9.07.2009

Back to school, back to school to prove to dad that I'm no fool...

..or something like that. Ready to be bored out of your wits? Here goes:
First off- caught the mouse. Built my trap, had him within an hour. Can you say told you so to my hubby? Thought so.
Secondly and stuff? Had an awesome weekend. The boys went with my parents to Wisconsin Dells, so it was just Corey and I all weekend. How did we whip it up? Sheetrocking.
Yes. We rock.
We went to dinner in St. Paul with friends on Friday night, followed by bowling and hanging out. Saturday and Sunday Corey spent the entire day hanging sheetrock. {His other half spent the entire day on Sunday shopping. Scored 2 pairs of shoes, 2 pants, 5 sweaters, 3 shirts a tank top and workout shirt...} Good news is that we are now DONE and the mudding and taping begins at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow.
My friend is doing the mudding/taping for us. She is
a) awesome at her job- she was the youngest journeywoman in her union- ever
b) a chick- she was the 2nd (her mother was the first!) woman in the union

Makes me all proud of her. She does an an amazing job. She will be done this week and we will begin painting this coming weekend.
Then? All we have left to do is
1. paint the tongue and groove wood that is going to cover the entire ceiling in the house
2. hang the ceiling
3. find some place that is not already full of crap to put the entire contents of the boys room and our room so we can lay flooring on the entire upstairs of the house
4. tile the bathroom and entryway
5. install cabinets/trim/doors
6. install backsplash in kitchen

Yep, that and both work full time jobs, take care of children and stuff. Easy peasy. I have pictures of it now, but they are on the desktop and the boys are watching a movie on the computer, so next time!

Tomorrow, I am back to work! First day of school is...long. I always have a reoccurring nightmare that I have forgotten how to teach over the summer. Luckily, it seems once I am back in front of the students it comes back. I love my job!
Now, this post is so boring I cannot bear to look at it any longer, so bye! Have a great week! I am not sure how much I will be around this week with the busy week...

45 comments:

Loukia said...

Good luck on your first day back tomorrow! I'm sure you're a fabulous teacher. And um... busy much? Wow, woman! Good luck with everything!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Have fun on your first day. And I wanna see pictures of the remodel. We're hoping to hear from the counter people this week. I'm so sick of eating out.

Foursons said...

Yeah, you caught the mouse!

Good luck this week back at school. I hope the kids let the honeymoon period last all week long!

And yikes, you are doing a major remodel. I don't know why I thought you were just doing the kitchen. I bet your getting excited, it sounds like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And once the walls are finished the dust should die down, right?

Barbaloot said...

Just hearing about all you're doing gives me a small head ache. But I'm so excited that you're moving to a new stage in everything! Can't wait for pictures:)

Tina said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of all your remodel projects!

peewee said...

It sounds like a lot of work. Ugh. I hate work. But teaching is fun! I love bossing everyone around...AND getting paid for it! HAVE FUN!!

King J's Queen said...

Good luck and best wishes on your first day back at school (well, with the kiddos at least). Hope you have a great week!

I bet your house is going to look totally amazing when you are all finished.

erin said...

omgosh! i love the new blog header/layout/background/whatever! it's very cute! all i have to suggest is that i can't see the blog title unless i have my mouse on it.

speaking of mouse... way to go you mouse hunter you!

and you'll do just fine tomorrow! hope your day goes by FAST!

Jenn said...

You are the Queen of Mouse Hunting. I shall call you for all my mouse hunting needs.

Happy First Day of School!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Hope your first day back is a good one! Glad you caught that mouse. You really changed this blog up...I had to double check that I was in the right place!

susan said...

love billy madison!!!! my fav. movie. can quote all the good parts. "shampoos betta, no conditionas betta".

Heather said...

lovin' your new blog background. very cute! i actually had someone ask me today if i had forgotten how to teach over the summer. we'll find out that answer tomorrow. hope your day goes well. before we know it, we'll be on Christmas vacation! :)

The Stiffs said...

Happy First Day of School!

Theta Mom said...

Good luck on your first day back! And, how did I miss this cute new design???!!

honeypiehorse said...

I would love a friend who can mud and tape. WHatever that is. All my friends seem to be lawyers and IT folks, who are lovely but of no use at all with house projects.

