11.12.2009

Top 10 Thursday

Top Ten Thursday Button
That's right. Taking a break from my chaotic week to bring you TOP TEN THURSDAY. Birthday Edition.
It is Elijah's 7th, yes 7th, 7th, 7th, birthday. I am the mother of a seven year old. Seven. Seven.
not in denial, not in denial

Here are my TOP TEN SEVEN MEMORIES of his past seven years:

7. The time he ate his own poo. It was a bad time for him, even worse for me. A young 15 months, he decided to give it a try. Luckily, as the nurse line informed me, eating your own poo is not toxic.

6. How he was obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine and all things train until he was 3 1/2. When I say obsessed, I mean OBSESSED. Think Twilight fans. He only played with trains, talked about trains, watched train shows, and did train things. If it was not trains, he did not care.
He is currently the same about NASA. Apparently he has an obsessive personality.

5. The time, at 2 1/2, he pulled the fire alarm at a sporting goods store. Him and I were waiting for Corey to pull the car up (hey, it was February and COLD!) The store had put a bench right under the fire alarm. Elijah stood on the bench and pulled it. Yes, the store lights went dim and started blinking. Yes, the fire trucks came. Yes, the police made me fill out a report on the incident.
Son's name ma'am: Elijah
Age: 2
Did he do this intentionally? Um, he is 2 YEARS OLD. Really? Really??
(Oh, and did I mention that my hubby sat in the car the whole time and would not come in?)

4. Memories of him and his Uncle Brian. Brian loved his nephews and spoiled them rotten. He would have snacks in his truck just for Elijah, so whenever he saw Elijah, he'd have a treat for him. He let Elijah push him around in his wheelchair and crash him into things, or do whatever he wanted. Bri loved spoiling him.

3. Snuggling with daddy.
Core is a snuggler.
Elijah is a snuggler.
They love to snuggle together. (Yep, check those sentences. I just taught a lesson on combining predicates too.)
Corey snuggled Elijah to sleep until he was 3 years old. Every single night, they would sit in the recliner together and he would rock Elijah to sleep. I think Core about cried when Elijah got to old for that.

2. The first time I held him. Actually,
I don't remember it too well, I believe I was in shock. I will never forget the moment I first realized I was a mommy, and that I was responsible for this amazing little man. Guilt, worry and terror soon followed.

1. All the memories to come. He is an amazing, silly, analytical, goofy little seven year old. I cannot wait for all the memories to come.

I love you Elijah!
Join us if you'd like! You do not have to choose my topic. In fact? It might be creepy if you did. Pick a list and have fun!


post signature

32 comments:

The Stiffs said...

Happy Birthday to the sweet boy!

Amy said...

Happy 7th. What a great list. Love the fire alarm that is too funny... Why did they put the bench there. We love Snow White, Little Mermaid and Curious George...

Loukia said...

What a totally awesome! I loved reading this... I loved your list of 7... AND AND AND: Happy 7th BIRTHDAY to your big boy! Wow...you have a 7 year old! ;) Enjoy!

Deb said...

Congrats on 7 years as a mom. Awesome list! Happy birthday to your little guy!

Patricia said...

happy birthday...

eating your own poo?// now that's one to go down in the memory books *LOL*

Meeko Fabulous said...

Awww! Happy birthday little buddy! :)

Foursons said...

Good to know that it is safe to eat your own poo. Thanks for the public service announcement.

From trains to NASA- I think you may have an engineer on your hands.

The fire alarm thing cracked me up and made me laugh even harder that hubby stayed in the car the whole time and did not claim to know you. Bahahahaha

Uncle Brian memories...so sweet and so sad at the same time.

Snuggling with Daddy...AWWWWW!

What a sweet, sweet boy you have! Happy Birthday to the big 7 year old!

Kristina P. said...

Happy birthday to Elijah! I suspect he will never live down that first oen.

Trish said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!!!!!

