1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do :
The elbow is the strongest point on your body.
If you are close enough to use it, do!
2.Learned this from a tourist guide.
If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse,
DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you.....
Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you,
and he will go for the wallet/purse.RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
This I can get behind. Fine. Have it, it is probably full of receipts and junk anyway.
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, (What!?! why? why would I be thrown in the trunk of a car? I am sweet and innocent)
kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy..The driver won't see you, but everybody else will.This has saved lives..
That's right folks, if you see a hand frantically waving out the back end of a car from the tail light- something probably ain't going well for them.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their chequebook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!)
The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head,and tell you where to go.
AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.... If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, Repeat:DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car.
Your Air Bag will save you.If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location..(Totally agree with this. I do not want an ax murderer putting my body in a remote location. At all.)
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware:look around you,look into your car,at the passenger side floor ,
and in the back seat (and if you are me, look for your keys, chances are, you've left them in the trunk or somewhere else like that. Therefore breaking #4. Might as well write myself off now.(
B.) If you are parked next to a big van,(DON'T- everyone knows nothing good happens in a big van.) enter your car from the passenger door.
Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle,
and the passenger side... If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. (You may also want to use this as an excuse to buy something else at the mall- better safe than sorry, you can tell your mate)
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
(And better paranoid than dead.)Yes, yes, yes.
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs..
Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot.
(This is especially true at NIGHT!)(Ignore all those health ads telling us lazy Americans to use the stairs- your booty being big is better than a dead booty.)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control,
ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target)
4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women.He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
(Duly noted. Next time I see a person limping, I will kick them.)
9. Another Safety Point:
Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was lateand she thought it was weird.. The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door..'
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.' He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.
(Fabulous. Not only do I have to listen for my kids, I need to listen for ax murderers pretending to be kids. What in the world. Oh? And if you WOULD open the window? WHAT??? no way. nope.)
10. Water scam!If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe,
DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people (ax murderers, I am certain) turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go outto investigate and then attack.(with axes)
Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbours!

54 comments:
Thought of you today as I folded laundry and watched "The Shining" on TV. I love all of the scary movies on this time of year, but they all make me think of you! (um, not because you're scary!)
Way to freak the rest of us out! Now anytime there's something wrong with my house I'm gonna think someone's lying in wait to get me!
I am totally going to try the kicking out the rear lights.
I freakin' hate those stupid e-mails! They scare the crap out of me! Now I'll go home and sit there with the alarm on and all the lights on. Thanks . . . LOL! :)
Thanks for all the advice!! LOL, creepy and scary. BUT... I did get to wondering. When was the last time we heard of anyone being attacked with an Ax? Seriously... I'm scratching my head. I think this list of advice probably has them all confused!! ;-)
I am just like you...this didnt help my paranoia any!
I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep and suck my thumb.
Don't forget to avoid any perfume samples. It could be an ax murderer just waiting to drug you with cloraphyll and then steal your keys and stuff you in your trunk.
And, don't forget about the boogeyman who hides under your car and will grab your ankles as you try to get in.
Maybe it would just be better if all us women just stayed at home and never ventured out into that big old scary world where there are so many just waiting to get us. (Just a little sarcasm there.)
We all do have to be vigilant, men and women alike. Yes, bad things do happen, even to people who don't have unsafe habits. And, really, these tips are good, and I do take them seriously. But, my goodness, it's almost enough to make a person paranoid.
Is it sad that every time I get a new car (OK, like three times) I check to see where the emergency trunk release is? You know it's in there, right? It's for kids playing to get out. (And by kids playing, I mean being very silly and locking siblings in the trunk and then suffocating!) But, it also helps if someone stuffs you in the trunk!
So for the rest of the winter... when things are spookiest always go in a pair. Soon your boys will be protecting you.
I watched part of the shining last night too! LMAO by the way! Your comments are great!
oh great!I am already paranoid after reading the book the gift of fear few years back now i just had to read your post. Cuz I am nosey like that!
Now I wont be able to sleep ROFL well I least I will have an interesting post tomorrow on my blog. How the night went after reading your blog post OMG
sweet dreams girlie,
Grissell
stay-at-homemomwhoknew.blogspot.com
Maybe next time you can change your title to instead of friendly email LMAO
To:
IF a baby cries, the water bursts or there comes a knock on the door don't worry it's just a serial killer! OMG ROFL LOLOLOLOL
Great advice and things like this need to be seen over and over so that it becomes like a reflex.
Thanks for the laughs. It is good advice, but your comments are just too funny.
i've read this a couple times before, but i LOVED reading it with your comments. i busted out in laughter when you said next time you saw someone limping you were gonna kick them. haha. that is SO funny!
#7 made me laugh. "run in a zig-zag motion". i can just see myself running around like a crazy screaming all the while someone is shooting at me.
#8's commentary was too funny.
I've never heard the one about hearing the outside water running. I'm a pretty clueless person. Don't be surprised to see my picture on Nancy Grace some night.
Thanks for the laughs tonight!! I needed that - I lovvvvvvee your blog!
