
Well, I won’t lie. I love Reese's Pumpkins, tree's, hearts and eggs all equally.
Covered in milk chocolate or white chocolate, my love stays the same. I prefer them slightly melty, with the peanut butter all soft, but will take them cold in a pinch. Yes, the Reese's Egg and I have fond memories, and many miles under my belt because of them. Even Asher likes them. Last year, I was able to sneak them by him. This year? He caught me. I told them it was medicine, but he said he wanted some medicine then. He took his first bite (a true joy to see as a mother) and smiled. "This nummy, Momma, I have 3 'dem?" (He wants everything in 3's)
Something about these things, they are even better than the peanut butter cups. I think it has to do with the lack of ridges or something. Whatever it is? I'm an addict.
However? The time of year has come when we are done. Sniff, sniff. There are no more trees, eggs, hearts or pumpkins till fall, or whenever the mass merchandising preceding the holidays begins again.
You see, Reese's doesn't make Mother's Day (a flower!), Father's Day (a tv!), Opening Fisher (a fish!) , Fourth of July (firework!) or Back to School (apple!) Reese's.
or...Help me out by emailing Reese's and letting them know we would like to see these products. (I can only email so much before getting put on a "list" of "special customers")
39 comments:
I didn't even get to eat one this year. I feel very deprived. I too prefer them over the regular cups. i think it is the peanutbutter to chocolate ratio and the lack of hard edges. I'm going to write them right now!
lol
I love them too! There's more peanut butter than the regular cups and the chocolate is softer.
hi funny girl! I tagged you!
I'm having a crazy case of needing some chocolate this morning... your post may have just sent me over the edge!
Asher needs three because that's one for each year of his life and one to grow on. But, where is he gonna keep em with only two hands? LOL!!
Yep, the eggs are good. I'm not much on the regular cups, especially since I greatly prefer dark chocolate. But, the eggs and other shapes are super-yummy. I could easily live off peanut butter. Well, I might have to have a fiber pill with that.
You're right. I never thought about it until now. Those eggs are better than the cups. I think the cups are too hard on the outside even if the center is gushy.
I'm so weird that I don't even crave chocolate. Ever. Now you royally hate me and don't even want to be my bloggy friend anymore, right???? =0)
I'm just strange. I know!
I agree, I had my fair share of them this year too! Soooo gooooood.
Chocolate and peanut butter is God's greatest invention. Oh, and penicillan is cool too.
i feel you pain, sister! i sure do! those yummy, lil' eggs are one of my favorites too. they always seem soooooooo fresh!!! i'll e-mail Reeses right now!
Sara I'm so with you that happens to be my favorite too! I always eat my kids before they eat it first!LOL! btw I want to start running again any advice on how I should start? Used to run a couple of miles but then I hurt my back(my back muscles) and now I want to slowly ease my way into running mode again:)
i almost didn't read this post. the picture almost put me over the edge, then you started describing them. oh how i miss thee, reeces--i haven't had a reeces peanut butter ANYTHING since christmas. now that really deserves a sniff sniff!
anyway, my mouth is watering right now as i write this comment. and i'm off to find a healthier chocolate fix!
oh, and the special customer list is too funny! please don't tell me that you know for a FACT that you're on that list! :-)
oh my word --
i'm thinking that maybe we are kindred spirits somehow!
reese's eggs are my FAVORITE candy!!!
i could them everyday -- but, then i would have to run more than i already do!! ha!
i'm thinking they need president's day reese's, memorial day reese's, labor day reese's, or even birthday reese's (balloons)...then they would have them ALL year!!! i know they have the round ones all year...but, there is just something special about the cute, fun shaped reese's!!!
i think i'll go sneak one from my stash right now :o)
i'm definitely doing a 'sniff sniff' that the 'eggs' are gone for another year!!
Awww my favorite too! The Reeses "Big Cup" usually suffices until next Easter for me.
They are my all time favorite holiday item. I love everything about them and all i got this year was a teeny, tiny, mini-egg. Boo! Something about Reese's eggs and diets don't mix.
