I did it. I made my appointment for my tooth to be checked. Yes, the tooth that was supposed to be worked on 3 months ago. {ahem}

I've said it before, and my thoughts haven't changed. Last year? They shot enough Novocaine in me to "numb a horse" yet? nothing. Still felt it. Still really, really hurt. I cried. (okay, to be honest I cry every time I go to the dentist. Even before I sit down. I don't even want to know what they have written on my chart- "big baby"?)
Maybe if The Dental Maven was my dentist? Could you make a house call my dear? {Actually, I am not sure about this. She seems kinda lippy.}
And you know? The last time I went to the dentist? I tripped and fell and skinned up the same knee and same wrists that I skinned rollerblading Sunday. On the same week I make a dentist appointment. Coincidence? Unlikely.
The dental assistant who made my appointment was all, "Hi, is this Sara? How are you Sara? Your tooth bothering you? Oh, poor thing! How bad on
a scale of 1-10? Weren't you supposed to be here awhile ago?"
Yes. Bad. Yes. 4, with a half dozen advil a zero, um MYOB.
Then? She laughed at me when I told her I wouldn't sleep all week thinking about the appointment.
All I have to say is, I'm paying, I'll cry if I want to.
In other non mouth pain related stuff, check this out:

Now. I looked up the meaning of ESTRUS. Sick. Sick. What kind of county do I live in?
38 comments:
Um at least it isn't human estrus!!!! Maybe you should get some of that Doe Estrus and bring it to the dentist and threaten her with it if she doesn't use enough novocaine this time?????
I hate going to the dentist! I feel your pain!
I had to look up estrus too. Yuck!
I have the same dentist problem. Started when I was a kid and had 1 bad experience. Have been petrified since. I found a dentist I really liked and then my insurance didn't cover him so I have been to 4 other dentists since. Mind you all scared to death. My last dentist was pretty good at getting me to face my fears. He kept reminding me not to be scared it would ok and in all actuality when I confronted my fear it was much better. Oh yeah and I had a hell of a wisdom tooth experience but my fear of dentist probably made that 100 times worse. I have to find a new dentist here in Maryland and hopefully it won't be too scary. Luckily none of my kids have picked up my fear.
Um, what exactly would be the process for collecting estrus, and why the crap would you want that job???
Really? Deer hunting men go to some crazy extremes.
That's a good one to nominate for "Dirty Jobs" if I ever heard of one.
I hate the dentist too..I had to "bite that bullet" this past Monday!
Good Luck!
eugh!!!!! I googled it too...GROSS
I hate the dentist too...something awful!! good luck..may the force be with you!
I'm with you, the dentist sucks. Hopefully by you telling them a head of time that the Novocaine doesn't work on you maybe they can try something else.
I told them that my nerves are in all sorts of funky places so they were able to work it and my last experience when I got a tooth worked on was wonderful. Now mind you I still didn't enjoy it, but it still was bearable.
Once we get dental coverage again, I have to go back. I don't even want to think about what they'll find.
The dentist is the only thing I hate more than this 16 hour drive. Thanks for making it go by faster!
well now i have to go look that up :)
Have you tried sedation dentistry? That might work best for you!
I had to look it up, too! EWWWW! So wrong. On so many levels. blech.
I will be sitting in that chair on Monday...
Ummm...I don't think I'm looking that word up. Thanks for the warning.
Good luck at the dentist. Tell him you insist on a toy when you leave.
Oh yeah, deer pee! I could've told you what that means and saved you the time Googling it. My hubbies cousin works at a company who bottles and sells that stuff to Gander Mt., Cabelas, etc.
And...welcome to Minnesota!
Anna
Take a couple of pain pills before you go..or a Xanax! Either of those things will help!
off to google the word...and i am sure i know, but it will still be fun. and a big fat boo on the tooth thing. i have one too that i need to call on. why is it such a big deal? i'm silly, that's why.
I ALWAYS postpone the dentist. It is a terrible place... I shudder just thinking about it.
And what on earth would someone want deer estrus for??? Bleh!
