I've been working on hills lately in my runs. Fun stuff, I know. I hate hills, they are just so... up. And my body does not like going up.
However, since most races do not exclusively go on a flat, comfortable surface during a moderately warm day with a gentle breeze, and light cloud cover- I must train. Shoot.
I did 20 miles on Sunday, went well.
Tuesday? I went out to do 10 miles on the mountains small bumps near my house. If you actively follow my genius on Twitter (sorry) you'd have seen that it was windy.
Seriously Windy.
At a couple of points, I felt like Forest Gump, trying to run into the wind. I doubt I was even moving. Just me, running in place, arms flailing. I kept on, but geesh, I bet I looked like a spaz.
I made it though, 10.25 miles of Pure Joy.
Then? Just to prove to myself I could? The next night I ran 5 miles on my treadmill at a 4.5% incline. My speed is none of your business. Slow and steady babe.
In other news, I signed up for the Twin Cities Marathon this fall. Everyone tells me this race is awesome, so why not? Besides, the weather was cruddy last year, so it HAS to be good this year, right? There are around 11,000 runners, so I think the crowd excitement will be awesome!
Tomorrow? Another long run. After I attend
the funeral of hubs great aunt I've never met.
Who his family didn't mention she died until 2.5 days later. But tonight? Fun!
on a final side note? I am sorry, but I had to post this. It is truly a sign that the end is near. Very Near. Are these two for real?

(insert shot of me shaking my head like a babbling idiot here.)
24 comments:
Bachelorette Party??? Ooooo La La!!!
have fun tonight!!
Well, you have fun tonight! I hate hills too. Heck, I hate running!!! But I've been trying to get out there and do it more. Dang you! I blame you completely!!! =0)
You have peaked my curiosity!!!
What was the source of the desk smell?? Oh, how I remember those days!!
Wow---just reading about your runs makes me happy I'm done with running for the time being. It doesn't even sound remotely enjoyable. But I'm glad you like it---and will be cheering you on for your marathon! On your blog, of course:)
Ugh! I hate running hills! Well, I hate running UP them. I love love love running DOWN them! Congrats on 10+ miles! You will be marathon-ready in no time! I did a half marathon last fall...I don't think I will ever be able to do a full marathon. You go! Marathon Mommy!
I really thought this was going to be all about The Hills, and I was so excited! My life is sad.
You rock! The best I can do is climb my stairs with Bria and a basket of laundry and I'm winded.
Way to go! Good for you for signing up for the Twin Cities Marathon. My company is the sponsor, so maybe I'll be there to cheer you on. :)
And, O.M.G. - can Heidi and Spencer please go away, forever?
you are my hero with all your runnin'! i ran 2 1/2 miles yesterday and was sooooo very excited...but 10 miles...sheesh! i could never do that!
and Speidi with their masks on...is that real or Dr.'d up?!? too funny!
Super great! I liked hills when I used to run they gave me a big accomplishment rush, oh I miss running I gotta start soon, I'm sooo procastinating! Good luck at the twin cities marathon! Yeah those two lovebirds look very paranoid if you ask me!!
I hate hills too. SO hard. And I hate celebs. Scratch that, celebs are amusing. They are here for my amusement...
My fam does the same stuff. You never know what is going on until way after the fact. What are they thinking?
You're my running idol. I can't believe you just go out and run 20 miles like it's nothing! You kick a$$! That picture is hilarious. Someone should tell the masks are for confined spaces, and just in case they are wondering, the beach is not one of those places!
I am always amazed at people who can run long distances --like for a long time --at once, and up a hill, and STILL LIVE.
I power walk, but NOT run.
good job
Hills? What are those? Did you know FL is almost completely flat? In the race I ran last weekend they had us going up and over (and back) a bridge over the highway...you should have seen us all gasp...a (gasp) hill in the race? Ugh! Good for you! I'll go flat as long as possible :)
That photo is cracking me up! Thanks for that.
I, for one, WAS following you on Twitter and got that particular tweet loud and clear! I felt for you. I've also been playing along with your little Bachelorette Party games this evening and might I say, your tweet about slot machines and karaoke had me rolling.
And as for those 2 bozos,I mean Heidi and Spencer, they look as ridiculous as they act!
Loved the picture!!! Pure crazy.
Sounds like tonight was a party night for everyone!! We had the wine and dessert so you could have joined w/out bringing anything!! Hope you guys had fun!
10.25 miles into the wind sounds like Hell on Earth to me. You're crazy. I mean that in a good way. Oh and Heidi and Spence make me crazy. They gave an interview on my radio station this week and were so annoying I wanted to stab my Starbucks straw into my eardrum. When will their fifteen minutes be up, sheesh?!
I'm so OVER hills. Miami Marathon in January... Flat, should be in the 70's, sunny with a few clouds, and a gentle breeze as you run along the beaches of Miami. I'm so there... I guess living in Florida isn't all bad!
Good luck in Twin Cities! Are you doing a marathon sooner?
You redeemed yourself with the photo of the ridiculous "Hills" couple...I was going to start swearing at my computer since you are running hills and long distances...WHEW!!! Good redemption. :) Good luck in the marathon. :)
I hate running hills and the show the Hills.
I hate hills. And WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!! They are so retardo.
Aren't they worried abtou the mask tan lines?
I agreed to do a 5K by Labor day. BEcause I'm a crack smoker.
Have I mentioned that I don't run?
Post a Comment