9.16.2009

Top Ten Thursday

Yes, I know I talk about running a lot here. However? I am allowed to do so. Why? Because it is my blog.

Today, I do my TOP TEN list. Topic? TOP TEN REASONS I LOVE RUNNING/WORKING OUT.

10. I love the way my top half stays put while my bottom have shakes up and down.

9. There is always room for improvement. You can always go longer, faster, find a time to beat, ect. I love to challenge myself and running is a great way to do that.

8. What other sport takes you along roads where you can see the beauty of nature on a spring/summer/fall day? I love to look at the beauty around me. I also like to count the amount of roadkill I pass by and try to identify the dung I pass. Berries must’ve been plentiful this year.

7. You can take it anywhere. Any city, any time. I have ran in Wisconsin, Florida, on a cruise ship, Michigain..

6. You get cool nicknames like, “There goes Sara, the crazy lady who runs like 100 miles per week.” Which I don't. I can't.

5. Getting chased by dogs. I love when I am out on a run and an unleashed, unfenced dog comes after me. So exciting! Makes my heart race and my mouth foul!

4. I need something to fill the time I am not shopping.

3. The look of pride on my boys face (and my hubby’s!) when I cross the line of a race. They are so proud of all my hard work and it makes my day!

2. You get to buy running clothing, shoes, gear. I love to shop. Win- Win!

1. Mind clearing. Seriously. I am a mother, wife, teacher, who works 40 hours a week, takes care of her children, is remodeling her house, makes dinner, does laundry, reads blogs, is on umpteen committees, shops a lot.. you get the picture. I need this time. It is my time to think, clear my mind and concentrate. While my body is going through the physical, my mind is working through thinks. Therefore, the longer I go without running/working out? The more insane I get.

Got one? Link up so I can check you out. You know, after I run, paint my house and make dinner and stuff...! Seriously? My house should be nearly done in the next couple of weeks. Just have to push through. Push through. Push through...
Oh, and Okkar Lif? Your blog wouldn't let me comment the last 3 times. It hates me.


post signature

34 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, I have said it a million times, but you SERIOUSLY inspire me, I love ALL of your reasons for loving to run! :) And I also LOVE your new blog layout, SO CUTE! I really need to get a new layout and SOON!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I am so impressed with your list of reasons for loving to run. Now if I could just talk myself into running. I love your blog. I am now following you. Tami

erin said...

i think my top 10 should be reasons i hate to run! :-) speaking of which, i REALLY need to get back on the treadmill tomorrow...

hey, totally off subject question: are you allowed to have peanut butter yet? i mean, if you actually stuck with it...!

honeypiehorse said...

I love #10. I want to do one too but can't think of top 10 anything. I will continue pondering, there must be 10 of something I can talk about!

The Stiffs said...

You almost made me want to hit the pavement...almost. I need another cup of coffee.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Good for you!! I trip when I walk, there's no way I could ever run. :) BTW My counters are coming today!!!! I will have top cabinets by sunday. Next week I will be back to normal. I am so excited.

~*Michelle*~ said...

Funny stuff.....just trying to wrap my head around you liking your bottom half shaking up and down. Maybe it's because you have a small bottom...mine is more like earthquake.

Ace said...

I love the dung/berries one!

Mrs. M said...

I love #2. And I know my sister runs way more than she needs to because of the need to clear the mind and escape their "spirited" 3-year old!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh Sara...

Sara, Sara, Sara....

My personal stalker gal-pal who has been rummaging through my closet while I'm away.

Oh Sara.

Who watches through my windows as I eat dinner each night.

How I'd love it if just once you'd knock on the door so I can hug your neck, meet ya in person, and then beat you like a red-headed stepchild for taking my brand new shirt out of my closet last night.

Hmmmmph!

Unknown said...

Go you! You inspire me to run!

Amy said...

You keep on running. I will stay and run after my little one and what ever comes my way.

Barbaloot said...

Ha-if I did this it would be 10 reasons why I hate running with a fiery passion but do it anyway.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love your list! Great motivation. :)

Suzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miller Racing Family said...

I am so impressed that you run 100 miles a week. I totally agree working out is a great stress reliever. I could swim for hours and see all the stress float away.
Have a great day!

sushicookie said...

Great list. :) I totally agree with you on the peace of mind while doing it. Although I can't run much anymore.
:D Have a nice run.

Suzy said...

Running is my sanity as well. My kids and I have been sick for 3 days now and so (due to lack of time)I've been treadmilling it indoors at home~~~~ it's "exercise" but it just doesn't do it for me, you know?! I MISS running outside in the early morning!!
Loved your inspiring Top Ten List!

Foursons said...

#1 Reason why I don't run: It hurts.

Kathy B! said...

Sigh. After reading this I'm feeling guilty for NOT running. I might, just might, have to give it a try...

The Mother said...

I am not a runner, but this is exactly how I feel about weight lifting. I do know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

love to run!I think mind clearing is the number one reason I love it. I hate it though when a dog is unleashed or when it's getting darker and although I have the proper gear I'm scared they might not see me. Everything else I love, oh also when your in running shape you can eat without guilt:)

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud envisioning you being chased by a dog...I may even pay to see that ;)

susan said...

when i first read your list, i thought there is NO WAY i could come up with 10 reasons, but i did. yay for running!!! great list.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

First your blog layout looks great. Love your list. Hate those loose dogs too.

peewee said...

I used to love running too...until it ruined BOTH my knees :( I miss it sometimes.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

i wish i could be a dedicated runner like you... you actually make it sound appealing with this list. but honestly i don't think my knees or my lungs could handle it!

~*Michelle*~ said...

ACK.....did I goof when I made up my own Top Ten list? Although I do workout, I would never be able to think of three reasons why I like it, LOL.....nevermind ten.

Forgive me.....I am a newb.

amanda said...

love the list. i love the one about saying 'there's the crazy lady who runs.' i've said/thought that about ppl who run around our town. sorry. :0)

Stephanie said...

Love that you get chased by a dog!! Eeek..you are a brave brave girl:)

Laura Marchant said...

I have always wanted to be a runner but man it's hard stuff, lol. I'll keep trying :-)

Jennifer said...

I wish, wish, wish I had the mental strength to run like you! But once my knees start singing (after three minutes, that is), I just stop! LOL!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I really ought to run more.

But I worry if I start, people might think I need medical attention when they see me breathing heavily and keeling over.