12.20.2009

Not Me Monday!


I'm back. Sorta alive and well. I mean, let's get to it, is any of us alive and going great this week?!
I'm about 12,3kd posts behind on all of you and falling faster. I will catch up though, I will.
In the meantime? Haven't been up to the following.

So Elijah and I went to my sister's house to spend the night and shop. While shopping, for Christmas gifts for others, I did not gift myself with 2 sweaters, new work pants and new pair of Seven's (killer deal, I swear.)

The next morning, my mom, sis and I took the 3 boys to breakfast with Santa at the downtown Hilton. While there, Asher {did not} dip his hands into the frosting for cookie decorating, then follow it by dipping in the chocolate chips. (Hand=cookie? I don't know, saves some calories and easy to eat...)
My same lil angel {did not} climb up onto the display at our Macy's holiday display. (In my defense, if this had happened, it was because it was quite crowded and I couldn't get up to him fast enough. No permanent damage was done.)
Again, same lil dude {did not} run up to me Saturday morning and say,
"Mama! Daddy and I went to the purse store and bought you a purse. We ate Dairy Queen and drove far in the left lane and saw police!"
That present is {not} sitting a mere 6.23 feet from me right now...tempting me...tempting me...

You know, my house is 75% done with the remodel. However, my bathroom vanity is not complete. I have been curling my hair on my dresser until it is done. I may have dropped the curling iron on the floor earlier in the day. Upon walking over it 133 a couple of times, I thought I should pick it up. Against better judgement, I {did not} decide to touch the thing with my foot to see if it was. {It wasn't.}
Knowing my husband would tease me, lecture me and all sorts of stuff I {did not} try to hide it from him until he noticed I had an ice pack wrapped around my foot. Loving man he is, he {did not} tease me the rest of the night.

I'm out...if I survive the day (students are not a bit whipped up right now...) I'll be over to read what's up with you tonight! Check MckMama for more!

post signature

39 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I hope you have a relaxing week!

Alicia said...

How is your foot doing? I saw that on twitter the other day. I hope you have a great week and a very Merry Christmas!

AiringMyLaundry said...

A purse, huh? Nice!

Elyse said...

Gotta love kids and dads telling them not to say anything ;) Hope you survive school today :o
~Elyse

Betty Manousos said...

Sarah, hope you're having a wonderful festive week. How nice a new purse!
hugs hugs

KK said...

I am {not} angry that I have to work this week :)

honeypiehorse said...

Ow! Did you burn your foot?

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Good luck with the kids this week. I don't miss teaching right before vacations.

Shell said...

My kids did NOT do stuff like that at their Christmas party...LOL

Good job on finding a deal on Sevens, I'm jealous!

Teaching right before the holidays. Yikes. The year I was pregnant with my oldest, I told my principal that I couldn't teach that last week(there were 3 days) and she had a fit. I ended up having my baby over that weekend, so I really couldn't teach then- at least she had a longer heads up to find a sub.

Kmama said...

Sorry you still have students! All the schools around us are closed, as of last Friday. Of course, I'm at work. Blah.

I can't believe you touched the iron with your foot. LOL

Trish said...

I will have to give that "hand cookie" thing a try!

Sara said...

OUCH! Hope your foot is feeling better!

Barbaloot said...

Your foot story is hurting me! Hope you get to have a little bit more relaxed couple days before Christmas:)

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I've been wondering about your remodel. I was hoping, for your sanity, that it was gonna be done before Christmas. I guess not. :) Try and relax. :)

Theta Mom said...

This is when I don't miss teaching before a vacay. The kids are INSANE!

Have a wonderful holiday Sara!

Amy said...

As I get to know you more you are so much like me. I would have done the same thing with my foot too. I wanted to wish you and your Family a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I really enjoy reading your blog you make me smile and laugh.. Thanks..

Nicole said...

LOL awwww I hope you're foot is better! btw if you throw some white flour on your foot where its burned (as long as the burn didn't break skin) it will prevent it from bubbling up and swelling!) I know its gross but it works! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!

LucieP said...

You're still in school?! Our kids got out last Wednesday....ooh now I am REALLY feeling for you!

Loved the pic from your Macy's trip...they look sooooo sweet! ;)

Jen said...

I hope that you survive!

The Oxford Family said...

Ha ha! I love the curling iron story! Hope your foot heals soon!

Unknown said...

Sarah,

I just posted my first ever Not Me Monday and I went shopping, too---for others. And came home w/ some new things for myself. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!! I just felt like I deserved something good after my crappy Friday!

E @ Scottsville said...

Ya know, the stores are brilliant! They know that while out doing our Christmas shopping for OTHERS, we wind up buying all kinds of great deals for ourselves. I've done it EVERY TIME I'VE shopped in the past few weeks. What the heck is wrong with me? But I can't pass up a deal!

Besides, it's not like I have a HUSBAND shopping for me this year. Hmpph!

Miller Racing Family said...

Oh, how I love your not me Monday's. Your boys remind me of Trey in so many ways. We will just say we have the normal kids, all the rest are wild and out of control.
I hope you have a great Christmas break, my boys are out of school on Tuesday.
Have a great day!

Mrs. M said...

Oh, ouch! On Thanksgiving I burned my arm on the oven because I was trying to check the turkey without anyone seeing my backside in my low rise jeans!! :)

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Ah, the curling iron. I did NOT burn my forehead with it this weekend and it did NOT form a scab right smack in the middle.

Thankfully, I DO have bangs to cover that mess right up. Just hope the wind doesn't blow much till it heals.

Margaret said...

Sounds like you had a long week. I hope this one goes better for you!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That made me think of Michael and his Foreman grill foot. Ah ha ha. Let's hear it for mama deserving a vacay!

Pres. Kathy said...

Can't wait to see pics of your new purse!!! Enjoy the week!

Anonymous said...

awesome!!Love purses, I'm hoping I get one too! Crossing my fingers!

Loukia said...

GOOD LUCK with the rest of this week - and most importantly - MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!!! xo

Loukia said...

... and to your family, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm cookie hands :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Your poor foot! That definitely sounds like something I would do!

Betty Manousos said...

Sarah, just passing by to wish you plenty of well-deserved happiness to you and your family!
Merry Xmas!

erin said...

gosh the foot story kills me! too funny! that is SO something i would do!

Haley said...

That foot story just cracked me up! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Kaci said...

Ouchie foot!! Been there done that though with the back of my hand. DOH!

Merry Christmas Running Muse! =)

Rachel said...

Your life does NOT sound like mine! (especially the whole kid climbing on a display thing... I've never blogged about my kiddo's display destruction powers :)

Mandi said...

You crack me up... I love you girl!!!

Mandi
www.ourwonderfulcrazybeautifullife.com