8.31.2009

Ghosts

Now, I'd start this post off by saying that I do not believe in ghosts, however, I do not want a ghost to read this and then come haunt me to prove its (his?her?) existence. So, what I will say is that I am highly suspicious of their existence.
Being even highly suspicious of ghosts does not make me want to spend anytime thinking about them, watching shows about them/involving them, or read about them. When I read a fellow twitter persons twit that said something along the lines of, "Anyone else addicted to watching Ghost Hunters?," I nearly fell off my seat.
Hunt for ghosts?
Are you insane?
If there are ghosts and if they are somewhere, shouldn't we just let them be? Let's not hunt for them. I mean, isn't that the equivalent of the dumb chick in horror movies who runs into the dead end and lets the ax murderer get her and kill her? Not a good plan. Either of them.
I would even suggest that watching Ghost Hunters is not a good plan. I mean, what if the ghost knew you were watching and decided to hunt you? Better safe than sorry.
Even as a young, awkward, badly permed hair child, I knew better. My friends? Reading those books, "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" at recess. Me? Humming a tune in my head so I wouldn't have nightmares.
Just typing this is going to give me a nightmare. Even worse than a Ax Murderer Nightmare, as I cannot hear a ghost coming. (At least I don't think you can. Either way, do not tell me if you know.) I will probably end up having to go to the bathroom with my eyes closed, in case I open them and see something I don't want too.
And yes, scary movies are out of the question for me. Even the dumb ones. At slumber parties? I'd go in the other room and read a book. Then? As my dumb friends played those dumb games about bloody mary? I'd hide. Then? I'd have to spend the rest of the night worrying. Should I go to bed and chance the ghost getting me? Or should I stay awake all night to stay alert? Then, if I stay alert, what if I see the ghost? Will sandwiching myself between a couple of friends help or hinder?
Not that I believe. Or don't believe. (Just stay away ghosts, k? Go bug someone else.)
I don't even like that ride at DisneyWorld with the ghosts. Halloween? Bad Idea. I mean letting the ghost go out unchallenged? Not good.
Call me paranoid (really, I am not. It is just Ax Murderers and ghosts that I am scared of. Mostly.) I like to thing of myself as safe from stupidity.

Now.. If you leave a comment? Do not tell me your ghost story...please? I mean, not that I believe, but I don't want any ghosts having the ability to track back to me, you know?

*I am emailing winners from Pay It Forward tomorrow.
**Update at 6:40 a.m~ Sure enough. Had a nightmare last night, not a ghost one but an ax murderer one.

54 comments:

Just Add Walter said...

haha... this post cracked me up!!! scary movies are the best!!!

Kristina P. said...

They make fun of Ghost Hunters on The Soup. It is rather ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

ok I won't tell you my ghost stories! But I do believe in ghosts!

erin said...

oh my goodness i will NEVER get tired of your spazziness! LOVE IT!

no, i don't believe in ghosts. but i believe in weird freaky noises in the house at night and they FREAK ME OUT! :-)

and no, i won't watch scary movies either. ben thought it was funny when he made me watch sixth sense way back when...

sweet dreams!

Lauren said...

I so believe in ghosts.

I babysat my girlfriends kids for a few days while she and her husband were at an out-of-town wedding.

Just to mess with her, when she returned I told her I saw a ghost in her walk-in closet. She has NOT forgiven me.

From time to time, I'll walk past her closet, and tell her I saw it again. :) Mean, I know. :)

peewee said...

Ghosts Schmosts! Axe Murderers are WAY more of a threat! Unless....there's an axe murdered ghost lurking around...then yah! THAT would be scary!

just saying...

susan said...

i agree totally. i HATE scary movies. i cried my eyes out in sixth sense and had to leave the theater. i do not do scary or ghostly movies. it all seems too real for me.

Anonymous said...

