12.10.2009

Top 10 Thursday


Top Ten Thursday Time! {oh, and don't forget to enter the giveaway below!}

Today Zeemaid from In The Mommy Trenches is hosting, with her Top Ten People she would love to meet...check her out. Me? This week I am all about the Top Ten Reasons I Dislike Snow...

10. It's cold- like thinkg -9 below windchill yesterday. (And yes, it will get worse)

9. It is wet

8. It blows in your face.

7. It blows in your car when you open the door. Even when you brush it off you still have a wet bum after sitting on it.

6. It gets in your shoes, making your socks all wet and soggy.

5. Right as you get the car cleared off, and warmed up, you get to your destination. Then, you are forced out into the elements again.

4. It is ugly when it gets all gray and muddy.

3. My son won't stop eating the stuff

2. I slip and fall sometimes. Albeit gracefully done, it is still a pain.

1. Fine. Is is acceptable to have a bit during the Christmas Season, as it makes the lights look pretty, but other than that? No.

post signature

44 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww ... I LOVE snow! Maybe because we don't get much?

Ace said...

I used to hate snow, mostly just driving in it. But now that we live somewhere that doesn't get much (or any) I would give anything to go out and build a snowman.

Amy said...

OH I will have to agree with you on all of this right now. Here are my top ten...

1. your car can slide on the hidden ice and hit a curb and break.

2. you can't see out the window of your house because white stuff is blowing around and covering it.

3. Snow plows clear the streets when they can only to leave you stuck in your house.

4. the wind wiping at your face is no fun.

5. it is flipping cold

6. husband has to get out there and work in it and you hope he comes home soon. (he did finally)

7. letting the dog out..

8. dragging snow in the house from your shoes because you let the dog out.

9. While letting the dog out his chain is frozen and not using your head you put it up to your mouth and your tongue gets stuck and you begin to fill the side of your mouth pull. (I know what was I thinking)

10. Fall on your butt and having to uncover all of the pipes outside so you do not have any problems.

There you have it . I am not happy with the snow either..

Did I say it is flipping cold?

Anonymous said...

I only like some snow for the holiday's and that is it!

Barbaloot said...

Oh-top ten. Haven't done that in awhile. I'm liking the snow for December, but at soon as January hits I'll be over it for sure.

I think I'll save the ten people for next Thursday maybe... I like that one.

Trish said...

I hate snow too! The worst part for me is that my work refuses to close for snow or bad weather!!!!

The only thing I like about snow is making snow cream....yummy!!!!

L said...

I love snow...until it gets gray and disgusting. Especially in the city it's a MESS to get through.

Kristina P. said...

Yes! Who wants to be cold and wet?!?!

Jamee said...

I love snow! I only want it to be cold if it is snowing. Cold just for the sake of being cold is no fun. Maybe I should move up north!

Stephanie said...

Oh how I hate the wet bum from the snow that squeaks in as you dash into your car!!

Pres. Kathy said...

I love the snow, but not the cold!

Mrs. M said...

I tend to slip and fall too. At least the ice gives me a good excuse!

Nicole said...

I hate when my feet get all cold and snowed and soggy! its horrible!

one good reason to love snow and why i love the snow - you can make slushies! just go out to the snow with a cup, fill cup with snow and put juice in cup with snow, mix and you get a slushy! (fyi you should be in a really warm place before eating or else it will just make you even more cold from when you were out in the snow with cold soggy feet!)

Miller Racing Family said...

I totally agree with you I highly dislike winter. I don't mind snow if I don't have to get out in it and if no one plays in it. I hate when it gets all messed up.
It is freezing here so I hoping for warmer days.
Stay warm!

The Stiffs said...

After Iceland for 3+ years... it's below the mason dixon line for me!

Helene said...

We don't get snow here so all the reasons you hate snow are probably the same reasons why I would love it....for like 15 minutes and then I'd probably hate it.

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I don't like snow either but I would like it for 2 days when the kids and hubs is off so we can all play in it. And also on Christmas. I hate when it gets in your car..especially in your pants leg.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I am thankful we haven't had any except, this morning we woke to a light dusting. I can still see the grass underneath it, and the sidewalks are kinda clear. But I'm in Michigan, so I know we'll get snowed it soon enough.

Amber Page Writes said...

Amen, sister. It also gets caught in my dog's paws, then tracked into my house, where it dissolves into soggy puddles which I inevitably step in...with bare feet!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love snow, too! We don't get nearly as much as you, though! The only thing I hate about snow is driving in it!

E @ Scottsville said...

Well, you could move down to Texas... then on the rare occasion that you DO see it, you'll go running outside with camera in hand and find yourself doing weird thing in it!

See here.

ha ha ha

amanda said...

oh yes!! i agree. we got 15 inches yesterday!! blech.

Shell said...

Brrr! I do NOT miss the snow.

Meeko Fabulous said...

I would love to have a white Christmas, but here in Southern Cali we're a bunch of little biznatches and start to complain at the very onset of cold. LoL! :)

Jen said...

Since we are in the middle of a blizzard, I am not really sure how I feel about it.

Liz Mays said...

I couldn't even breathe on the way to the mailbox today because the snow was slapping me silly!

Mandi said...

I did your top ten today! It was the first time I did it and it was fun!!!

Oh, btw... I have a new url now!

www.ourwonderfulcrazybeautifullife.com

I'm so excited!!!
Mandi

{Kimber} said...

I love snow...but then again we have NEVER gotten YOUR kind of snow
:)
then I'd probably loathe it!

Alicia said...

I dont like snow either...i think its because we dont get any here down in AL and when we do people freak out. I cant stand to be cold so that is my main reason!

Foursons said...

Please elaborate on this "graceful" slipping business!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How about...it ruins your new leather boots. I lost many a pretty boot when I lived in DC!

Patricia said...

*LOL* I love snow... when I don't have to go out in it. If I could just stay home and everything delivered and the kids would come in magically dry from their play in the snow... it'd be perfect. ;)

great list.

Anonymous said...

I love snow but people over here don't know how to drive in it and always getting into car wrecks. Just last week it snowed, schools had to start 2 hrs late and people still got in accidents about 40 in the whole city. So that's why it's scary when it actually snows over here:(

Counselormama said...

We live in Sacramento, CA so it never snows, but every year there is like a 1% chance that it will and we all go nuts around here!

erin said...

right about now i'm NOT missing minnesota. because the 2 inches of snow that we got the other day? it'll all be gone this weekend!

i have to say, though, that minnesota snow is way better than missouri snow!

honeypiehorse said...

Snow bites the big one.

Kaci said...

AGREE AGREE AGREEEEEEEE!!! Stupid Snow, Stupid Ohio.

I'm bitter...I just fell on my ass because of stupid ice under the stupid snow.

Stupid SNOW!

Deborah Ann said...

Amen to all of that! We just got 6 feet of snow dumped on us. Sure it looks pretty, but my hubby is busy enough already, without spending hours behind the snowblower. I need to move somewhere warm. Did you hear that, God?

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Add you can't run in it.

KK said...

All good reasons I live in South Texas!

Tracie said...

I like one big, fluffy white snow per year. Then I'm done with it.

Betty Manousos said...

I love snow LOL! I suppose because we don't get much snow.
hugs hugs

Betty Manousos said...

I love snow LOL! I suppose because we don't get much snow.
hugs hugs

Libbie said...

Oh I can relate my MN friend! :) That house is down here in Lakeville. Are you a northern suburb girl or southern? There is a good strip of good ones in burnsville too. Let me know if you are a south sider need addresses :)