Love your notes!!
Thanks! Now I'm never leaving my house again. :)
I love this. I posted it too the other day. t's SO important to know how to take care of ourselves and our famlies :)
LOL! This is totally scary! Love your notes. Now I have to watch out for vans and poor people with canes. I honestly think some of these are alittle ridiculous and meant to scare the person most of the time! There is this intercom on NYC buses that says "Keep you belongings close to you, watch out for pickpocketers. In crowded buses before you know the person in front of you bumps into you, while their accomplice steals your wallet." I always laugh when I hear that, what kind of community is that encouraging!? After that line, we all look at eachother and we're thinking "could he be the accomplice?" again its ridiculous, especially when I'm on the bus with a bunch of elderly people just trying to get home from work.
LOL Oh my..love your comments! If you are a spaz so am I!
Okay, this just freaked me out even more than I'm already freaked out. But actually some of these I didn't even know....like about kicking out the tailgate lights and entering your car from the passenger side.
I know all about the water thing only because remember awhile back someone was messing with our breakers on the side of the house?? And my dumb husband went outside to investigate it. He could have been hacked to death. Geez...
Oh dear, you crack me up! That's pretty much what I think on all of those. My theory, something or someone is going to get me eventually. No one gets out alive and I'm too tired to worry about all that. I will NOT take the elevator however, being trapped is the worst!
I got that email a few years ago. I am loving your additional comments, though. It makes reading it so much better!
Wow, Kristina is really onto something with her fear of babies!
Another time you make me spray my coffee all over my desk.....
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!
I think I'll stay home for the rest of my life.
Thank you so much for passing by my blog.
Have a great day!!
I'm following:)
I'm sorry but I laughed out loud when you said "kick the limping person."
These are good tips. Most of which I'm good about doing. another tip.... as you're walking to your car, have your car key between your fingers in a fist fashion..... this allows your key to become a weapon of sorts. :)
You are going to become a recluse if you keep this up! ;o) You're starting to freak me out now, and I don't usually worry about ax murderers!!!
I read this out loud to my boyfriend last night over dinner and had a good giggle. Then I made him get up and lock all the windows and doors. Thanks...
Sad, but true. I guess it is just the state of the world today, no? I don't know about you, but I am super hesitant to jump in on someone's behalf.
The world is a scary, scary place. I'll have the covers over my head with you!
i've gotten that email a couple of times & each time is scares the crap out of me....but, i ALWAYS read it;
you never know if the perps have changed something or added something.
what are women supposed to do?
not go out of the 'freakin' house!!!
geesh....
you 'red' comments are hilarious!!!
Why Why Why do friends send things like this out???
Love your comments as always funny girl!
YIKES!! I am scared to just be. I cant feel bad for those less fortunate. Can you protest the water bill once it comes in because a bad guy did it? And whats up with not listening to babies cry? OH NO!! This is horrible. Glad for the tips - but YIKES!!!
i have seen this email a ton of times before and it always leaves me terrified to leave my house or have any windows and doors open/unlocked. I have to say reading it with your comments was probably one of the funniest things! I love your comments on number 8 - seriously, i started having tears i was laughing so hard!
LOL. i got this email awhile back as well. i love your comments! so very true. have you seen taken? it's a great movie...it'll make you paranoid to travel to france though! lol.
I have received this tips as well, but some are urban legnnds based on some truth here and there. I recommend checking out any FWD email you get with snopes.com. They investigate everything out there and they show you the etiology, basis, everything. It is awesome!
haha the same kind that puts it on her blog :)
I've gotten this email and it gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm with you on the crying kid thing...how bizarre is that?
You really do have something against ax murders don't you....geeeeezzzzzzz!!!!!
thanks for stopping by my blog today! :0)
Thanks for the sweet dreams I will NOT have tonight. Ah ha ha
oh now I think I'm gonna get nightmares if I hear a baby crying, it might just give me a phobia!!LOL!
My father continually sends these types of emails to my sisters and I. I have to go to the grocery store this morning... I just hope there are no serial killers lurking about, but if there are I am sooo totally prepared!
This did have some great tips but your notes were hilarious and this definitely didn't help my paranoia. BTW, I've been in a trunk a few times and I've never noticed where the rear lights were. Hopefully, if I were to be in a trunk because of someone kidnapping/trying to kill me I would notice them.
I've got this list before except #10 is a new addition. Scary stuff.
Sara, you are a scream. Literally had me laughing out loud at your little comments in RED. You go girl.
I'm right there with ya on the going back in and shopping thing. BUT I do use the stairs. I don't excercise, so I use the stairs.... and my @$$ is only getting bigger and bigger, so the stairs will help.
Your invite? You think you need an INVITE?
Asher, you come down and visit and we'll take you to see all kinds of animals, I promise! I'll even give you some free baby kitties. You'll love 'em!!!
Tell you mommy she's invited too, but only if she leaves her AX YIELDING friends behind!
just saw your comment on my post -- lol :o)
my oldest, elijah does the same thing!!!
gee thanks lol...
Post a Comment