What I miss? The long runs. The feeling of pushing myself out on a long, hard run. Hot, sweaty, wondering if it will ever end, seeing spots? Yes please.
I have run 4.15 miles without knee pain, and have averaged 40+ miles per week on rollerblades, so I am hoping it will come back without too much struggle. Maybe? I had IT band stuff last year and my first run back was 10 miles, so maybe... Also, I am doing a lot more cross training (Hello Tracy Anderson 6 days a week, Hello P90X!) I am hoping those help me out as well. I just love running, that's all.
Running is my stress reliever. And? When my house is nowhere near completion and my husband golfs everyday I sometimes feel the need for some stress relief. (Well, I suppose I could wrap his clubs around a tree. Better yet, sell them and buy a Burberry.)
I am going to head out for a 4-6 mile run on Tuesday and see how it goes. Wish me luck and stuff.
In other stuff-
-Totally checking my twitter every 34 seconds for updates on Stellan. I'm praying like a maniac for that little boy.
- BUSY weekend. We hit up Lowe's, Menard's, BMX races, the fair, going away parties, some of us golfed, housework, rollerblading, grocery shopping, playing at grandma and grandpa's...we ran all weekend. I need a nap.
Finally? I'm sitting on my couch with Asher. He is being sweet and snuggly *very rare* when he suddenly puts his finger on my lips. He was trying to push my lips open. It took me a minute to figure out why. He was lovingly feeding me a booger.
42 comments:
Okay, laughed my butt off about the booger! LOL. And if I lived closer I would TOTALLY go rolling blading with you! I used to go all the time, and my roller blades are so 90s but it would be so much fun! I'm sorry you can't run as much, and I hope your knee gets better and your house is finished soon. Wow, I had a lot to say! :) Sorry I have been MIA! :) Will be better this week!
Asher just made me laugh off the bed. Seriously...this kid cracks me up! Man...you are seriously working out...what a woman!
~Elyse
I sort of wish I liked to run. It seems like it would be so good for me.
When it gets cooler I am going to be good again. I need to just get out there and do it! It is great that you are still working out in every way possible. Maybe I'll go rollerblading, that is a great option!
mmm...booger...nice!
Running?? YOU??? NOOOO????
Praying for Stellan too. I did an hour the other night as part of the 24 hour vigil and I prayed the WHOLE hour!! My hour was dedicated to Prince Charming. It was amazing praying for one person for an entire hour! Oh how my heart goes out to them....
Good luck on the run, Girl! Hope the knee cooperates.
Boys are gems, aren't they :) I am crazy about the updates on Stellan too ... how sad! Good luck on the run ... I'll follow you on Twitter to make sure you made it!!
evening booger snacks...yummmmmm
:O)
Oh, how we love our boys!
Wow, what a weekend. I do hope you get back to running soon, as I know it is very important for mommies to also have a stress relief activity. I also died laughing at the booger story, I guess boys will be boys.
I am heading over to check on Stellan right now.
Have a fabulous Monday!
Laughing too!
Good luck on your run. I have never been a runner. I hat running but envy those who can do it!
OMG - a booger? What a nice little boy. Ally hasn't started the whole "eating boogers" thing, and I hope she never does. Ish!
TOTAL protein! YUM!
Nice. Very sweet little boy you've got!
Good luck with your run.
Good luck with your house.
Good luck with starting back to school soon, I'm sure teachers have a couple of weeks left, right?
I so wish I was addicted to running!
Booger feeding lol Was not expecting that! HA
Praying right along with you for that little boy Stellan...
I am so right there with you re Stellan. The latest tweets from MckMama make me very sad...and sincerely worried. I truly hope that one day she and her family will be able to put this behind them completely. He is a beautiful child.
-Francesca
"lovingly feeding me a booger." WOW. See, my puppies never do that.
OK, so Presley totally licks his *ahem* and then tries to give me kisses.
Maybe that's worse. Either way, ewe!
Good luck running. I really need something like that. Calmly sitting and writing doesn't really get the endorphins pumping...
Just say no to boogers. Yuck! I hope your run goes well,and I think you speak for all of us when you talk about Stellan.
Oh when is that knee going to stop bothering you? I hope its soon b/c its sad it keeps you from something that you love.
I too am checking for updates.....
Good luck on the run!! I am checking twitter constantly too - I finally just had MckMama's updates sent to my phone, but of course it is not doing it yet.
Humph, how nice of your little one!
No joke about the Stellan thing. Things is sounding very bad right now.
I hope you knee feels better soon. I am praying for Stellan as well. I'm actually afraid more this time than last time.
I now have a podcast show in conjunction with my blog and I hope you'll visit and listen to it!!
Peace & Blessings
I Choose Bliss
I wish I liked to run :( Unfortunately, I only run when the kids are chasing me with the garden hose!!
I'm praying for Stellan, too.
Isn't it amazing how many people have banded in prayer over one sweet little boy with a very sick heart. As I have "refreshed" too many times to count on my Blackberry this morning, I just pull my little birds close and praise God for my many, many blessings...boogers and all.
P90X Core Synergistics this morning...how many friggen types of push-ups can there be???
Oh my word! You have me laughing myself silly over the booger incident.
Good luck on your run. I laughed out loud reading about the booger.
No!!!! What's with the sharing the boogars thing? BLECH!!!
I'd have thrown up, I think! =0)
You're having quite the time --- what with the poop on your jeans and all. =0) ((yea,I saw that one while stalking you on FB!))
Oh I love to run...I don't go fast or all that far but it is so peaceful for me.
A booger? Seriously? That's HYSTERICAL!
I am also praying for Stellan. The latest Twitter update was uplifting at least.
I wish I could run without feeling like I wanted to pass out.
Boys are so sweet aren't they? Good luck on your run, I have been using the treadmill because it has been over 100 degrees for days now, it is BORING! and it makes me dizzy.
OMG! LMAO over Asher. I have totally been there before. Ha!
I hope you get back to running soon.
I just got back from California and found out about the bad news with Stellan! I'm so sad why? anyways I hope you have a great awesome run! best of luck, take care of yourself!!
Oh man you had to throw that last bit in there didn't you! Here I was gonna leave you a "I'm so sorry you can't run" comment. GROSS SICK NASTY! :) Eh at least you keep it real! XOXO good luck on the run today.
Thought I should come back and tell you I finally posted the one word meme! Thanks!!
yummm boogers lol
Good luck with your running. I hope you get a new bed also...
I hope I someday learn to love the "wondering if it will ever end" moments.
I don't rollerblade. Oh, I WANT to - it looks really fun! But, um, I'm clumsy and would probably break multiple bones in the process.
Sorry you're not able to run, still. I think you're like an alcoholic that starts smoking too much when you stop drinking. You're just using roller blading to help fend off the detox edge of not running. ;-)
Boogers are way high in protein, yo.
OMG Asher cracks me up! That is hilarious!
That kid is hilarious... and oh so loving!
I wish I was a runner... I keep telling myself that I am just going to go out and run one day and maybe I can train myself to be a runner but then it never happens... oh well.
Noooooooooo. My little man tries to open my mouth all the time. I'm sure I'm booger bound soon. Ewwwwwww.
EEEWWWW.....I was with you until you said booger. "I just threw up in my mouth a little bit."
Post a Comment