I have never had a cavity!
Yaaayyyy me!
Sorry. I am insensitive.
I totally feel your pain! The last time I went to the dentist to have a cavity filled, the dumb thing would not go numb. He pumped so much novacain in me that I started to feel nauseous and got shaky. My whole mouth, tongue, throat were completely numb. But not that tooth! Everytime he started drilling....YOWEE!! Finally I had to tell him to stop and I left. When I went back - piece of cake! It numbed right up and I was outta there in 15 minutes. Weird, huh?
eww eww ewwwwww!!!!!!
seriously, how do you drive around with that on your tailgate?!
good luck at the dentist. when i had 2 root canals i felt it pretty much the whole time. . .
heh, hunters. Nice!
Good Luck on the tooth. Hopefully you don't need a root canal or something. If you do, why don't you get one of those dentists that will knock you out with some good 'ol happy gas? Look into it. Really.
I feel your pain...literally. I've got a copuple of teeth that need attention right now but with Abby needing 2 root canals and a couple of fillings I'm just sucking it up right now. Tylenol and chewing with my front teeth will have to do for now :)
Don't tell anybody, but I can't remember the last time I had my teeth cleaned. But I take the kids every 6 mths + some if needed to MY same dentist.
I have successfully avoided the dentist for years. I'm a total baby too when it comes to anything to do with my teeth. Last time I had to have a cavity filled, he used a ton of novacaine and I could still feel it and the smell...oh man, the smell of my tooth being sawed into just stayed with me for weeks. yuck!
I have no idea what ESTRUS is but I'm oddly curious now...I have a feeling I may be sorry.
Just came back to say "eeeewwwww", I knew I would be sorry if I googled that!! LOL
Let me guess...the tooth they couldn't get numb was on the lower jaw? It happens. I won't treat a tooth if they patient feels it. I'll reschedule them - believe it or not - I HATE HURTING PEOPLE!!!! So, when this happens, I usually ask the patient to arrive about an hour before their next scheduled appointment. I start getting them numb when they arrive and they either watch TV or read while waiting. Changing the anesthetic and location of injection typically helps as well.
Hope it all works out girl!
Good Luck with the whole tooth thing..... Now I have to go look up "Estrus"
we all want the maven to be our dentist
Oh Sara, I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! I hate going to the dentist. HATE IT!
Almost as much as getting the yearly physical HATE IT. Ya know?
Ugggh. I hate doctors, Period! It's amazing I love Tiffany (Paging Dr. Mommy) since she has that title in her title. YIKES!
I'm sending my personal jet. Don't fret!
{wink}
Is it okay to admit that I enjoy going to the dentist? Yeah I know that's weird. Just not as weird as people who sell DOE ESTRUS. gross.
i am NOT going to look up that word, and (i'm pretty sure) i'm thankful you didn't post the meaning. i can only imagine....
YIKES!
I dislike the dentist myself...never fun to hold your mouth open and let strangers poke around...
Hoping all is well otherwise.
Still doing the running thing...up to 4 miles w/ average pace 8:35/mile...not too bad for this NON-runner.
have a good day
I was suppose to have a cleaning 18 months ago. I always leave with such a headache that I hate to go back. Ugh!
I am going to guess before I google that it is a female deer's vagina? Am I right? Sick pervs in the world.
When i first met matt, he had a fridge full of fox urine and doe estrus! HOT!
I have the biggest fear of the dentist! Even a cleaning makes me sick to my stomach before hand.
I have passed out no less than 4 times at the dentist - I'm not even kidding!
I am terrified of ever switching dentists because then the new one might be meaner or not understand my deep fear and tendency to cry/pass out/make myself sick!
Hope it all goes (went?) well!
Just catching up on my blog reading...
I have a dentist who literally will turn on the Nitrous Oxide the moment you sit in the chair. I found her after several bad experiences with doctors who wouldn't believe I wasn't numb yet.
She pulled a tooth and I didn't feel it.
She doesn't accept any of the insurance/payment plans available to me, but I don't care.
Post a Comment