order to upload these photos I had to install our new card reader, as someone had stuffed whoknowswhat in our old one? Might be the same pilot who is responsible for the fighter plane that is currently crashed in our VCR. (Don't worry, the pilot was unharmed. VCR? Goner.)
These terrible two's might be the end of me... and yes, I swear we watch the kid. He's lightening fast when on a mission...
(Did I mention that when I shut the circuit off, I accidently left the one that has our wood boiler and freezer off? Oops.)
28 comments:
Oh no! I'm glad he's okay. They really do get into everything! It is always something with my son. I think it's a boy thing!
How scary! Thank goodness he's OK.
Well hey, at least he gets recycling, lol! I couldn't help it that made me laugh! My little Chick at 2 3/4 licked her finger and was about to stick it in the outlet. She was supposed to be in time out. I immediately relocated time out to a safer area.
They are trying at this age. Oh so trying!
Thanks for the laugh. Every parent has those moments. We have friends with their own Asher, literally... One night they noticed black marks around an outlet that they didn't think was accessible. He had been shoving stuff in and not telling anyone. Luckily he never got hurt.
I'm glad he's ok...but I cracked up!! My little one likes to hide things....it's not intentionally hiding them just putting them in boxes/bags/toys. I found my camera in seat of one of his trucks.
Everyday is an adventure.
too cute, but glad he is okay!
Wow! Glad everyon is okay, and hopefully he won't try something like that again :) I'm just starting to love this age - ha ha.
so scary! glad he is okay
Collateral damage is exactly why I don't do any Harryhomeowner projects myself. That's my husbands job. Period.
There is NEVER a dull moment in your house, is there? ;) Glad the little guy is okay. I'm guessing he won't want to be an electrician when he grows up.
I'm sorry but I was cracking up! I am so glad he is okay though. I too would have had the kid in the car on the way to the ER in a flash. Forget the ambulance it would take too long :) God Bless you girl! I thought Lucy was quick and into everything...Asher's got her beat by a mile. Hope you have a less crazy day today.
I long ago figured out that you and I were somehow separated at birth because we are sooooo much alike. This post just proves my theory even more... even our children are just alike! I would hate to see the trouble that Reagan and Asher could get into together!
Glad that he is okay now!
Glad he's okay. I bet he learned a lesson he'll never have to learn again.
Hang in there, he'll outgrow this stage (eventually...LOL!).
Glad he's okay!
I stuck something in an outlet when I was older and I seem to be okay.. actually that might explain a lot!
Nice Tweet last night! Sadly, I found out it's possible. Very sadly. The rest of it will be conquered tonight!
I'm happy he is fine. :)
My sister stuck a fork in an outlet once when we were around 6 and I heard the Pzzzzt sound. Her entire hand was black, but she survived. I'm sad to admit it, but I still laugh (hard) whenever I see her holding a fork, because all I hear is Pzzzzt!
Oh, how I wish you lived closer. Your son and mine would be the best of friends. They even share several similar interests, such as unmaking the bed and laundry baskets.
What is it with these boys?
-Francesca
PS: I hear that when they turn three all of this behavior magically disappears. Three is really just terrific! :)
P.S. Three is not terrific... in fact 5 is the worst lol. WHY WHY WHY.. NO NO NO... Im running away... but but but.. mom mom mom. Let me play with dad's cell phone in the sink.. you know because I wanted to clean it.
I only hope to live through these years with some semblance of sanity. Don't know how much luck I'll have at that since my kids pull things like this all the time and my oldest is only 7. Good luck with this little guy. He looks like an adventuresome tike.
You are living my life! I could have wrote the same post!
I have no idea why they call it the terrible two's. We breezed through the twos like they were nothing thinking we were great parents. Then, three hit and it was all down hill from there. The arguing, yelling, screaming (on my part) and the whining..OMG the whining has got to stop!!!!
Got to love terrible twos, but he seems to at least be entertaining as opposed to just terrible.
I think the water bottle into the recycling is fabulous, way to go raising a conscientious child!
Is that what I'm "in" for with boys? I can see Trevor doing all those things...
I'm officially scared to have boys! Glad he is okay though!
So, I am driving home with the kids in the car. My 3 year-old has a capri sun. I hear this weird dripping sound, and she is squeezing it out into the FLOORBOARD! She said it tasted funny, and wanted to drink from the bottom, and needed to pour the top out! Where did she learn this from?
We mothers are lucky to be alive ourselves, considering how easy it would be for us to suffer heart attacks from the sheer horror of what out 2.5 year old boys do. All I know, it's a blessing when any child grows up, after all the near misses.
Holy smoking thumbs, Batman!
Glad he's OK. I have a feeling when our boys are all grown we will be thanking God for all of the 'near misses'!!
~Keri
Ohmigosh! I'm glad he's ok, though.
Did you lose much food with the freezer being of?!
Oh you made my heart miss a beat - they DO give us gray hairs don't they? My two year old has had her share of ER trips and close calls. Let me just tell you, if your kid ever sticks a bead waaaay up his nose, cover the other nostril up with your finger and blow hard in his mouth. Not that I know anything about that or anything.
Post a Comment