Ten years ago my husband and I put an offer on a house and found out, after it was accepted, that the house was on the market because of the last owners' tragedy: the husband fell off the roof and died and the wife went crazy and ended up in a mental hospital. (Explained why there was a hole in the roof...) Then we found out there were bats in the attic. Suddenly my husband didn't want that house. It was also 200 years old and built by a doctor who had his office in that house. Just creepy all around, and who wants to live with creepy? (I don't like scary movies either.)

honeypiehorse said...

I can't watch scary movies either.

Theta Mom said...

Ok, truce. No ghost stories and no scary movies! :)

BTW, just added you to my blogroll because you rock.

~*Michelle*~ said...

BOO!

*said with love~

xox

Sarah said...

No scary movie for me. I watched them when I was younger (because everyone else did - sorry, I know better now) and I wouldn't go anywhere alone for weeks afterward. I want to LAUGH at a movie not pee myself (unless it's from too much laughing).

King J's Queen said...

BOO!

King J's Queen said...

***Snicker, snicker***

Would this be a good time to mention that my first dog was named Casper...after Casper the FRIENDLY Ghost?

Should I also mention that my daughter read "I Can Read About Ghosts" last week?

Think friendly. Think marshmallows and sheets with holes for eyes.

The Stiffs said...

I soooo want to tell you my Ghost story. It was a nice ghost though. Does that help?

The Stiffs said...

I soooo want to tell you my Ghost story. It was a nice ghost though. Does that help?

The wife of bold said...

Tghis is too funny, but i'm totally with you!! Ido believe in ghost not that i've ever actually seen one thank Christ (i fear i would die of fright, but that doesn't been i'm not shit scared of them - i won't watch horror movies either :)

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

You are so funny!! I don't even think about ghosts. I think they are all in people's heads. Ax murderers....that's another thing. :)

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

You are so funny!! I don't even think about ghosts. I think they are all in people's heads. Ax murderers....that's another thing. :)

Staci said...

Uhhh, scary movies? Nope, can't do it. I saw Poltergeist when I was about 11 years old at a sleepover and I still have nightmares...26 years later!

Unknown said...

I love a really GOOD scary movie, not a gory one, but one that really creeps you out ... muawhahahaha!

Foursons said...

Oh gosh. Really, you had a nightmare? I'm sorry!

I too REFUSE to watch horror movies. Why would anyone want to submit themselves to such terror?

Kari said...

I do seem to remember that it was you that always wanted to sneak out my basement window at dark...and i was the chicken hiding in the other room making up excuses!

E @ Scottsville said...

I'm sure when you said "Don't tell me your ghost stories" you meant everyone but your BFF Erica, right? Right! Good!

So one night I was coming out of my master bathroom. I turned the doorknob and pushed and the door opened about 2 inches and then stopped. I pushed, but it was blocked. I thought one of my kids was being funny. I closed the door, reopened it a little harder and it swung fully open with NOTHING there at all. I looked everywhere, there was NOBODY. My kids were all sound asleep. Talk about freaky. There WAS something holding it shut, yet NOTHING. I still to this day don't know what caused that. But if it was a ghost, it let me out and hasn't bothered me since. I guess it decided I'm okay. =0)

Anonymous said...

I do NOT watch scary movies, but I DO believe in Ghosts AND I DO watch Ghost Hunters.

Jenn said...

Where were you at all the sleepovers I was at growing up? Read a book in another room instead of playing with the ouiga board? Heck yes.

Furry Bottoms said...

AH- what's that behind you??? I swear I thought I say something.... but wait! You don't wanna know. Ok, I won't say anything else. *wide round eyes staring over your shoulder*

Just kidding... all this said with affection!! ;)

Ace said...

You crack me up!

(and I LOVE the different ghost hunting shows!)

(and scary movies, the more my heart thumps, the better)

(sorry about the bad dream though)

Jen said...

I like a good scary story and movie but I will pay for it for weeks later.

Barbaloot said...

I tend to not believe in ghosts...until it's late at night and I'm all alone and hear strange noises. Then I'm pretty sure they exist.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad there are other people out there that hate scary movies! I even change the channel on the TV when a commercial for a scary movie comes on!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ghost Hunters, A Haunting, anything paranormal related...!