And if you think your in denial now....just wait til he turns 13!!!!! YEP....Kyle's girlfriend came over for the first time on Tuesday night "to watch a movie"....YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a sweet post about your little man!!! I have to admit, the poop eating and fire alarm pulling incidents had me laughing! I hope he has a great birthday!

"Cookie" said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!! HOpe he had a good one! :)

Glad I haven't experienced the eating of poo. I might would just puke! He's obsessive about trains and now NASA like you are with running. All good things to be crazy about.

King J's Queen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELIJAH!!!

PS - I caught Princess E eating her own poo, too. Yep, right after she was discharged from the hospital after being in there for rotavirus. She was 18 months. Glad to know someone else has done it too.

honeypiehorse said...

Is other people's poo poisonous? I mean, obviously it's not good, but will it kill you?

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!!! LOL thats pretty funny he pulled the fire alarm!! :)

Miller Racing Family said...

What a sweet boy, I hope he has a fabulous birthday.
This post reminds me of the saying boys will be boys and no matter what they get into you can't help but love them.
Have a great time partying!

The Mother said...

Four words: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Although all four of them will currently deny it. Vigorously.

[Note to honeypiehorse: not unless it has a bad bug in it. And a lot of them do. Everyone's gut flora is a tad different.]

Tracie said...

Happy Birthday!! I love your list!

Anonymous said...

That's a very sweet (and quite funny in parts) post for you little man! Happy Birthday to him! I love the story about the fire alarm! I'm not sure my husband would have gotten out of the car either! And it's good to know you son had a train obsession and has moved on. My son is that way with his cars. Cars, cars, cars...he's a maniac about it. I could throw away ALL of the other toys in our house and he'd know no different!

Mrs. M said...

Those are some very memorable memories!! Happy Birthday to Elijah!!

Mayhem and Moxie said...

I'm confused. How can Elijah possibly be 7 years old? I thought you were only 25. :)

Happy birthday to your beautiful, sweet boy, my friend!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!

The poo thing cracked me up! Glad to know its safe though!

The train thing...my DAUGHTER is 5 and loves trains (& ironically princesses) and when we come to train tracks we have to stop & look. If there is a train down the tracks we "have" to wait on it...she freaks out of we dont!

Why do mommy's always have to deal with the "embarassing" things like pulling the fire alarm, calling 911 and hanging up and then the cops showing up, or the comments that shouldnt be made in public!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Elijah. Such fun memories....except the poo, not fun, just funny (after the fact).

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

Eating poop...oh the memories!

Happy Birthday!

Roxy said...

the own poo experience...yikes...Never had that one... hope he had a GREAT day!!
Enjoy that chocolate...it's all in moderation

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, Happy Birthday to Elijah!!!

I soooo remember that moment when they handed Cameron to me and I realized "I'm responsible for this little human in such delicate form? Seriously? Me! You guys trust me with him???" and then they even let me KEEP HIM! ha ha ha

Wow, what a life-changing day that was for me.... the bonding, the holding....awwww. Thanks for the memories, Sara. =0)

Stephanie said...

Bwahah
I can't believe Hubby stayed in the car while you filled out a report saying your 2 year old intentionally pulled a fire alarm!

~*Michelle*~ said...

Happy Belated birthday Elijah!!

I hope your day was as special as your mom knows you are!

Kaci said...

I'm so late...but Happy Birthday!! May he never pull a fire alarm again or eat his own poo. =)

erin said...

elijah has an obsessive personality?! gee, i wonderwhere he gets that from?!

loved reading the list!!! happy birthday elijah!!

Amber Page Writes said...

Awww! happy late birthday to elijah! The poo? Good to know. The rocking? Just awesome.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Happy 7th Birthday to a sweet little man!!

I LOVE the fire alarm story, especially daddy staying in the car:)

Frugal Vicki said...

Now that kid has some STYLE! I like number five the best, and if my two year old did the same, I would think the little stinker did it on purpose