7.13.2009

Not Me Monday!

It is {not me} who is being sucked dry by this renovation..that started as a new kitchen and new flooring on our main level, and has ended up being a whole house remodel.

I am {not} living in my home like it is a campsite, complete with no lights at night and having to use flashlights to see at night in our bedroom. I {cannot} from my bed, see into the bathroom, boys room, office, and closet, as we have no walls. Think Mckmama has laundry in tubs? Do not come to my house! I have no closets in the entire house!

Being a baby, because although I am getting a whole house remodel, I am still whining? Not me!!

Hello, I have way too much respect for my body to push my knee in a 5 mile race on Saturday, even though my IT band is {uber} irritated. Super happy that I ran it in 43:21? Not me!!

Aching to go on another run tonight? Nah, not me! In fact, heading to the chiropractor right now to work on said knee? Nope. {totally promise not to cry/whine when he works out the adhesions even though it hurts really badly!}

Ahh, now that that is done, I am off! I can't wait to read all yours~
Thanks Mckmama!

30 comments:

Alicia said...

House remodels ugh! Cant wait to see pics of the finished project! Hope everyhting goes well with the knee!

Kristina P. said...

Good luck with the house and the knee! Does not sound delightful.

Foursons said...

House remodels TOTALLY suck. And I'm glad you got to run, not glad your knee still hurts. Good luck at the chiropractor.

Unknown said...

I totally feel your pain on the house remodel. Growing up my Dad was remodeling our house for 15 years. Seriously I don't know how my parents made it through that! I hope yours is finished long before then. :)

Sara said...

I think the remodel chaos would seriously put me over the edge...you're handling it way better than I would!

By the way, there's no way those photos of my younger self will EVER make it on the internet!! Sorry!

Mrs. M said...

Hope your knee feels better soon! And I hope you get your house back!! Not having your sanctuary in working order is NO FUN!!

Ace said...

I'm playing with the idea of signing up for a 5k walk in October. Wanna come????

KJ said...

At least you can blame your loads of laundry on the renovation...I'm using the excuse it's summer and we'd rather be outside...doesn't always work, but worth a try!

Charisse said...

Definitely would not be able to deal with the home remodel as well as you are. So proud of you and am totally giving you a high five right....NOW!

Unknown said...

Just thinking of all the exercise you do makes me tired.

Jennifer said...

House remodels. Bugh. But at least you know it'll be done soon and you'll enjoy the results. And bigger closets. ;-)

Michelle said...

When is your remodel scheduled to be over?

Drahdrah said...

Great Not Me's. Hope the chiropractor isn't too painful. Happy Monday !

Amy said...

Great way to do a MOnday...

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I am so glad I'm not in your shoes. It drives me crazy when we just remodel one room. Hence, why we've had two rooms waiting to be done for ...oh...2 years!

Hope your knee feels better! I finally got my lazy butt running again today!

Barbaloot said...

Shut up---43:21?! That's awesome.

Aileigh said...

Which is worse? Remodel or building? I am about to find out the building part! Hope the campsite cleans itself up soon! For your sanity! :)

LucieP said...

your poor knee! I just saw your tweet about rollerblading too! Girrl...I'm there with you in spirit! lol

Any Asher-stances lately??

Elyse said...

Gotta LOVE renovations! Hope you see light soon. OUCH on the knee...hope it gets better soon :)
~Elyse

Meg said...

It sounds like your knee is driving you nuts! Even with as much pain as it is causing you, running a 5 miler in 43 minutes, rock on! That is a great time.

I can't wait to see the renovations when you are all done.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

House remodels really suck.

Sue said...

Aww,,,you can cry if your knee hurts!

Unknown said...

We just started some home renovations. And my house is already a wreck!

Stephanie said...

Renos SUCK!

E @ Scottsville said...

But just think of how NICE the house will be after completion? You're gonna LOVE it and it will all be worth it. Think of it kinda like pregnancy. Ya know, miserable, ugly, uncomfortable, and yet when they hand you that baby.... ahhhh!

PS - I saw your comment on Cammie's blog. I sometimes sport a bikini, Girl! Now I'm all nervous.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ouchie, I'm sorry about your knee.

The Dental Maven said...

Girl! I wish I had one tenth of your zeal for exercise!

Kaci said...

Oh man I hope the house gets completed very soon for your sanity sake! Ugh about the knee...I'm sorry sister.

"Cookie" said...

I hope you show us some before and after pictures!!!!..of the remodel that is.

I'm trying to talk my hubs into putting our houes on the market and building again. He walked away from me with no comment. Not a good sign huh?

Rachel @ Called to Grow said...

Tackling the laundry is one of my Trophy Wife projects this week. UGH, I have plenty of place to put it, maybe that is why I have so much. I', actually going to post a pic next week, eek!Maybe I could talk my Hero into a remodel as a reason to not have it all done?
I going to go pray a bit for some super miraculous knee healing!