I got all hotshot on my hubby after I got the P90X videos. I did a few of them, liked them, but didn't think they were all that Extreme. I mean, I got a workout, but honestly felt that during the arm/shoulder, leg and Cardio X videos, he spent more time talking than working out. If you took his babble out of the video, you'd have a shorter video and more moves. Yes, I understand we need rest time, but it seems overkill.
So, I shot off my mouth. P90X is nothing! Not extreme at all! I've done harder. {I have} I even commented on some blogs about how it wasn't that bad.
Then?
I did the Yoga X, the Core Synergistics, Kenpo X and Plyometrics. I stand corrected. These are extreme. For me anyway. I sweat till it is dripping off my body like water, {Yes, you may thank me for that visual.} I tremble, shake, fall over and naturally, love it.
However, I do then have to walk past my hubby, a shaking, sweaty, mess of a woman, and admit, that yes, it did kick my butt. {hopefully higher and less saggy}
However, even Corey says, that after doing 2 arm workouts, he is pretty sure that my arms look much more toned and sexy. And there is a ocean in Arizona.
Other news?
•4th of July was awesome- perfect day w/ friends and family. Core's dad is fire chief in their small town, so we got to sit right by were they were shooting them off and watch.
• I am pretty sure that if Corey rips out another wall in my house I am going to lose it. I mean, I am all for it, but seriously? I have live here too. I have my entire upper level compressed into 2 rooms right now. Think- 4 couches, 3 end tables, a TV, computer desk and misc. toys all in our sunroom. I cannot even put anything downstairs, because we are putting in all new ductwork down there. The guy starts that tomorrow and will be here all day, every day for 3 weeks. Great. There goes naptime!
• Why does everything I want have to be special order? And at least 3 weeks to get?
• Who handed Asher the hammer, which he used to punch a hole in the one wall we actually were not taking out? Guess we are now. Also, who knew he could use a screwdriver and remove an outlet cover all by himself?
Oh well, I can only keep thinking of when it is done, and make sure Corey doesn't try to fill the 8x8 spot i have left to do my workouts in!
Now, I might go shove my foot in my mouth some more.
32 comments:
My husband does the P90X workout. I had no idea it was so popular!
I'm just starting the Wii active two days ago, and now I have to sit on padded chairs only. It literaly kicked my bootie. I don't think I'll ever get to the same point as you. If I'd ever stop eating these dang chocolate donuts, maybe I wouldn't have to do these workouts.
Girl I wish I had your workout energy ... I am totally jealous!
THREE WEEKS of duct work?? Oh, Girl, you have my sympathy.
Glad you had a good 4th!
too bad u dont live in mexico where the workers would have to leave and take a nap too. lol. props on the workouts. u area better woman than me;)
We started P90X yesterday. If you didn't think all the pullups/pushups were hard, I tip my hat to you. I've been weightlifting for 15 years, and I've never been this sore.
Plyometrics today. Now you have me worried.
Well, if I wasn't already scared of ever doing P90X, I sure am now. :)
You will get the hang of those workouts in no time! Glad you had a great 4th!
I always feel like a moron when I do videos...it may have to do with my lack of coordination, and my fear someone is peeping in my window.
one of my friends is doing it too. every few days she has a hard time walking
Oh this was great. I love the hole in the wrong wall...
Dang it, I've got to get my butt in gear! You make me feel guilty, Sara!!!
Jillian Michaels is who I want to work out with. But I think I'd do much better if she'd come right to my house and do it with me. Nah,then I can't hit the pause button on her big mouth.
Oh well. Glad you had a great 4th! We did, too. Did you SEE my circus pictures? No, I think not!
=0)
Erica
Have you done the Chest/Back yet? Cuz I kinda wanted to die after that. But I will say there's nothing I dread more than the yoga. Cursed yoga.
If I were living in your house I'd be seriously looking at some hotel rooms to be living in for the next month.
My 3 year old knew how to use a screwdriver to take an outlet cover off too. They watch us way to closely.
As far as P90X- I'd probably be dropping sweat buckets after the warm-up. You must be in great shape.
Okay, I am going to have to get me some of those P90X videos. You inspired me! :)
And you can totally come to Forks with me next year! :)
You are going to love your house when it is finally done. In the meantime, go rent yourself a hotel room and hire a nanny!
Sounds like you two are really doing a lot of the work yourselves. That is always the smart way, but it takes so darn long...
I'm going to have to try this P90X! It sounds like my kind of workout. Maybe once I finally get around to finishing the 30 Day Shred, and then once I finish with the Chalean Extreme... then I'll do P90X!
Good for you on mastering the P90X....I seriously doubt I'd be able to keep up!!
I read your remodeling stories and it gives me shivers down my spine...as we're about to venture into the same territory. We're about to rip out our carpet and linoleum and lay down wood floors and tile. Then we're going to close off our loft upstairs and turn it into another bedroom. I could so easily see Cole doing the same Asher did...OMG!
Sounds like you had a great weekend. I hope your house gets put together soon.
Working out...what's that? I did scrape at least 7 layers of wallpaper off the walls this weekend. Does that count for anything...lots of squatting and arm lifts...anything?
-FringeGirl
I hate it when I put my foot in my mouth but I too am pretty used to the taste. ;)
hi hot mama!
I think I'm finally starting to get used to the taste of my foot! :)~
I'm afraid of P90X....Terrified!
PS....Sorry to hear about your house stuff...uggggg
I am often a victim of open mouth, insert foot...and I wear a size 10 so you can imagine it is usually bad!! I want to get the P90X for after the baby comes. Now that I know it kicks YOUR butt, it will definately work for me!
P90X, The Shred, I'm living for all this exercise that is going on in the cyber world today! LOL! My gym workouts are good, but it doesn't sound like they're P90X good! I may have to try this out!
Hi,
There's an award for you over at my blog....enjoy :) x x
Better you then me lol, I might collapse after doing the "easy" ones!
i have heard nothing but good from the P90x...i will let you try and then maybe i'll jump on the bandwagon. sadly, i was sweating that much in panama city this week with 104 temps! sick! sick!
I don't like workout things that have codes. Sounds like prison numbers, if u ask me. But, you know, knock yourself out. I'll be over here eating the new ben & jerry's "goodbye yellow brickle road"
Where do you buy this P90x thing? I have started working out and it feels very nice I'm coming back yeah! Yeah I know what you mean totally get you about the way one feels after a good workout!
I sure do hope you love all the renovations when they are finished. Here's to a speedy fix up and most importantly: clean up!
Oh wow I don't think I'll ever do those work outs...or maybe I will. I'm nuts like that.
Post a Comment