Me: So, if your son has strep, and you were to have, you know, possibly taken a drink from his water bottle, and put his thermometer in your mouth....well, would you get strep?
Pharmacist: {Insert long, are you serious look here} Did you use his toothbrush too? {Editors note: The sarcasm was heavy.}
Me: Um, no, actually I think that is kind of gross.
Pharmacist: {Insert another LoOk here} hands me the prescription and says, "See you in 3 days for yours."
Ha! I {did not} have to go back in 3 days. I was {not} back in 2...for Asher's!
Well, I had my first track and field day with my students on Friday. My hubs asked what my "assignment" was for the day. Upon hearing I was a timer, he {did not} laugh and say, "Serious? They are giving a lady with ADHD a stopwatch? What was Ben (our elementary physical education specialist, not a gym teacher) thinking?
Umm, I {did not} last an hour before losing my stopwatch. To my coworker, who "kindly" offered to help me for a minute. {Never got it back.} I was {not} put on the IR list for the rest of the day.
Well behaved children? Naturally. So, it {was not} my 2 1/2 year old who put his hand on grandma's mouth and said,"Shh Grandma, you need to stop talkin' now. Quiet." When she was talking to him about his behavior.
Finally, my friend Jazz and I {did not} think it would be a good idea to go running on a night with 35 mph wind gusts. On back roads with corn fields. We {were not} running along with corn stalks and dirt flying at us, and I {did not} laugh so hard I almost wet myself. All I could picture is 2 women running about 1.2 mph against the wind, looking like total dorks. {Obviously not us though.}
have a great week!
46 comments:
happy monday!!
You have a funny pharmacist! lol
lol..Your son is funny!
Happy Monday!
I wonder if I can teach my kids that grandma trick. It would be rude if I did it myself (to my FIL)!
Laughing my head off right now...
Thanks for a good Monday morning giggle!
Love the pharmacist's response about the toothbrush. Awesome:)
And seriously, I get a kick out of things kids say that you know they heard from their parents:) I mean...maybe he just knew that on his own:)
Oh thanks for reminding me, field day is coming up! ARGh!
By the way, all MckMama readers are invited... I'm hosting a new follow-up to MckMama's Not Me Mondays. It's called Toot Your Horn Tuesday. After exposing all of your not-so-pretty moments on Monday, how refreshing it is to get a little recognition for all the good things you do. Hope you can play!!
Leah @ www.sillylittlesparrow.com
ha! i love it!
the pharmacist story is great, as well as asher telling grandma to be quiet! lol.
and there's ONE more reason why i don't run! :-)
That was great! I guess you showed that pharmacist didn't you :)?
I am still laughing at this. Great...
Don't you just love when they start expressing themselves. Natey told my husband to be careful after I yelled at him for his driving. I almost died laughing. I thought, even the kid knows my hubby is a crappy driver!
I would love to see you running through corn fields!
Your son telling gma to be quiet is certainly (not) funny! I have to say I died laughing on that one!
Have a great Monday!
~Elyse
*snort*
Thinking of you running with corn stalks! Like Wizard of OZ!
Love the pharmacist story. Does he not have children? I had a vomiting child who shared drinks w/his brother no matter how many times I warned/threatened them not to!
Seriously, we must be related in some way! haha I’ve had a similar experience with my daughter when she was that age she told my Mom, “Grandma! I watch Scooby you be quit I put you in time-out!” I wanted to die...and was getting ready to by my Mother lol
Running against the wind had to be good exercise! Heck, now I have that song stuck in my head.
I love the image of you and your friend battling the wind and dirt running.
It's been a crappy day so far but that made me laugh!!! Thanks for that.
Oh my stars you have me rolling and co-workers asking me, "WTH Kaci are you laughing at?" "(long pause)...ummm nothing. I'm working...shut up and mind your biz."
:)
I did {not} laugh at this list! hehe!
So funny! I needed the laugh. Your son's exchange with his grandma cracked me up.
Hope your kids are feeling better!
-FringeGirl
That's hilarious about covering Grandma's mouth, I have to say. But of course that did NOT happen.... ; )
The pharmacist's comment about the toothbrush was hilarious! And of course I was laughing so hard that I almost peed in my pants at the thought of you and your friend running against the wind with corn stalks flying all around. All I could think about was Children of the Corn!
Ah, you always make me laugh! Happy Not Me! Monday :)
hey so did the wind help you?? That would be my thinking!
I am so so so glad the boys are feeling better!
And so glad you finally got your flippin picture up!
YAY
Ugh, strep throat. Hope everyone feels better!
I love Not Me Mondays!
Sounds like a fabulous run, lol. I look like a fool when I get caught out in the rain because I am sure I am dogging it because I hate the squishy feeling in my shoes...got to love living in Florida, not!
35 mph wind gusts sounds like the day i had my triahlon! i feel your pain! and i'm sure you guys didn't look like dorks! glad you didn't get strep! that would have been the pits!
very funny blog!the picture in my mind however,of your night run, may be funnier than it actually was:)
Laughing out loud at your son putting his hand on grandma's mouth! too funny!
Hope the boys are feeling better!
Happy monday
This whole post was hilarious but the mental image of you jogging through the wind storm being pelted by corn stalks will be with me for awhile... you need to start carrying a camera with you :)
Girl that was a wonderful not me list! I couldn't stop laughing at the girl with the ADHD stopwatch, mainly because I can totally relate to you.
When is your school over? Donnie is out on Friday and then he starts two weeks of summer school.
Have a great Monday!
Picturing you being attached by flying corn....BAAAAAHHHHHHAAAA.
Yup. Funny.
BlogBaby
Happy Monday! I freaking love that your son put his hand over Grandma's mouth and told her that she needed to stop talking.
I for one am sure that we looked totally HOT!! Like front page of the magazine HOT!! We obviously were the only good looking things out in the country that evening:)
I wonder if running against the wind like that made our legs jiggle even more?
Sorry about the strep throat! I hope everyone feels better soon!
I'm so glad I could make YOU laugh! Feels good, ya' know? ha ha. My mom called me to tell me she read your post about the Wall-E cake (she followed your link from my blog) and she was cracking up. Gotta love when a phone call is made just to discuss your blog!
Oh my gosh...that was HILARIOUS!!! Especially loved the sushing grandma part! Great NMM!!
Love your Not Me's! Glad you didn't get strep and proved that pharmacist wrong.
Your "Not Me's" are awesome! (Although in the "outrageous thing my child didn't do" department I think mine has yours beat! lol)
Have a great week!
Those are some great Not Me's!! I can just picture the look on the pharmacists face! You really showed him!! ;-)
I am laughing just thinking about the 2 of you running by the corn field in the wind. I'm visualizing a scene out of the movie Twister with you two as the stars instead of Helen Hunt!
Haha!! I loved the ADHD part. Hillarious! BTW, if you feel so inclined, we can compare stories about our special visits this week ;)
Your pharmacist is hysterical.
Sorry your kids have strep. Glad you didn't get it.
Don't worry, there's always the flu.
OK, I'm back on your blog reading trail. Thank God for Twitter or I would've had virtually NO entertainment whatsoever for the last 3 weeks of my blogging hiatus. You know how to make a girl laugh! For that matter, lets be fair: a boy, a mom, a dad, a spaz(oops, that's you), a squirrel. Well, really anything that can read or simply has ears to hear your tales! Please don't ever stop tweeting! Pinkie swear?!
Oh yeah, getting back to your post...LOVE the conversation with the pharmacist! Did they really keep a straight face when conversing with you? That must've been so hard. HAHAHA!
Have a great week,
Pam
Post a Comment