So, the other day when Corey made a comment about what it is like to be married to a *busy* woman, I was shocked! Are you saying it is not always a dream to be married to me?!
I mean, am I not a prize? Hello! Who else could find great deals at Target like me? Make a taco ring, chocolate cAke with homemaDe frosting, sweep tHe floor and be Doing number sentences with Elijah all at the same time??
Well. Hurmphh.
On another note: I need to come up with a plan for the problem I have this summer.
You see, when I working at home during the summer, Corey gets used to me doing more. More laundry, more ironing, cleaning and yes, even more microwaving. Hence the menu I even made last week. (Totally followed that 3 of the days too!)
Now, come late August? I go back to work at school. I cannot keep up the home schedule any longer, and he has to come back in and take over some more responsibilities. So every fall, I have to retrain him to do his fair share. So stressful.
So? Do I do it all this summer again? Or, do I keep my current level of housework, so I don't have to do the whole fall/retrain/stress? I mean, if all goes as planned, and my knee heals up*, I am also going to training for my next marathon. I will be right in the middle of the high training period. Having to go through the whole mess will add to the stress.
What do you think? Am I crazy? Don't answer that.
*Yes, my knee is bugging me still. I can go about 5 miles before it starts to ache. Instead of running a lot? I am doing lots of cross training and plyo moves. I promised myself that I would concentrate more on weights and cross training after the marathon.
34 comments:
Sara, does the pain in your knee and my shoulder mean we're getting.... uh.... OLD? Yikes!
My shoulder is FINALLY feeling better after like three months. That'll teach me to do stupid flips over stupid bars to show my kids what a cool mom they have.
I say have a blast this summer and give that microwave a work-out! ha ha ha
DO not change the schedule...MEN are too hard to train, much less RE-train... :)
I wouldn't retrain him. Let him keep going like it is..
especially with training and such coming up!
LOL I have never thought about what it would be like to be married to me. I just keep remindng my hubby about how lucky he is so...I guess it would be freakin wonderful!!
Do not do extra work over the summer! Sit in the sun, have a drink, OKAY maybe bake a little or throw a pizza on the BBQ. Men can't learn new tricks that fast...you can't be expected to retrain in September. Just my humble opinion! :)
hmmm. That is a tough one.
From one angle, I would say keep doing what you did when you were in school.
From another angle, (and this is coming from someone who was never diagnosed, but know that she is ADHD) I -oops!- I mean YOU may got stir crazy if you have extra time on your hands.
Even when I go on vacation Ihave to have every pocket of time schedule. eek! I am rambling and this is suppose to be about me...grrr, I MEAN it is suppose to be about YOU!
Good Luck with what ever you chose. Oh look- a squirrel!
Hmmmm...tough one. If he helps out, do you have more family time? Or do you have more family time if you are getting all the work done while he is out during the day? IMHO- I'd do my least hated chores and let the rest go until hubby decides he should do them. Don't say a word about those ignored chores, just don't do them.
Do whatever makes you happy and remind him that when you are happy, everyone else is too. :)
I would keep the schedule as it is that way there's no need to re-train. I don't have that problem with hubby, but my 14 y/o princess thinks I should remain being the cook Mon-Fri even though school is out for her and even though she is an awesome cook. I say oh hell to the no! She will cook at least once a week. I deserve a 24 hour break :)
It's summer, stay busy with other stuff and keep the same cleaning/cooking schedule as the school year. We only live once right? :) Your hubby will adjust i'm sure :) (I bet he loves all of the advice you get from your blogging buddies!)
Yikeronis!! I say keep your current level of duties and not to stress. :)
Just keep up with the same schedule - OR explain why you are able to do more (he should know this already!!). Have a great weekend!! ;-)
Loved the ADHD in the 2nd paragraph - well done from one to another, lol!
Blessings,
Carolynn
I say keep the same schedule.. he loves you just as you are right now, so why change it up and try to do more... I mean really!
I twittered to you the menu for the wedding to make sure you were cool with it :)
Was it my imagination or was the ADHD highlighted for a reason? :-)
I say keep up your current level of work around the house. Once you increase it, it becomes the standard and then they expect it all the time. That's why I don't make homemade cookies all the time anymore...the one time my hubby came home from work and said, "What? No cookies?" and I was covered in baby puke and dirty fingerprints all over my t-shirt, I threw a plate at him and cursed the day I met him.
I HAVE thought about that actually! I don't envy my wife!!
Good luck with the knee!
I say the more you do, the more they expect. Keep expectations low... Thats my motto... or is it If you have nothing nice to say... Oh wait thats so not me lol.
You gave birth let him pull some of the weight. haha
sorry corey!!!
Mandi
I get some idea how freaking fun it must be to be around me sometimes. Especially after I freak out about something stupid, blurt out something I mean but shouldn't say and then have to appologize.
Make him do his share, it creates resentment when the team turns into a solo act!
NO NO NO NO NO! Do NOT change the schedule! Keep it the way it is! You would be crazy to re-train him!
I don't like to think about how it is for my husband being married to me.
I am a handful. ;-)
if i started training ben in august, he'd probably just NOW get it! :-)
and i've never wondered what it's like to be with me..... but now i am!
You have me worried now! I hadn't even thought of this. Hubby's been calling me "super wife" since I got laid off. This is going to be a DISASTER when I go back to work...
Rock on for training for another marathon!
I say keep the division of labor the same, you don't take on anything more because I am sure retraining is awful! Have fun this summer, relax, try to enjoy yourself.
I actually have wondered this and I know that I am the prize. ;)
Anyway, I think that you should just keep the current level going. Why do you need the extra stress of retraining in the fall?
I'm sorry your knee is still bothering you! I hope it heals quickly!
As for the housework...don't let him get used to you doing more! ;)
I'm pretty sure that being married to me is not so much fun on a regular basis. Is it possible to display signs of PMS 2 weeks out of the month?????
Yeah, men just never keep house the way we want them to, do they.
Now I am on Corey's end to the summer schedule. I am use to doing a lot of the work around the house during the school year, then comes summer and I am use to Donnie being around more and helping out. I always hate when August comes and I lose my little helpers (Donnie and Trey). So I would say keep your regular schedule, it will be easier on everyone.
Have a great weekend.
How difficult can it be to be in eternally wedded bliss with a princess? I'm pretty sure my hubby has it made!
Reality check...I can't imagine really. That is a tough one.
We have a house keeper who comes once a week to do bathrooms, floors, dusting, you know, the weekly maintenance stuff. The cost is a sacrifice we make to keep our peace. We both cook, and one load of laundry get's done EVERY DAY between the two of us.
It is a happy balance we have found requires no retraining at any time whether I am working or not.
From the experience of 25 years of marriage, I have learned that men require CONSTANT retraining.
I think summer is a great time to get others involved in the household chores, especially the kids. What else are they going to do?
Maybe by fall, the kids will be used to helping out, and they can help pick up the slack.
But hubby still has to pull his weight. No options.
I presented you an award on my blog!
Thanks for stopping by! And, no, no, no - NEVER do more. Just keep doing the same and act like it's totally killing you. You never want them to figure out what you're actually capable of. ;-)
I don't have to guess what it would be like to be married to me - my husband complains enough so that I know! LOL! :)
You can't train a man. Forget about it. Trust me on this one. My wife gave up years ago.
Maybe you could switch it up. Like doing a lot of cool domestic stuff for a few days, then take a week off. Keep him guessing. ;)
Hope you feel better!
Let your man do some work. They like to work, right? RIGHT?
No need for you to take care of everything...
Post a Comment