I actually laughed out loud at my word verification because it is "prethin" which goes to show that I shouldn't eat any more of those things. I ate a lot of them back in my 'prethin' days! Ha!
lol. i ate an entire bag of those myself this year, after the kiddos were in bed!
Suddenly I'm hungry :) Those are delicious! And it may just be merciful to my post-baby body that they don't make them year round...
Thanks for your comment... it totally made me laugh. I would have probably told him to just suck it up because that kiddo kicked me in the ribs for 8 months :)
Gotta love those eggs!!
Congrats on your 1/2 Marathon!
I think I gained 4 lbs just looking at the picture you posted.
Ooh, they are good, aren't they?
I really like them frozen - I can enjoy them a little longer. And somehow I can take just one out at a time (so they don't sweat) thus burnign extra calories on the walk back and forth.
Ok, fine, so I really have to not buy any since the package wouldn't last a day. And I've been good. Really, really good. For over a year. *sigh* I miss them.
Easter candy is the best - hands down. Halloween and Valentines Day don't even come close. Your love of those Reese's eggs is completely without blame. =)
~Keri
love your blog!! gonna have to go eat some chocolate now, oh wait, was going to do that anyway since heidi sent me some today :)
Oh, don't even get me started. We already had this conversation, but personally, I think the eggs are the best out of all of their holiday offerings. I think they have the perfect amount of peanut butter to chocolate ratio... That's what makes them so darn good.
My husband just mentioned the other day that we let this Easter slip by without picking some up. Now I have to wait another year for these precious little morsels of goodness. What was I thinking?
I have to be honest... I've never had any of these "special" reese's! I will be on a hunt next year!
By the way... in love with the new blog design!!
How funny is that! I just love to read your posts, I love how they are light hearted.
I don't know if you should teach next year, maybe you should go work for Reese's.
Love the new blog design, super cute.
Have a blessed Wednesday!
Sugar, you can shop with me anytime. Hop on a plane. I couldn't post it on my blog but my husband's aunt had never heard of Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Sephora, Williams Sonoma, etc... Macy's is about the hippest store back in the sticks. I told her she needed some serious intervention but I don't think could get past the traffic to make it to the outlets at Leesburg. We shall see...
I agree, they are wonderful. I love holiday candy. I don't care that they are available all year in 'non' holiday shapes, I like the special ones. they're so much better...
I have an entire bag of Reese's Peanut Butter eggs hidden in my closet. ;) For some reason the holiday ones taste better than the original...must be the chocolate to peanut butter ratio or something!
I am in total agreement. The eggs are way better than the cups!
I am making homemade peanut butter cups today (because you can't by them here. Germans don't eat peanut butter, they are SO weird!)
That sounds good. And there's nothing wrong with being a 'special' customer. I've no doubt my FBI file is miles long... ;)
BTW, I just saw my belly and tattoo go scrolling by in your sidebar- my button! You're the first! Aw, you rock!
I love them too. I'd love to see the Mother's Day flower.
Love the new background! The Reeses company should advertise on your blog :)
This year, I had to explain to my husband my fascination with the Snickers egg. I kept saying how they tasted different. But I was convinced it wasn't a shape thing. So this year, when I grabbed a packaged, I read "Snickers CREAM eggs." That's right, they are different. And awesome. The reeses eggs rock too, we ate some of those as well.
I was upset though, I didn't get to do my traditional day-after-easter candy stock up. Too busy. Boo.
You're absolutely right, we need to get them started on these year round! I especially like the father's day one, but maybe in the shape of a remote?!
Rude.
I'm drooling on the keyboard.
So, SO rude.
I love those eggs, too! But I didn't even get one this year :(
But I think my favs are still the plain old Reese's Cups--milk chocolate, that is. I really LOVE the ridges.
I could live off of those....seriously, no other food ever again but Reese's eggs, and I would be happy.
I know what you mean. I love it when the "holiday shaped" Reese cups come to town. I think it's all the extra peanut butter inside that makes them so great. Yum!
Post a Comment