Ace said...

Like your new look!

And do we get to see before and after remodeling pics?

Trish said...

oh girl, I am exhausted just reading your post! Oh, I love your new blog design....neet-o-skeet-o

Unknown said...

Good luck today!

LOVE the new look! Veeeery nice!

"Cookie" said...

Hope the first day goes well!!

Can't wait to see pictures. We've beeen listening to all the details but want to see them!

peewee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new design!!!!!

Kathy B! said...

The new design in awesome!! Who did it?!

And hooray for catching the mouse!

And I am tired just reading all this... enjoy your first day back :)

Sarah Glova said...

I always have back-to-school nightmares!! haha! Sounds like you had a productive weekend-- SO GLAD you caught that mouse! :)

Staci said...

Love the new look on your blog! Awesome!!! Have a great first day back :)

Jen said...

I love your new look here and I wish you the best week.

Anonymous said...

you're so funny just read your mouse trap post!Glad you cought him! Hope you have an awesome first day of school!Awesome design, very creative!

Unknown said...

I'm loving the tounge & groove ceiling! And the new look!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

first of all, the new blog look is amazing! love it!

second, can't wait to see pictures of all the remodel

third, hope the first day back is going awesomely!

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow, you caught a mouse, I am so impressed. I hate those little things as much as you hate ax murders.
Love the new blog design, very cute.
Good luck at the first day of school, I know you will be great.

Simply Complex said...

I really, really, really want to see pictures. Are you guys doing the tile and kitchen backsplash by yourselves? I think you may just have to put an email together and give me pointers. We really need to do that but I am too scared to tackle it yet. It can't be that hard, right?

Christy said...

ooooo....I like your new header/background/etc. Nice. I have teacher nightmares every summer, although it usually consists of me not having a classroom, or teaching some subject I know nothing about, like math, or cooking. Generally it's the room dream though. =)

~*Michelle*~ said...

My top three thoughts.

1. new blog design is great!
2. so excited you got to shop and score some great new clothes
3. high five on your friend and the remodel, can't wait to see pics!

ps. Good luck at school......I have reoccurring dreams that I am back in school and I never remember my locker combination,

....so, it's kinda like the same, no? LOL

I bet you are going to be their favorite teacher!

Anonymous said...

Happy back to school! Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you in your house. Best of luck getting everything done. I'm in the middle of a house project too. It's long, but the end results are always worth the work.

-FringeGirl

Kameron said...

Sounds like what's going on in my house...on a much grander scale! We are only tackling 3 rooms right now! You are brave to do it all at once. :o) I love the new blog, but more love the old button, so I'll keep that one up if it's all the same to you!!!

Michelle said...

Have a great first day of school.

I hope the re-model comes to a close quickly. I could not imagine living in a construction zone. I should probably shut my mouth since my turn will come at some point in the future.

Meeko Fabulous said...

Wishing you the best first day of school ever! :)

Roxy said...

Love the NEW LOOK... way to SCORE on the shopping spree...totally wishing for some time to do that for fall clothes!
Logging the miles....about a month away~

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hope all of your students are little darlings this year!!!
LOVE your new look! :)

Foursons said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW LAYOUT! I just hopped over here to tell you that my layout matches the shoes and socks in your button. This is awesome though!

E @ Scottsville said...

Wow, I thought I was on the wrong blog page when I popped over. I think I'll miss the high heels, but this new one is GREAT! =0)

Slow down and relax... oh wait, you went shopping. What a better way to relax!

So since you were stalking me during dinner last night, you can tell me what I ate... Go ahead!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Hi. Cute blog.

Liz Mays said...

I thought we started late. This is really late. You'll get right back into the swing of things in no time, I just know it.

How exciting with your house! Not the mouse part though. I hate those little buggers but they sneak in, don't they?

Theta Mom said...

I remember thinking the same thing, "Will I remember how to, like, teach?" LOL
By Day #3, you feel as though you've been there for months already, it's so natural.

Anonymous said...

Your new layout is adorable! I looks like you have been busy, busy-- no Top Ten Thursday! It happens!

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

Look at you with your fancy-schmancy new site! Looks great!
I hope the first week of school went great!