7.20.2009

Not My Children!

This little guy? Certainly not ever capable of doing the following:

- After putting him to bed one night, he {did not} walk back out. I told him he had until the count of 3 to get back in bed. His response was not "I can't momma. My wegs are not working." The next day when I asked if he had to go potty? His response was not "I am all out of potty right now mommy. I will tell you when it is back."

- -Pull down his pants to go potty at the playground, right in front of everyone? NOT MY CHILD!!!

- - {For the 102nd time} He also did not open the door on the bathroom stall in a public restroom, with mommy still in it. Good thing I am getting better at going at the speed light.

Other little man?

- is not building a rocket after seeing October Sky. I am not finding lists of materials around the house with things like

-steel

-scroo driver (sic)

-fire works

written on them. Scared? Not me!

-Beg daddy every night to bounce him on the trampoline so he can, “practice moving at zero gravity” for upcoming space flights? Not my child!

-and when we went furniture shopping last week? He did not jump on a bed and yell loudly, “mom! if I had this mattress I’d sleep naked every night!”

**UPDATE** My child? Pull down his pants and wiggle his bottom at other boys in the bathroom? AT VBS??????? Never. {hanging my head in shame....} Can't wait to drop him off tomorrow. Awesome.

Ahh, my boys! I love them to pieces! Now, I am off to work on my post about the MckBrunch yesterday!

43 comments:

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I wish I had been in that furniture store when he yelled that! It would have been AWESOME!

For some reason I feel the need to feel what that mattress feels like for myself!

The Stiffs said...

What kind of mattress was it... maybe I need to look into this;)

Cammie said...

Im kind of loving this new version of NMM, posted already today before I saw it though

Jen said...

what is it with boys and opening the stall doors. I just don't get it.

Ace said...

Gotta love kids! They always know how to embarrass us or make us laugh!

Miller Racing Family said...

How I can so relate to you and your little guy. Trey is always trying to open the door while I am in the bathroom.
So you are telling us we shouldn't let our kids potty in public. Trey always tells my mom that he will water her plants, then runs ou side in the front yard and potties on her plants. I guess that is what I get for having an older brother who teaches Trey bad things. Have a great day!

Meg said...

I love boys! I think it is adorable that he is trying to build a rocket after seeing that movie. I also love the comment about him planning on sleeping naked on that bed in the furniture store. LOL.

LucieP said...

oh what is it with boys and their love of nakedness and using the bathroom outside?!

My little one is much more strong willed so I am afraid of what's in store!

My 8 yr old wants to do Science projects all the time....he draws pictures of them and then wants to know when we can go buy the stuff. Somehow {thankfully} no accidents yet!!

Kameron said...

That is hilarious! Oh the things our kids do (to us). ;o)

Elyse said...

I have never ever seen a child open the door on momma while in a public restroom. Glad you are working at the speed of light. October Sky...wow...hope the rocket does not launch in the house.
~Elyse

Amy said...

This is so funny and had me rolling. I love the bed part. Oh children are the best...

Barbaloot said...

Ah-I HATE it when I wegs aren't working!

And I love October Sky:)

Kristina P. said...

Your kids are hilarious. I love that you kid said that about being naked. I totally understand.

Anonymous said...

I love the mattress part!

Can't wait to hear about the MckBrunch!

Unknown said...

cracking up about the comment on the mattress!

I was just telling someone else that I have yet to show my son that he could just pee outside for convenience sake b/c I know he'd want to do it all the time! LOL

Stopping in from MckMama's blog!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

His own rocket ship? I'm scared for you. Great list.

Family American Style. said...

I enjoyed reading your very cute post. Thank you for sharing.

Heidi said...

I'm working on my MckBrunch post too, but I've gotten distracted by visiting all the Brunch Lady Blogs!

I did not write a Not My Child post...although I will assure you that if I had it would NOT have been about all the potty incidents we did NOT have this week!

I've been following your blog for awhile, I wish I would have realized you were there yesterday so I could have said hi!

Rachel @ Called to Grow said...

I got nothing but LOL! Lots and lots of LOL from you today. :)

Michelle said...

Ha!

What a little stinker!

An adorable one though!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh yes, don't ya just love those moments AT CHURCH when your kids just make you SOOOOOO proud of them?

How funny! I had to giggle at his wiggle.

Erica

Unknown said...

Boys are so much work!

Anonymous said...

This was SO funny! Your kids sound adorable. When my son was little, I found out from a very uptight neighbor that he was going out to the front lawn to pee. I was loved in the neighborhood.
-FringeGirl

Foursons said...

Cracking up at the last two. That must have been one silky bed he was jumping on to want to sleep naked in it.

And wiggling the dairy aire at VBS? *Shock* I'm sure all those "good" church people have never seen the likes of your child. I'm sure they are all praying for his soul right now.

Bahahahahhahaha!

The Mother said...

It's the perfect kids I worry about.

Stephanie said...

LOL Glad I'm not the only Mommy who has played peek a boo from a public stall! HA

Unknown said...

Our boys have something in common. Bo will drop his drawers wherever the urge hits. Church, (front yard right after the service)playground, (at Sass's school during recess)Country club. Wherever!

Crystal said...

lol @ VBS no less :-)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Hilarious! What is it with kids opening bathroom doors and exposing their moms?!?!?

Helene said...

October Sky was such a cool movie!! Your boys are adorable....they definitely sound like they're ALL BOY!!

Counselormama said...

I had one of these days yesterday...we were at my sister's house for a get together, when one by one each kid would come in the house distressed, and we would ask,"what happened?" and one by one, they all said my son's name, ugh! The shame...

Kathy B! said...

I've been publlicly exposed more times than I care to admit while peeing in public bathrooms. I guess after childbirth I'd be over it but still...

Ace said...

something for you on my blog!

Heather of the EO said...

That was hilarious! BOYS! I have a feeling they'll humiliate us our entire lives.

Unknown said...

I can top it!

My then 4 year old peed IN the graveyard at Vacation Bible School!

Loukia said...

Hahaha! Your boys rock... so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha your boys are too cute!

Debbie said...

I thought all little boys peed wherever and whenever!

Anonymous said...

Nah, boys always have halo's over their heads.

HA! Good luck at VBS...snicker (couldn't help it sorry ;)

rychelle said...

it must have been a really nice mattress.....

The Dental Maven said...

Thank heaven, for little boys...

heidi said...

Ha! Glad none of that happened to you :-)

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Your boys are just too funny - they definitely inherited your humor even if they don't realize it yet!

I totally agree with Dr. Mommy - I want to know what that mattress felt like!