BOO!

Meeko Fabulous said...

Hi Sara! I'm not allowed to watch those shows when I'm home alone anymore because I end up freaking myself out. LOL I get all ultra paranoid too. I'm such a fraidy cat! Now . . . This morning I'm having a grape and PB uncrustable. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from Mighty M's to say hi!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

This post was hilarious!
I have to say that I do believe in ghosts, but I think Ax murderers are much bigger threat! ;)

Holly said...

LOL! That would be just my luck too that a ghost would be all like "AHA! There's someone I can haunt! She doesn't believe in me, I'll show her!"

Mrs. M said...

Too funny!! Thanks for the enjoyable, and utterly UNSCARY read!! ;-)

Erin said...

I thought the EXACT same thing about the Ghost Hunters show ... why leave them alone! My hubby watches it and I go to bed to avoid it :)

heidi said...

Blech. Patooey. *throws salt over my shoulder* The whole ghost thing heebs me out.

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

I think I was that fellow Twitter person...
I love that show. I never believed in ghosts until I started watching...I only watch from the safety of my own couch because I would be terrified of hunting ghosts. Same as the ocean...I like to look at it, but keep me a healthy distance and we're fine...

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

i pretty much am the same exact way.

scary movies are out of the question.

if i knew my friends were going to be watching one, i would tell them my parents wouldn't let me come over so that i wouldn't have to look like a wuss while they watched.

i have plenty of forced-to-watch-a-scary-movie stories and none are good!

KK said...

I refuse to read or watch scary anything! I have enough scary in my head, I don't need any more!

Helene said...

Your reference to your badly permed hair made me laugh hysterically! I also don't believe in ghosts (I think, anyway). What seems wierd to me is that suppose a ghost is trying to get in contact with a person (like say a dead relative or something like that)....why do the ghosts go to the length of scaring the crap out of that person? I mean, like lights going on and off at wierd times, hearing noises and stuff like that. Why can't the ghost just come right out and say, "Hey Dude, just checkin with you".

AiringMyLaundry said...

Oh, Ghost Hunters freaks me out. Yet I always watch. And then get freaked out at night.

I do believe in ghosts because my Mom has seen some. And she doesn't lie..

Kathy B! said...

Between the ghosts and the axe murderers I don't know how you ever go to sleep!!

You crack me up.

seriously? said...

BOO!!! OK, I am really thinking we were switched at birth or something. Or did you have my mom do a guest post for you?

FYI - Ghosts that may be reading this...stay away from my friend Sara. She is nice and does not need any haunting right now. k?

There that should take care of it. :)

Michelle said...

This did crack me up!

Kaci said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it I missed your Pay It Forward...damn work and damn the late hours working...but ya for the $$...suckers!! Told them they should make me salary.

MommyBrain said...

Oh I can so relate ... from the not wanting to admit my lack of belief for fear of being proven wrong first-hand ... to my strong dislike for scary movies ... and you totally reminded me of a funny/embarassing post from way back - http://mommybrainnw.blogspot.com/2008/04/confessions-of-scaredy-cat.html

Laurence said...

I'm new =) and you had me at "domestically challenged". I can't believe you ended up having a nightmare...Though I had a few at a young age that legitimately put the fear of God in me.

Tylenol PM works wonders for dreamless sleep ;)

Meeko Fabulous said...

Hi Friend! I didn't realize you had a button! I'm SO adding you to my page! BTW . . . You need to go get some Little Debbie Peanut Butter Bars! A box doesn't last a day in my house . . . and I'm usually the only one home! LOL

Amy said...

for some reason I could not leave a comment on your top ten. Great list. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend.

Unknown said...

Just came to your blog by accident really and boy am I glad I did. Anyway...don't even know what to say about the post except it was funny. Reminded me more of Ghost Busters than Ghost Hunters though!

Unknown said...

I do not watch scary movies & in fact, I am rather concerned about the individuals who write the scripts. I'm glad their not my neighbors. And bloody mary freaked me out!