..you get more excited about a new pair of running shoes than heels
..getting Glamour in the mail is cool, but the newest issue of Runners World makes your week
..PR, splits, negative splits, chaffing and blisters are part of your vocabulary
..6 miles into a run you find yourself thinking, "Only 7.1 miles to go!"
..take 1 day off from running? fine. 2 days and you start to get antsy. 3 days? and your a mess
..you've ever had to dodge a lugie from another runner
..you know the exact distance from one point to another almost everywhere you've ran. Ex? I live .66 miles from one end of my road and 3.14 from the other
..for your 10 year anniversary? you ask for a treadmill instead of a diamond
Have any more for me? I came up with these as I was running last night to pass the time. Some runs you do anything to keep going!

31 comments:
Ha! Then I'm most def NOT a runner!
Not a good lugie dodger, therefore I don't run.
I think I'll stick with walking thank you very much! :)
I "interviewed" the babysitter today. She went with me and LIl Man to watch the hubby play ball. I'm getting a little more comfortable with the idea. (Not quite there yet though). I think I'm going to let her come over while I'm here doing some stuff around the house and let her hang out and see how she interacts.
I'm not a runner so none of those fit me exactly. However, I do love a good practical gift:)
Can't help you there, I'm still learning to breathe and run . At the same time.
Well, I was considering the idea of running until you said "lugie." Obviously not cut out to run. LOL!!
I wasn't sure if you would see my answers to your questions on my blog so I am leaving them here... I was going to email you but I can't find an email link on your blog.
Don't feel lost, I may not have been very clear haha :)
We are moving to Southern California (we currently live in Northern California). We live in a tiny one bedroom apartment that we have completely outgrown and we are trying to buy our first house. My family still lives in Southern California and Greg and I had always planned to move there when I finished school. I graduated last May with my degree in child development and now I am working at a school district with autistic children.
Hope that answers all your questions! Let me know if you have any other questions - I am an open book and love to share :)
I envy you that you've found something you love to do (running). I personally only run when one of my kids is trying to escape into a busy parking lot. But I do enjoy biking and hope that is my "something".
BTW, your question on your comment page is distracting me. I AM supposed to be cooking instead of reading your blog and now I feel guilty. Thanks a lot. Don't worry though - the feeling will pass soon enough!
hmmmm....nope, not a runner!:)
I envy those that do though.
Hi! I'm not a runner, but I sure understand chafing and blisters. LOL!!
So, you live in a PI, or is it 2/3 from a PI?
I'm enjoying reading about your training for the marathon. Good Luck!
Thanks for commenting on my pic. You gave me a good laugh, as I failed to mention it is a funeral home.
Have a great evening!
Here are just a few off the top of my head.....You know you are a runner when....
...you listen to the same playlist on a run, and you judge how well you are doing with your pace if you hear a particular song at a particular point on your path, and that's the same point you were at last time you ran when that song came on.
...you pass my people on your blog and make up stories about their lives to pass the time.
...you write an entire blog post in your head while you are running to pass the time.
...when you get in the shower after a long run, you dread the taste of sweaty salt washing over your face.
I just started running, I am not that enthusiastic about it yet...but I hope to be.
You can talk about fartleks without giggling (oh who am I kidding, I still want to giggle)...
You stop getting pedicures b/c you have too many missing toenails...
You plan vacations around really great races...
You skip a Friday night glass of wine b/c you have a big run you don't want to jeoparize in the AM.
Great post...I've often laughed b/c I have more running clothes, shoes and gadgets than other things in my closet!!
I will definitely think of some things to add during my run tomorrow morning. Very funny, BTW, I think I've said it before, but your header is awesome!
i'm definitely not a runner!
but i was pretty excited when my husband got a treadmil last week! (although i'd probably take a diamond instead!)
great list!
here's my short list of things i came up with when you know you're NOT a runner:
...When you can’t run for more than 5 minutes without your legs feeling like burnt jello.
...When you’ve had a laundry basket sitting on your treadmill for two days and aren’t antsy at all!
...When you have no idea what the difference is between running shoes and regular tennis shoes.
yep... i'm gonna stick to walking too!
Oh, yeah, I totally relate to all of these but not really because I don't run at all. I can occassionally be found on a stairmaster with an In Touch magazine, however.
But how do you run on ice (ASSUMING you run outdoors year round)? You see, I lived in Richfield (it borders Minneapolis on the south) for two years, and I could barely walk, much less run.
Too cute!
Would love to follow your blog, but not sure how to! :)
-Whitney
Loved this post. I am not a runner, but I love to power walk. Since December we have become quite the fitness people. I use to look forward to the decorating magazines now I look forward to the fitness magazine. I am so excited that it is nice and we can go outside and leave the treadmill behind. Happy running!
Cute post and cute blog....Party hoppin' here!!! Have a good week.
Ew, the lugie one grossed me out! Ever get hit?
Great list! I've only made it 3 miles so far...maybe someday....
When you start to get cranky your husband will insist that you go out for a run instead of a glass of wine. :)
My hubby is a runner...so I've visa versa'd (is that a word?) this too.
Oooo you've tried every gel and jelly bean, protein mix, etc. known to man.
Great list. I so want to find the time to start running again.
I miss running - but I am pretty sure I am carrying a runner. It feels like a jog takes place in my womb every time I go to sleep.
We could add something about fake racing....and when I trained for my marathon I lost almost all of my toenails. Gross but I hear it is not uncommon. I really do know the distance to everything around my home - that one is funny.
Awesome list...but I have a couple too,
You know you're a runner when:
If you had to chose between a shower or a run, you chose a run!
To make it appear as if you are not missing a toe nail or two, you pain the actual toe skin to match the other toe nails.
You keep a bag in the car Juuust in case the opportunity should arise for you to head out for a quick run.
You see the same vehicle driving by multiple times in the course of your "lap" around town.
Yes! I loved all of these. I am so *not* missing a toenail right now... I'll just paint over it...
I dream about running... and I willl never again have cute toes or feet. I actually take pride in the toenails I have lost and my calloused, nasty feet. I love running rain, wind, snow, or shine.... and I too relish when Runner's World comes in the mail! These are all the things I miss dearly as my rapidly expanding baby-tummy prevents me from running currently. I love reading your running posts - they keep me motivated - and once again am amazed that you run such high mileage on a TREADMILL (shudder!). Keep it up!!
I miss running so much. Something is wrong with my knee though- and I keep putting off a much needed Dr. visit. And therefore, no running for me. Maybe I will get the courage to go soon!
Post a Comment