12.12.2009

Winner and such

Okay folks, I am late posting this.
blame it on the Christmas season, the card ordering, organizing, the Zumba class I am trying to organize for our school, the endless meetings I've had to attend, those silly students who need to be taught, and my own who need to be fed. Or blame it on the the Girls Night Out, the laundry, the cooking (blech) and such. It could even be the science experiments I have to set up and try, the restless nights sleeping, the coworker who asked me to write a short summary for a newspaper article, then told me it was due in 2 hours, or the shopping that hasn't been done.

I love the Christmas season. I know we are all so busy during this time of year. I know so many of you are reading this saying, "Buck up girl, my list makes yours look easy." And it is. Mine is not that bad. The problem is me. I don't do very well. I start doing fine, checking things off my list left and right. But then the list grows and morphs and I start to get down and overwhelmed. Instead of enjoying things like GNO, I stress about all I should be doing (until the 2nd glass of wine anyway...) I yell at the kids, gripe at the hubby and complain about life. I sit in my warm bed, with my belly full and whine about all that I don't have or have done. I spiral, and wait for the inevitable crash so I can begin again. Building up, up, up...

I believe that Heather from The Extraordinary Ordinary put it into words best here. I read this post when she posted it and was in awe that she could describe me so well. Even though it was her. I felt so happy (sorry Heather!) that someone else was like me.
So, I am going to enjoy this day, this weekend. I am going to Christmas shop, bake cookies and try to relax. Enjoy your holiday weekend, dear friends.

WINNER OF THE BLOG MAKEOVER IS..... Barbaloot!

please contact me and I will forward your info to Heather!



post signature

29 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

Sarah, hope you're having a GREAT weekend!
hugs hugs

Kristina P. said...

Congrats to Barb! She is well deserving. Love her.

Krimmyk said...

Congratulations to Barb on her win! Can't wait to see what she chooses for a design!

Tracie said...

Have a great weekend! It (the holiday stress) will all be over soon.

Stephanie said...

Congrats to Barbaloot!

Amy said...

Yeah to your winner. I think we all get some stress this time of the year.. I have it too.

Amy said...

Yeah to your winner. I think we all get some stress this time of the year.. I have it too.

Loukia said...

I love this time of year, too... I love everything about Christmas, and even more since becoming a mom! Love seeing my boys excitement, shopping for them, wrapping presents, and doing some (simple!) baking! Things are crazy right now, but it's also lots of fun! Have a great and festive weekend!

Heather of the EO said...

Oh I hear you friend. I hope you've been able to enjoy your Saturday!

It really does feel good to know someone can relate.

Liz Mays said...

Congrats to her! I'm so happy for her!

Staci said...

You aren't alone girl! I feel like I have been on hyperdrive to get Christmas stuff done before the baby gets here. It is driving me insane and I feel like I am quickly drowning in the sea of "To-Do". Wish I could enjoy a glass of wine...might make me chill for a little while (or sleep better anyway).

Anonymous said...

We cant wait to hear from the winner!

Barbaloot said...

Shut up! Did I seriously win?! I'm so excited and surprised! Mmkay. My email is bdayton93 at gmail. I guess you can just email me there? And tell me what to do? If you weren't already one of my favorite bloggers you certainly would be now:)

Helene said...

Lots of stress in the air this season! Hope things calm down soon!

Kmama said...

I completely related to your post. I go through much of what you described and become such a grinch and I swear, people look at me like I have a third head because I honestly don't have anything to be crabby about.

Anonymous said...

It's so funny you should post this...I literally just promised myself at my blog (without reading yours first!) that I would enjoy the lead up to the holidays, not stress... :)

KK said...

Me too. I love the first couple of days and then I get overwhelmed and cranky :)

erin said...

yes... you go an enjoy your weekend girl. and keep that wine handy! :-) (and the peanut butter!)

honeypiehorse said...

I'm totally with you. I could have written exactly this post.

The Dental Maven said...

What stresses me is not being able to get a parking spot at the Mall. I get a full head of steam going when I have to do laps around the entire Mall just waiting for someone to leave and then quickly nab their spot. Urgh!

Mommy Bear said...

I am right there with you on the getting overwhelmed. This time of the year does that to me.

JennyMac said...

Love Barbaloot! Great giveaway. Congrats to Barb.

Unknown said...

What's your favorite teacher gift?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Woop woop for your lucky winner!

Jamee said...

Just wanted to let you know that you've got an award waiting for you over at my blog!

I hope things calm down for you & that you can enjoy the holidays stress-free!

Mayhem and Moxie said...

I heart Barbaloot. She is fabulous. Can't wait to see what she does with a brand new blog design.

Look out, Dr. Seuss.

Oh, and about being completely stressed and overwhelmed at the holidays? I have no idea what you are talking about. :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Stress seems to be a part of everyone's holiday season. Hope you find some time for the joy too.

E @ Scottsville said...

Oddly enough, Jason and I are still working on Christmas and gifts together as a team... and so he's getting all the 'big' stuff and I'm worrying about all the "little stuff". I prefer it that way. I don't do good with the technological stuff, I prefer the ornaments, clothes and foofy frills. ha ha ha

I'm almost ready for Christmas. Hang in there and have a hot chocolate for me!

Pres. Kathy said...

This is my most favorite time of the year, but also the most stressful. I agree about the lists. I feel so good when I get stuff done and I cross something off, but the list gets bigger and bigger by the hour!! I say grab a glass of wine and everything will get done! Have a great week!