11.02.2009

Coats and Crap

There is not alot anything at all actually, that I like about winter. It is cold, windy, cold, icy, and not fun. Why do we still live here? we are too wimpy to move and there are no jobs anywhere in this economy Well, because of our family of course.
Anyway. There is only a couple of things I actually enjoy about winter and one of them is....

POCKETS! Yes. I love pockets. Give me a good pocket, and I'll fill 'er up. Just Saturday, I washed one of my winter jackets, (yes, I have 5. I am currently convincing the hubs I need a new North Face to go with my North Face Apex shell, even though he says I got a new jacket last year, and the year before, and the year before. Besides, in MN?You don't wear cute wool jackets because it is like, -50 half the year. So, you go for warmth. Even though hubs says the only time my tush sees the outdoors is to and from the car and house. Moving on.)
Pockets. I love a good pocket. So...as I was saying...I washed my jacket Saturday and by Monday?

I'm here. A few receipts, a pen, money, chapstick, little holder thingie, my phone (which I used to take the pic and is therefore not shown.) By Tuesday? I'll have those pockets so loaded it'll look like I have upper saddle bags.

Why don't I just shove this all in my handbag? I think that speaks for itself.

post signature

35 comments:

{Kimber} said...

not that I want -50...but I'd settle for being able to wear a winter coat at all!!!

Mrs. M said...

I always get so mad when I forget to clear out my pockets before I do laundry!! Don't you just kind of feel lost if you don't have any pockets? :)

Kristina P. said...

My purses are such a mess!

Unknown said...

LOL, your purse looks like mine does! And I heart pockets too! :) Hope you are doing good, stay warm!

Barbaloot said...

I don't love the cold either---but I think it's a little less intense here in Utah than MN. Good luck!

But the fun thing about breaking out coats? Finding things you left in the pocket from last winter!

The Mother said...

Really, I have no idea how you managed to get pictures of the stuff in my pockets.

At least you didn't post pictures of my incredibly disorganized and messy handbag.

Ace said...

What I love is going through the pockets of my coats from last year! This year all I found were a couple cough drop wrappers and a used tissue (I was sick more of last winter) but hubs has found $20 in one of his before!

Meeko Fabulous said...

Oh you women and your purses . . . Why don't you tell Corey you're gonna go get a Coach purse or a D&G purse instead of a coat? Then tell him to choose . . . A $500 purse? Or a much less expensive coat? Hmmm . . . Decisions . . . ;)

Helene said...

I love pockets too!!! Who needs mittens when you have awesome deep pockets in your jackets!

Amy said...

Love it. I just cleaned out my pocket of my coat I wore to a Halloween party and I had a lot of stuff in both pockets.

More Than Words said...

What??? -50?????? Oh my gosh!!

Liz Mays said...

All I ever find in my pockets is wads of used kleenex. :(

King J's Queen said...

You need a food stash in there. I'm thinkin' a jar of peanut butter.

Heather said...

one spring i purposefully left money in my coat pocket so i could be "surprised" in the fall/winter when i wore it again. crazy, i know. but it sure was fun that november to find it! :)

Jen said...

I am like this too. I just put on my winter coat yesterday and found all kinds of treasures in my pockets.

Amber Page Writes said...

For me, the best part about pulling out the winter coats (I have several too), is finding last year's treasures. This year I found $20. It seriously made my day.

Cass said...

I love pockets too! LAst week I grabbed my jacket from last year out of the closet...and there was $5 in the pocket! Just enough for a trip to my local barista!

Kathy B! said...

I think you and I might be long lost sisters :)

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

My son is the same way. If he has pockets, they are filled with something. I have to remember to check before I wash. :)

CanadianMama said...

Hey I just found your blog and I'm loving it!

Michelle said...

I am jealous of your 5 coats but not your cold weather. One of my favorite parts of Maryland is that fact is doesn't get as cold as Colorado and hardly snows.

I have had the same Columbia coat for about 7 years now. The zipper pull broke and I still wear it. It was an almost $200 coat with a lot of life left so I will probably have it for another 5 years.

Alicia said...

I hate the winter too! I would much rather be hot than cold!

erin said...

ohhhh....i love pockets too. especially when i find long lost money in them!

Kaci said...

My purse is a mess too...and my pockets...sigh. I always wash a dollar or two or twenty and then when I fold laundry I'm like SCORE! =)

Kameron said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one whose purse looks like that!! I could clean the dang thing out daily and it would still look like that somehow! Oh is that the Pomegranet Burt's Bees?? I have that one! I love it!

Trish said...

I hate chapstick!!! I think it should be ban!!!! I have washed so many tubes and ruined too many loads of laundry that have grease circles all over them...the hubs fault of course for not taking it out of his pocket before putting them in the laundry.

CAUSE I REFUSE TO CHECK POCKETS BEFORE WASHING!!!!!!!

Trish said...

oh....can I borrow one of your many coats for the weekend????

I leave for New York Friday night....I promise I'll give it back with a snotty kleenex in the pocket for ya....just kidding :O)

Tracie said...

I hate cold weather! We get some here but not nearly as much as in MN. I feel for you!

~*Michelle*~ said...

I laughed out loud at saddlebags.....

Not only do I load up my pockets (and pocketbook) with tons of useless crap, so does my children. So I am very "a-skeered" to reach it for fear I might pull out a used bandaid, melted chocolate or a tissue with boogers. neat.

The Good Cook said...

Love pockets and loads of coats to choose from.. I also love scarves! I have enough scarves that I can wear a different one every day of the month - it's like getting a new coat, just add a different scarf and voila! new look...

Mayhem and Moxie said...

It is as I long suspected. Your life is far more interesting than mine. Even your jacket pockets are testament to this!

:)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I have no idea how you handle the Minnesota weather! Not for me!!!

Mama4Real said...

GeeZ! I had to scroll for like an hour to get a word in edgewise! ;)

I LOVE THE COLD! You must be one of those "I grocery shop in my bikini" people (was that YOU on Peopleofwalmart.com? ha!). The more clothing the BETTER! Pile me on some wool, some fleece and some down, and I'll be good to go!!!!

It SOOOO beats the death of TX heat! FOR. REAL. You will run away crying if you ever come here in the summer.

E @ Scottsville said...

I'm tellin ya girl, just come on down to Texas! It's 77 degrees outside right now, the skies are a gorgeous blue, we're still in shorts!

You know you wanna! Ignore the comment above me that bashes Texas - listen to MEEEE!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Does your bag way a thousand pounds? I always get on my Mom about that! ah ha